Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2011   #2641
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

This is a good second place result. Out of our conference and Dallas plays him twice a year.

I've seen worse results.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2642
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry, Jerry (shaking head)

Michael Lombardi
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi

I know some say Cowboys were not in it but Rex Ryan thought for sure his brother was and many in Oaktown thought Dallas. They were in it

1 hour ago
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2643
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Why did we get out? That's more than reasonable.
Ok, now that knee jerk reaction to lowness of the contract has passed. I'm still more than ok with who the FO signned and how they went about their business.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2644
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

my thoughts..

so glad the Texans FO moved on. Eagles weren't mentioned at all through the whole thing by the media(tells you something) . It would be interesting to see how the Jets fans are imploding (they will get Cromartie so not all is lost)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2645
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cland View Post
Agreed! So glad we chose the path we did, what a strange strange disaster. I like how the Jets restructured everybody and their brother to afford him, meaning now all their cap is 11.5 million below the cap....there's no turning that back in.
Yeah, now it sucks that they can afford to grab Cullen Jenkins, Many Lawson, and any other pass rusher that might be out there.

Old 07-29-2011   #2646
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FWIW, Nnamdi signed with Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think Aso's agent cost him some bucks. Oh, well.
Aso's a rich man. I'm sure money is important, but it isn't everything.

Someone on this board said something about Aso being a possible Hall-of-Famer.

It ain't going to happen if he don't get on a team that starts winning.

If he had to choose between us & the Jets, that's a tough decision. You'd lean towards the Jets, but you have to wonder how long that's going to last. The Texans look like they're on the way up, but they've been looking that way for the last 4 years.

Dallas....... same as the Jets. Eagles....... now we're talking. Andy Reid's been there for what, a decade? That F.O. how long? They do things a certain way & have been for a long, long time, & it works for the most part.

We could offer him $15 million, Jets offer $11.5 million & he's got the Jets in the lead.

The Eagles offer $12.5 million, plus a real chance at immortality. It's a no-brainer.

plus he's out of the AFC, so
Old 07-29-2011   #2647
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Absolutely he did .... When the Texans moved on and signed Joseph he lost considerable leverage.

Dont yet know what they offered Namdi .... but Im sure we'll find out eventually.

The guaranteed money seems low .... His agent didnt get him the best deal but he did get him with a contender.
Depends on how you look at it.

Everyone knew we were going to throw big money at him. The Jets were the only ones with the gnads to put their "clout" against our green.

As soon as we bowed out, Dallas jumps in the race, the Eagles jumps in the race.

He was never coming to Houston, he just wanted us to get the money up. But when we were flashing our wallet, the only other contender was the Jets with a very good reason to keep the number at $11.4

We bow out, & Aso signs for $12.5 he made $1.1 because we dropped out.

So it depends on how you look at it.
Old 07-29-2011   #2648
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok here is what happened.

I was listening to radio and the guys here in SA had a guy in training camp and they mentioned that Stephen and Jerry Jones pulled Rob Ryan out of an active practice to talk to someone on the phone. After that Stephen jones got back on the phone and after a while got off and him and old man started fist bumping and shaking hands with Garett. Meanwhile, we hear Jets are out on update and then announcers say Jets are out and that means Dallas got him they are celebrating on air that Cowboys got Namdi and then boom Sc Update and whammo Eagles get Namdi.I got out of car before I heard it but I saw it flash on my phone as I walk into Chuck E. Cheese .

Dont believe the Dallas spin that they withdrew...Eagles flat out stole Namdi from them..Jerry and his spawn dont fist bump and clap hands if the Eagles got him...i would have killed to see Jerry's face when he realized he got done by a rival.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2649
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I love that Cowboys and Jets fans are crushed.
As a Cowboy fan I can honestly say I'm not crushed. the rush for the hours today were fun but a large majority on the Cowboy board and talking to fans the last few months thought we wouldn't get him. They thought JJ would stick with Jenkins, Scandrick and resign Newman. Aso was a bonus if it happened. In a thread Monday I put their chances at 0% because of needing to resign Free. From what I read Dallas was never even really a challenge and didn't care that they were a smoke screen. They didn't have near the cash. though I read this

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/07...43&feedID=3742

Quote:
Jerry Jones stood on the sideline watching the Dallas Cowboys practice Friday, anxious to find out if he'd struck free-agent gold and landed Nnamdi Asomugha.

