Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #461
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Greeny starts suffering from homer delusions and I lose 10 minutes of sports radio time on my morning commute.
I hoped something positive about the Aso-Houston would get done before morning. I enjoy listening to Mike&Mike in the morning but I hate how Greeney will take a general football conversation and transform the rest of the segment into something completely about the Jets.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #462
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I really don't think Nnamdi to the Jets has any legs.
Here's the difference between the Jets and other teams (like the Texans). They don't say "can't". They find a way. They need a CB, the get Cromartie. They need a WR, they get two in Holmes and Edwards. They need a vet RB, they get LT. A pass rusher? Here comes Jason Taylor.

So I don't put anything past the Jets organization. They are can-do. Not an adjective I would ascribe to the Texans.
Old 07-26-2011   #463
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted by DX-Tex in the Texans FA thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
LaConfora at nfl.com.

Either the Texans have their man and keeping really damn quiet about it or no one told them the lockout ended.
That's about the most accurate reporting on the Texans we're going to get all week.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #464
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Free Agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha likes the Jets , Texans after him too. Now, Sources tell me #Redskins are pursuing him. #NFL
http://twitter.com/#!/DanHellie/stat...52772088188930
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #465
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. If it got out today that Aso had an agreement with the Texans someone would accuse them of dealing during the lockout.

Either I am awesome at smelling this stuff out or I am drunk on some Battle Red Kool Aid!
If it'sa firm deal, it would also affect the bargaining power of other CB's with other teams. Aso is the creme de la creme. All others pale compared to him.
Old 07-26-2011   #466
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'll spot ya!!!
If I do a double back flip I'll be spotting---the carpet. LOL
Old 07-26-2011   #467
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
From Solomon's most recent Chrapical article

King, who Texans GM Rick Smith subbed to write a column for a couple weeks ago, also has the Texans signing Eagles’ safety Quintin Mikell (No. 32) and Browns’ Abram Elam during this frenzied free agent signing period that will be unlike anything the NFL has ever seen.
I'll take 2/3.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #468
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 62838 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Here's the difference between the Jets and other teams (like the Texans). They don't say "can't". They find a way. They need a CB, the get Cromartie. They need a WR, they get two in Holmes and Edwards. They need a vet RB, they get LT. A pass rusher? Here comes Jason Taylor.

So I don't put anything past the Jets organization. They are can-do. Not an adjective I would ascribe to the Texans.
But I just can not see how they can resign their own FA's (both starting WR's) and a CB that will get 12-15 million. They had major cap issues to begin with.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #469
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is Schaub's contract tha big? It's a nice gesture, either way.
$5.7m salary.
Old 07-26-2011   #470
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cb's are starting to be signed and the Texans have done nothing we know of. I believe they have something done and keeping it tight. Dont want to be accused of tampering during the offseason....
What I meant to say was that I felt he was our most realistic opportunity at getting a CB.
Old 07-26-2011   #471
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I hoped something positive about the Aso-Houston would get done before morning. I enjoy listening to Mike&Mike in the morning but I hate how Greeney will take a general football conversation and transform the rest of the segment into something completely about the Jets.
Yep, it's disgustingly self indulgent. There's already enough about that show that rubs me wrong. Give me Freddie Coleman anytime.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #472
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
$5.7m salary.
That's all??? What's to be restructured? That's chickenfeed by NFL standards.
Old 07-26-2011   #473
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Friday? I'm a little confused... when does FA open? I thought it started at 11 this morning?
Old 07-26-2011   #474
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but Sanchez is willing to rework his contract...That means more for teams in NYC than hamlets like Houston.
According to Rotoworld.com, Sanchez has over $14 million in salary and bonus due in 2011. So, he can help the Jets out quite a bit by restructuring.
Old 07-26-2011   #475
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
According to Rotoworld.com, Sanchez has over $14 million in salary and bonus due in 2011. So, he can help the Jets out quite a bit by restructuring.
but i'm sure he is more worried about his offensive guys.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #476
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Friday? I'm a little confused... when does FA open? I thought it started at 11 this morning?
You can talk to FAs, cant sign until Friday
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #477
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Albert Breer

Quote:
AlbertBreer Albert Breer

I do think this about Nnamdi -- Winning is important this time around. And I believe he'd sacrifice some money for the right situation.

2 hours ago
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #478
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
$5.7m salary.
When we exercised the option in 2010 it was for three years at ~$28M. Where did you get the 5.7M?
Old 07-26-2011   #479
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
They can take his salary and move a portion of it to bonus which would then be spread out over his remaining contract knocking his cap hit this season down a few million (probably like 2)
Old 07-26-2011   #480
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
That's just salary, don't know how much his signing bonus was for this year but probably a few million.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read