Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #441
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Bob Allan just said on 13 that Shaub would consider restructuring his contract. He didn't give specific reasons why, as in to get a particular player. Either way, it's good to know.
I think this was the plan BEFORE the lockout, Scahub and AJ both agreed for a restructuring to sign Aso. We know AJ was openly recruiting Namdi and I remember an interview where Schaub stated he was doing the same.

Why on earth has EVERY insider, for the entire summer, keep saying the Texans were going to sign Aso?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #442
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Is Schaub's contract tha big? It's a nice gesture, either way.
I don't know what it is and I'm too lazy to dig it up right now, but it does send a good message of leadership and selflessness.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #443
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
It would be the sickest combination in NFL history and there would never be a better combo than that.
Lester Hayes & Mike Haynes were very good for the Raiders in the '80s. Won the Super Bowl in their first year together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think most of the second tier CBs are waiting on Aso to use his contract as a benchmark.
What if Nnamdi takes less $$$ to play for the Jets? Joseph could become the highest paid CB in free agency. I hope the Texans have a plan B, because Asomugha to the Jets sounds real.
Old 07-26-2011   #444
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know what it is and I'm too lazy to dig it up right now, but it does send a good message of leadership and selflessness.
True statement.
Old 07-26-2011   #445
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Still doesn't explain why ESPN doesn't even mention him. They are very good at talking out of their asses, and Nnamdi is the top FA. Doesn't make sense that he isn't in the news at all.
Yeah, I failed to consider that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Nah... his agent is going to make sure every team in the running knows what the highest bid is.
That's his agent. It's the teams in the running who need to not be playing any cards.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #446
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This kind of deal with Texans player restructuring to bring in a Super Star will pump up fan base. I will do a double back flip...well maybe I'll just get up off sofa really quick and hope I don't faint, but that is about as good as I can do.
Old 07-26-2011   #447
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Lester Hayes & Mike Haynes were very good for the Raiders in the '80s. Won the Super Bowl in their first year together.

What if Nnamdi takes less $$$ to play for the Jets? Joseph could become the highest paid CB in free agency. I hope the Texans have a plan B, because Asomugha to the Jets sounds real.
I really don't think Nnamdi to the Jets has any legs. It all started with Mortenson on Mike & Mike. Greeny has talked up the Jets finding a way to get Aso and specifically asked how it would be done. Mort said that Nnamdi would like to act after his career and New York would certainly help with that and said that Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut. That took off like wild fire.

There have been reports that the Jets have reached out to Cromartie today and are currently battling with Buffalo for Drayton Florence's services. It's also worth noting that they have contacted Holmes as well.

Also, it would still make sense for all the other CBs to wait, even if Nnamdi takes a discount, because everyone else that missed out could start battling for them.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #448
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This kind of deal with Texans player restructuring to bring in a Super Star will pump up fan base. I will do a double back flip...well maybe I'll just get up off sofa really quick and hope I don't faint, but that is about as good as I can do.
I'll spot ya!!!
Old 07-26-2011   #449
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're implying that an "anonymous source" that leaked the info couldn't be his agent or someone from the Aso camp trying to hike up a deal?
I don't know, but until he signs with Houston I will take the "Aso wants to be a Jet" rumors at face value.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #450
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't know, but until he signs with Houston I will take the "Aso wants to be a Jet" rumors at face value.
...because he want to "be an actor".....Remember all this Aso to Jets nonsense started when that schill Mortenson made this comment this morning.
Old 07-26-2011   #451
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how the jets could afford that much of the salary cap at 2 of the same position. I get it, corners are high value players. But Revis @ 11mil, Aso @ 15mil? Thats like 20% of the entire salary cap. Just doesn't seem plausible.
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #452
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Pittsburgh reached agreement with veteran cornerback Ike Taylor on a four-year deal.
That sucks. I wanted him.
Old 07-26-2011   #453
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

From Solomon's most recent Chrapical article

Quote:
In this week’s issue of Sports Illustrated, which hits newsstands on Friday, SI’s Peter King picks his top 50 NFL free agent, and predicts where they will sign.

King has Raiders’ cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha as the top guy on the board. And he predicts Asomugha will land with … the Texans.

King, who Texans GM Rick Smith subbed to write a column for a couple weeks ago, also has the Texans signing Eagles’ safety Quintin Mikell (No. 32) and Browns’ Abram Elam during this frenzied free agent signing period that will be unlike anything the NFL has ever seen.

Everyone is trying to get the upper hand in who goes where, and it is going to be fun keeping track of what happens.

Regardless of what you may have heard from crazy yappers on the radio, I can say with certainty that Nnamdi Asomugha has Houston on his list of teams for which he is interested in playing. In fact, he likes the city very much and is generally impressed with the organization.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #454
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
I don't see how the jets could afford that much of the salary cap at 2 of the same position. I get it, corners are high value players. But Revis @ 11mil, Aso @ 15mil? Thats like 20% of the entire salary cap. Just doesn't seem plausible.
Yeah, but Sanchez is willing to rework his contract...That means more for teams in NYC than hamlets like Houston.
Old 07-26-2011   #455
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't think Nnamdi to the Jets has any legs. It all started with Mortenson on Mike & Mike. Greeny has talked up the Jets finding a way to get Aso and specifically asked how it would be done. Mort said that Nnamdi would like to act after his career and New York would certainly help with that and said that Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut. That took off like wild fire.
Greeny starts suffering from homer delusions and I lose 10 minutes of sports radio time on my morning commute.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #456
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
That sucks. I wanted him.
Cb's are starting to be signed and the Texans have done nothing we know of. I believe they have something done and keeping it tight. Dont want to be accused of tampering during the offseason....
Old 07-26-2011   #457
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Cb's are starting to be signed and the Texans have done nothing we know of. I believe they have something done and keeping it tight. Dont want to be accused of tampering during the offseason....
No signing the dotted line til Friday, right?
Old 07-26-2011   #458
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Funny how we havent heard anything from houston about a CB and we havent heard much from Aso and his agent.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #459
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but Sanchez is willing to rework his contract...That means more for teams in NYC than hamlets like Houston.
Sanchez said that directly after a question about having enough cap room to get his receivers back.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #460
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No signing the dotted line til Friday, right?
Yep. If it got out today that Aso had an agreement with the Texans someone would accuse them of dealing during the lockout.

Either I am awesome at smelling this stuff out or I am drunk on some Battle Red Kool Aid!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read