Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #541
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Asomugha going to Dallas would be a tragedy, but I don't see them outbidding Houston. And I don't see Nnamdi wanting anything to do with Jerry Jones.
Dallas doesn't have to outbid us. They can out potential win us.
Old 07-27-2011   #542
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems that every team has interest in one player or another, but the Texans are very quiet, only report I've seen us linked to other than Aso is Weddle.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #543
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If I nail this prediction, I assume total control of this whole message board. Be careful all ye who have scorned me in the past.
You gotta get in line ..... Ive said a dozen times or more in the last three months that Namdi will end up in a Texans uniform this offseason.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #544
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Dallas has won the Buc/Dallas Doug Free war. Glad to see it as the Bucs are reported as not going after Nnamdi, and the less cap money Dallas has the better.
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #545
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You gotta get in line ..... Ive said a dozen times or more in the last three months that Namdi will end up in a Texans uniform this offseason.
So has pretty much every insider the past 3 months. Someone here posted that Mike Francessa WFAN in NY stated a couple weeks ago that Aso signing with Houston was the worst kept secret in the NFL. Every executive in the NFL knew the deal was already done.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #546
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Seems that every team has interest in one player or another, but the Texans are very quiet, only report I've seen us linked to other than Aso is Weddle.
That's not a bad thing. Maybe things can be finnagled to get both of them on the roster. Does the 90 player thing mean we HAVE to have 90 players in camp?
Old 07-27-2011   #547
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
On the bright side though, if this season goes sour, we've made the transition so much easier for Cowher to come in to by already switching to the 3-4.
Now there's a reason for optimism. Unfortunately I tend to agree with the crowd that feels like Wade Phillips will end up being the next HC if Kubiak does end up going.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011   #548
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Now there's a reason for optimism. Unfortunately I tend to agree with the crowd that feels like Wade Phillips will end up being the next HC if Kubiak does end up going.
THATS a given.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #549
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So. I gave such intricate details about how it went down.

You can be on my cabinet, though. You're either with me...or against me, Corrosion.

Tick tock...
Old 07-27-2011   #550
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas mitigated cap space by cutting offensive players, but they drafted those positions in the last two years.

I am not fearful of the Cowboys in their pursuit of Aso, even though CB is a need.
Old 07-27-2011   #551
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If this happens, then all the McNair propoganda guys are right and I'm buying a bunch of tin foil hats. Phillips is a known commodity at DC, and a good one. Phillips is a known quantity at HC and a not so good one. Surely McNair is not so out of touch with the fan base as to name Phillips as HC over Cowher.
Old 07-27-2011   #552
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas just signed OT Doug Free to a 4 year $32 million offer.
Old 07-27-2011   #553
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Dallas mitigated cap space by cutting offensive players, but they drafted those positions in the last two years.

I am not fearful of the Cowboys in their pursuit of Aso, even though CB is a need.
Jinxing it. Thanks a lot!

I liked you better when you were posting fishing photos.
Old 07-27-2011   #554
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, and you know Schaub has been coached to say that.

He's expressing willingness, but is not indicting himself by saying he HAS had those discussions about it.

I'm telling you guys: I think Bob has been wanting that Aso so bad, for so long, that there is no other guy out there he wants more. Raging.

EDIT: Peter King, whom I do not care for much btw, has said it's the worst-kept secret that Aso is heading to Houston. I think he knows something solid on this deal. Because he's out and out saying this is done and has been for some time. But Peter King is not going to get involved as a witness in the crime of tampering. He, too, is choosing his words nicely.

The whole damn NFL OWES us this one, OK? Goodell, Tagliabue's ghost, the kid who ran out onto the field and retrieved the kickoff tee at Oilers games. They all OWE us this one. For Pete Prisco's sake, let us have some quality Aso for a change!
King does have connections everywhere. Maybe he has a solid source.

I've been thinking all offseason about Texans and Aso. I need me some T and Aso!
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #555
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jinxing it. Thanks a lot!

I liked you better when you were posting fishing photos.
mmmmmm fishing.....
Old 07-27-2011   #556
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

all this talk of worst kept secret is starting to frustrate me.

i was preparing myself all off-season in not getting some Aso but now optimism is returning and I'm getting my hopes up ... DAMMIT I WANT ME SOME ASO!!!!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #557
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas just signed OT Doug Free to a 4 year $32 million offer.
Someone send a thank you card to Tampa.
Old 07-27-2011   #558
Allstar
Bona fide

I'd say we postpone the circle-jerk until tomorrow night, Nnamdi isn't a Texan yet. Here's to hoping there will be actual news in the morning.
Old 07-27-2011   #559
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Will you be my teammate please?
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #560
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
I'd say we postpone the circle-jerk until tomorrow night, Nnamdi isn't a Texan yet. Here's to hoping there will be actual news in the morning.
I honestly don't think any news on this will develop until Friday at 6:00PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read