Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #481
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
but i'm sure he is more worried about his offensive guys.
From what I heard on Sirius NFL, it was an offer to restructure precisely to resign WR FA's, which are several and at least one is potentially season breaking. If the J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets lose Holmes, who will Sanchez throw to? Edwards? There goes the completion %.
Old 07-26-2011   #482
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
But I just can not see how they can resign their own FA's (both starting WR's) and a CB that will get 12-15 million. They had major cap issues to begin with.
Did you miss the "find a way" part of his post?
Old 07-26-2011   #483
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Did you miss the "find a way" part of his post?
No matter how hard you try you can not get blood from a turnip.

Either way I stated earlier its my X Flies conspiracy theory and it makes me all warm and tingly inside so let me have it please.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #484
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Albert Breer
Key words are "some money," but there are plenty of dudes and dudettes on this board who have speculated that Aso won't sign for the absolute last cent, but has other factors in his decision. Just saying, but we will see.
Old 07-26-2011   #485
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Movie career or not, I'm having a hard time believing the NY Jets can or would want to sign Aso with the new cap. If he just took the same contact as Darrelle Revis he would cost an equal 16.5 million dollars per year. Adding the two cornerbacks up you get, 33 Million per year on a cap of $123M = 26.8% of the entire teams salary.

Even if Nnamdi gave a huge "home team" discount and played for 10 million per year, that's still 21.5% of the entire teams cap accounting for 2 out of 53 active roster spots.

I have a feeling someone is playing a joke on the media.
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #486
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
When we exercised the option in 2010 it was for three years at ~$28M. Where did you get the 5.7M?
Roto world but I am puzzled about that as we speak. As you say he got $10m 2010 leaving $18 for 2011 & 2012 or $9m each remaining year. That also fits with re-structuring a bit more.

Also, cannot find any bonus involved wuith the 3 year extension just $28 million with $10m in 2010.
Old 07-26-2011   #487
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Either way I stated earlier its my X Flies conspiracy theory and it makes me all warm and tingly inside so let me have it please.
Define blood.
Old 07-26-2011   #488
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there are teams we should be more worried about than the Jets in our competition for Aso.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #489
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think there are teams we should be more worried about than the Jets in our competition for Aso.
Names, sources????
Old 07-26-2011   #490
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cland View Post
I have a feeling someone is playing a joke on the media.
Kubiak, Smith and Asos agent. All in Kubiaks office eating $5 foot longs with a deal that already makes Aso a Texan.

Kubes: What shoould we say now?
Smith: Say the Redskins are getting into the bidding
Aso's agent: LOL
Smith: No. Say the Falcons are signing him and they are trading Robinson back to Houston for $17 million a year
Kubiak: AWESOME!
Philips: Hey guys whats going on??I smell sammiches??

EDIT:for Brandon
Old 07-26-2011   #491
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:

My argument would be that "find a way" teams/people magically do find blood in their turnips.

Edit:
Ooops, missed the X-Files part of your post. Carry on and ignore me.
Old 07-26-2011   #492
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't see Asomugha coming here, not if he's serious about winning. Sure, the Texans MIGHT be a good team with him in the secondary, but if he goes to a team like the Jets or Ravens he's going to a bonafide contender as well as to a team that has shown what it takes to win. I hope I'm wrong though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #493
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Some guy who sounds like Michael Wilbon from PTI on a show called "Put Up Your Dukes" (not to be confused with the NFL Network show) was on 97.5 FM and he was talking about the impact signing Namadi would have on this team.

He basically said that by getting Namadi, the management shows the team that they are serious about getting players who can help this team out and I can't think of a better way to inspire this team then to get guys who can play at a real high level.

We sign players that are solid but we never make a splash. Namadi would be a splash and the Texans would be front and center of the media. Not only does signing him give us a positive vibe but it can inspire Kareem Jackson and the like to look up at the King of Shutdown CBs.

Namadi can also be a coach on the field and do what coach's can't during a game. He is a leader who can command the DBs and make sure players are in position.

Just like Schaub is the leader of our offense, Namadi can be the leader of the DBs, Ryans or Cushing can lead the LBs, and Mario can lead the DEs.

So McNair do whatever you have to. I will BUY season tickets if it makes it that much easier for the Texans to sign the guy.

WE NEED HIM BADLY!!!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #494
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Add "I thought I smelt sammiches" to the end of Phillips' line and we have a deal!
Old 07-26-2011   #495
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Roto world but I am puzzled about that as we speak. As you say he got $10m 2010 leaving $18 for 2011 & 2012 or $9m each remaining year. That also fits with re-structuring a bit more.

Also, cannot find any bonus involved wuith the 3 year extension just $28 million with $10m in 2010.
I am been looking around as well, but can't find two "sources" to help confirm.
Old 07-26-2011   #496
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Names, sources????
Just my opinion. If the Eagles don't get DRC, watch out. Keep an eye on Dallas and Baltimore as well.
Old 07-26-2011   #497
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I just can't see Asomugha coming here, not if he's serious about winning. Sure, the Texans MIGHT be a good team with him in the secondary, but if he goes to a team like the Jets or Ravens he's going to a bonafide contender as well as to a team that has shown what it takes to win. I hope I'm wrong though.
If you look at Phillip's record for improving defenses and consider the fact that we have a top 4 offense, what do you base your argument on? If the J-E-T-S sign Aso, they lose their entinre WR corps. Winning or losing 10-9 or 9-10 is not going to win fans in NYC.
Old 07-26-2011   #498
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Another thing just popped up in my head, is Terrence Newman a FA, if so, any chance Phillps tries to bring him here if we can't get Namadi?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #499
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Another thing just popped up in my head, is Terrence Newman a FA, if so, any chance Phillps tries to bring him here if we can't get Namadi?
Quote:
By Jason La Canfora |

Published: July 26th, 2011 | Tags: Terence Newman, Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys will not release CB Terence Newman, according to a team source. The high-priced player was a potential salary-cap casualty, and his deal still could be reworked, but he wasn’t among the players informed Tuesday that he would be released by the team.
Nope.
Old 07-26-2011   #500
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Dallas didn't cut him, at least not yet. Looks like they want to keep, maybe restructure his deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read