Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #421
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I have never thought about that...would be nice for once..
I posted my X Files type theory a couple pages ago. I think Namdi wants to come here and his agent is just trying to get as much as possible.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #422
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting that of all the posted hints about Asomugha going everywhere and being offered contract by Jets NOTHING is on ESPN or NFL network.....
Old 07-26-2011   #423
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Interesting that of all the posted hints about Asomugha going everywhere and being offered contract by Jets NOTHING is on ESPN or NFL network.....
That's because he's going to the Texans and the Texans are going to the SB. They're just building the suspense.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #424
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly I feel that it is a bit odd that they haven't even speculated. I haven't heard his name on the tv for hours.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #425
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im saying it again: Aso's agent is creating this whole "jets want Namdi" story to leverage the Texans for more money.
Considering the Jets are reaching out to him already & he presumably wants to be a Jet? I don't know...

Quote:
The Newark Star-Ledger confirms the Jets have "reached out" to free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.
This comes on the heels of an earlier report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Jets plan to "make a run at" Asomugha to pair him with Darrelle Revis. Multiple reports suggest Asomugha is willing to leave money on the table to sign with playoff contender, and Rex Ryan's squad fits the bill. Asomugha also has designs on an acting career, which may give the Jets yet another edge.
http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...namdi-asomugha
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #426
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
After hearing about Dallas' cap situation, I'm not sure that it will have a huge affect. Any word on what Expensive, I mean Free, is gonna sign for?
They already cut Columbo and Davis off the OL and I think they were banking on Free re-signing without it being too expensive.

If TB tries to overpay wildly for him so they can hit the salary floor that could knock out 2 potential suitors.
Old 07-26-2011   #427
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's because he's going to the Texans and the Texans are going to the SB. They're just building the suspense.
From your lips to god's ear.
Old 07-26-2011   #428
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me and God...we be mates.
Old 07-26-2011   #429
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Preach on brotha!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #430
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Honestly I feel that it is a bit odd that they haven't even speculated. I haven't heard his name on the tv for hours.
Bit odd that nothing on Texans letting players go to build cap space or re-negotiating deals (although latter could be reported only if Aso signs.)
Old 07-26-2011   #431
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Considering the Jets are reaching out to him already & he presumably wants to be a Jet? I don't know...

No offense but I could start spreading those rumors as well. No names attached, no verification. It could have been had from some random blog. Top that with the Jets having cap issues to begin with and their #1 AND #2 receivers being FA's.

Im probably wrong but it isnt too far from a reality at the same time.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #432
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 80974 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I don't think any teams want a week-long bidding war. Everyone's keeping quiet until Friday.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #433
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

You're implying that an "anonymous source" that leaked the info couldn't be his agent or someone from the Aso camp trying to hike up a deal?
Old 07-26-2011   #434
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I have never thought about that...would be nice for once..
Would be the case for any team. If this was "Eagles/Colts"...they'd say something like:

"He's always wanted to have the Rocky theme played before games"

Colts give up more money. Boom.
Old 07-26-2011   #435
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I don't think any teams want a week-long bidding war. Everyone's keeping quiet until Friday.
Still doesn't explain why ESPN doesn't even mention him. They are very good at talking out of their asses, and Nnamdi is the top FA. Doesn't make sense that he isn't in the news at all.
Old 07-26-2011   #436
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bit odd that nothing on Texans letting players go to build cap space or re-negotiating deals (although latter could be reported only if Aso signs.)
Bob Allan just said on 13 that Shaub would consider restructuring his contract. He didn't give specific reasons why, as in to get a particular player. Either way, it's good to know.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #437
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Nah... his agent is going to make sure every team in the running knows what the highest bid is.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #438
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Bob Allan just said on 13 that Shaub would consider restructuring his contract. He didn't give specific reasons why, as in to get a particular player. Either way, it's good to know.
Is Schaub's contract tha big? It's a nice gesture, either way.
Old 07-26-2011   #439
Allstar
Bona fide

ericwinston Eric Winston
So free agency started.I understand that you can sign your own but I thought you had to wait until Fri to sign other? I.e Takeo Spikes to SD

Good to see Eric paid attention in that conference call
Old 07-26-2011   #440
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
WOW. Thanks. NFL network talking about 7 FA on Jets that NY needsa to re-sign and also Focused on Santonio Holmes. Edwards, Holmes & Cromartie with Holmes MUST sign for Jets. Nothing about ASO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read