Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #401
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Even Aso can't overcome playing back ten yards from the line
More to the point, Aso would still look foolish when he releases a WR running a post and the safety is nowhere to be found. How many times did that happen to Jackson, Quinn, and company last season? Our safety play was a disgrace!
Old 07-26-2011   #402
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Great thread. I hope we lasso Aso b4 Dallas does!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #403
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
More to the point, Aso would still look foolish when he releases a WR running a post and the safety is nowhere to be found. How many times did that happen to Jackson, Quinn, and company last season? Our safety play was a disgrace!
This is a true statement and 76Texan deserves credit for pointing it out. His posts have made me rewatch many plays to see this. It's all too easy to blame the CB. That said, Aso owuld be a dream for Phillips in his game planning.
Old 07-26-2011   #404
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Great thread. I hope we lasso Aso b4 Dallas does!
Apparently Dallas is in a bidding war with TB for Doug Free.

snicker
Old 07-26-2011   #405
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bills and Jets are bidding for Buffalo DB Drayton Florence. Hmmmmmm......
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #406
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
The Bills and Jets are bidding for Buffalo DB Drayton Florence. Hmmmmmm......
Where did you hear that?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #407
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
OK. You addressed two out of five positions you listed. We've had a top 4 passing O the last 3 seasons and you want to deep six Aso to improve that. What??? Are you nucking futs??? KR and PR guys are usually not huge FA signings. So tell me again about all the holes we need to fix? If we had Aso last season, we're talking our 2nd trip to the playoffs and winning the SB. Without Aso this season, we're talking about the '12 season as "our year". I'm sick of next year being "our year".
You should go back and reread the last page of this thread. I addressed the positions you listed. I think you confused someone else's post for mine, because I only said we could upgrade a few spots, without giving specifics. I didn't list 5 positions of need, someone else did.

I'm not saying we are a huge roster turnover from reaching the playoffs, I just think we could "possibly" need help in more than one spot.

I do think that you should back away from the ledge though. I have a feeling you're going to get butt hurt if we don't sign this guy and then you'll be on an emotional low that's gonna be hard to rebound from.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #408
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Wake me when something happens....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #409
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Apparently Dallas is in a bidding war with TB for Doug Free.

snicker
This is relevant to this thread how?
Old 07-26-2011   #410
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Where did you hear that?

JasonLaCanfora
Quote:
The Bills and Jets are bidding for Buffalo DB Drayton Florence; Bengals & Packers express interest in Brandon Jackson
Old 07-26-2011   #411
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
You should go back and reread the last page of this thread. I addressed the positions you listed. I think you confused someone else's post for mine, because I only said we could upgrade a few spots, without giving specifics. I didn't list 5 positions of need, someone else did.

I'm not saying we are a huge roster turnover from reaching the playoffs, I just think we could "possibly" need help in more than one spot.

I do think that you should back away from the ledge though. I have a feeling you're going to get butt hurt if we don't sign this guy and then you'll be on an emotional low that's gonna be hard to rebound from.
You're right. it was GTX something or other. LOL on the emotional low. My 1st Oiler's game was in 1976. I'm accustomed to emotional lows. Sorry for misquoting ya, bro.
Old 07-26-2011   #412
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would love to see Aso here.

As I said, I expect the worst and will hope for the best.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #413
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
This is relevant to this thread how?
I can't believe you aren't seeing the relevance, especially since i quoted the post but here goes:

Dallas being in a bidding war to sign their own LT significantly lowers their chances of being in the Scrabble tournament.

Thought you coulda put that together yourself there Columbo.
Old 07-26-2011   #414
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I can't believe you aren't seeing the relevance, especially since i quoted the post but here goes:

Dallas being in a bidding war to sign 8t's own LT significantly lowers their chances of being in the Scrabble tournament.

Thought you coulda put that together yourself there Columbo.
After hearing about Dallas' cap situation, I'm not sure that it will have a huge affect. Any word on what Expensive, I mean Free, is gonna sign for?
Old 07-26-2011   #415
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Pittsburgh reached agreement with veteran cornerback Ike Taylor on a four-year deal.
Old 07-26-2011   #416
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im saying it again: Aso's agent is creating this whole "jets want Namdi" story to leverage the Texans for more money.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #417
Allstar
Bona fide

semi-relevant news:

Pittsburgh reached agreement with veteran cornerback Ike Taylor on a four-year deal.

I'm somewhat relieved, didn't really want him. Let's hope we don't end up with no one though....
Old 07-26-2011   #418
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
semi-relevant news:

I'm somewhat relieved, didn't really want him. Let's hope we don't end up with no one though....
Considering Pittsburgh's history, this is amazing. I think this will work against us, though. More suiters after our prize.
Old 07-26-2011   #419
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im saying it again: Aso's agent is creating this whole "jets want Namdi" story to leverage the Texans for more money.
I have never thought about that...would be nice for once..
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #420
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
That's a good agent. Sign the man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read