Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #561
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by cland View Post

Will you be my teammate please?
You know, the two are a LOT alike.

Both the best at their positions yet extremely humble. I really think if this does happen AJ will have had a big hand in this.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #562
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I honestly don't think any news on this will develop until Friday at 6:00PM.
I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Nnamdi deal gets announced before then. If I had to pick a day, I'd say tomorrow.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #563
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

is it just a situation, in that photo, of where the two guys are standing in relation to the camera...

Or is Nnamdi TALLER than AJ?
Old 07-27-2011   #564
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Opposite of that.

Nnamdi is 6-2 and AJ is 6-3.

Isn't that Veird?

Old 07-27-2011   #565
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's just an awkward angle.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #566
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If this happens, then all the McNair propoganda guys are right and I'm buying a bunch of tin foil hats. Phillips is a known commodity at DC, and a good one. Phillips is a known quantity at HC and a not so good one. Surely McNair is not so out of touch with the fan base as to name Phillips as HC over Cowher.
I'd hope he wouldn't be as foolish to sign Phillips at all as a HC, although I'd rather have Phillips over Kubiak. Cowher has already expressed interest in the Texans two years ago and I definitely think he wanted to come here. The fact that Kubiak wasn't fired already after teams like the Bucs, Falcons, Jets, Saints, and a few others already bounced back while we ended up regressing isn't indicative to me that Bob will make sound decisions on his coaches. He certainly has swung and missed on two regimes now. I sure as hell hope that the 3rd time is a charm whenever that may be. I just hope that Phillips isn't that 3rd charm.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #567
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
is it just a situation, in that photo, of where the two guys are standing in relation to the camera...

According to NFL.com Nnamdi is 6-2 210 lbs and AJ is 6-3 225lbs.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011   #568
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's all about perspective

Old 07-27-2011   #569
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
You know, the two are a LOT alike.

Both the best at their positions yet extremely humble. I really think if this does happen AJ will have had a big hand in this.
You're right, their decency made me delete my initial quote:

Andre: "Sign with us or get Finnegan'd in our next matchup."
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #570
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

That man is GINORMOUS he can palm the sun!!!
Old 07-27-2011   #571
GP 
Go Texans!

I....I.........I can't see.......(rubbing my eyes)
Old 07-27-2011   #572
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
It's all about perspective

You're proposing that astronomers have a clue what they're talking about. There's no scientific data that actually weighs the sun. That's because it isn't possible.
Old 07-27-2011   #573
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd hope he wouldn't be as foolish to sign Phillips at all as a HC, although I'd rather have Phillips over Kubiak. Cowher has already expressed interest in the Texans two years ago and I definitely think he wanted to come here. The fact that Kubiak wasn't fired already after teams like the Bucs, Falcons, Jets, Saints, and a few others already bounced back while we ended up regressing isn't indicative to me that Bob will make sound decisions on his coaches. He certainly has swung and missed on two regimes now. I sure as hell hope that the 3rd time is a charm whenever that may be. I just hope that Phillips isn't that 3rd charm.
One can only hope.
Old 07-27-2011   #574
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
One can only hope.
I guess that's all we have.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #575
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I guess that's all we have.
Dude. THIS is our year.

Can't you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it? LOL.

What I can't believe is that I have tricked so many people on here into having hope that we are going to land Aso! Losers.
Old 07-27-2011   #576
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude. THIS is our year.

Can't you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it? LOL.

What I can't believe is that I have tricked so many people on here into having hope that we are going to land Aso! Losers.
You are full of shit ......

Take your tinfoil hat and go sit on the dunce seat !

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #577
Allstar
Bona fide

John McClain backtracking a little:

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
As I've said for months, Texans will make an offer to Nnamdi Asomugha, but I'll be shocked if they get him. They don't have cap room.

I don't ever remember him saying we'd make an offer, all I remember hearing is "absolutely not gonna happen."
Old 07-27-2011   #578
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McClain_on_NFL John McClain
As I've said for months, Texans will make an offer to Nnamdi Asomugha, but I'll be shocked if they get him. They don't have cap room.
McClain is as clueless as we are regarding the Texans cap situation.
Old 07-27-2011   #579
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us getting him. Jacoby and Butler just re-signed.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #580
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
McClain is as clueless as we are regarding the Texans cap situation.
Probably even more clueless than us. The man is just out of touch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read