The Cowboys made a strong pitch for this year's most coveted free agent and felt good about their chances. At one point, Jones and his son, vice president Stephen Jones, finished a phone call and shared a fist bump. Another time, they called defensive coordinator Rob Ryan to the sideline, handing him a phone so he could talk -- presumably to Asomugha, his former protege in Oakland.

But when practice ended, the Cowboys learned they didn't get their man. Worse still for them, Asomugha went to division rival Philadelphia.

Jones was doing a radio interview with the team's flagship station at the time, and had a feeling things didn't go his way. He said he would be disappointed if that was the case, although his response probably was a lot stronger once he found out for sure.

"We had an opportunity, we acted on it -- and, believe me, we firmly acted on it, `til my eyes watered," Jones told 105.3 The Fan.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 07-29-2011 at 08:47 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2650
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok lets see what Philadelphia have done so far.

1) Nnamdi Asomugha
2) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
3) Jason Babin
4) Johnnie Lee Higgins
5) Donald Lee
6) Vince Young
7) Hunter Pence ( I know )

I'm thriled with our offseason but looking at that list, I don't know what to say, the new Redskins maybe.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2651
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
Ok lets see what Philadelphia have done so far.

1) Nnamdi Asomugha
2) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
3) Jason Babin
4) Johnnie Lee Higgins
5) Donald Lee
6) Vince Young
7) Hunter Pence ( I know )

I'm thriled with our offseason but looking at that list, I don't know what to say, the new Redskins maybe.
I'd say more like the new Patriots. The Eagles have been one of the best teams every off season for years now as far as improving their team in the off season. I've been saying that for several years now. It's a reason why I'm always giving Reid props.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2652
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FWIW, Nnamdi signed with Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Oh without a doubt. But, I think i heard at some point several months ago he wanted to play for a perennial contender and wanted to play on the East Coast.
Anyone think Aso should be on the chalk board before each game saying he didn't think Texans were a winning team?
Old 07-29-2011   #2653
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd say more like the new Patriots. The Eagles have been one of the best teams every off season for years now as far as improving their team in the off season. I've been saying that for several years now. It's a reason why I'm always giving Reid props.
I'll bet the Eagles would be willing to make a trade to unload Asante Samuel now with aquiring both Nnamdi & Rodgers-Cromartie?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2654
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'll bet the Eagles would be willing to make a trade to unload Asante Samuel now with aquiring both Nnamdi & Rodgers-Cromartie?
I heard that they were not but I think they are just trying to put out that it's going to take a lot to get him and that they are not just going to give him up.

I can't see DRC or Asante thrilled at playing nickle, plus they are going to have to deal with the Desean jackson situation.
fiasco west is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2655
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Knowing we have a chance @ Fuller in April what would you give for Samuel? I think a late first would be worth it.
Old 07-29-2011   #2656
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I heard that they were not but I think they are just trying to put out that it's going to take a lot to get him and that they are not just going to give him up.

I can't see DRC or Asante thrilled at playing nickle, plus they are going to have to deal with the Desean jackson situation.
yes sir, that's the way I see it too. it will present an opportunity for some team to help their secondary as well.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 07-29-2011   #2657
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Knowing we have a chance @ Fuller in April what would you give for Samuel? I think a late first would be worth it.
Could you imagine the Texans going from Kareem Jackson & Brice McCain to Asante Samuel & Johnathan Joseph? Be still my beating heart still Andy Reed would extract some value in return like a package of Jacoby & Connor Barwin or worse yet a draft pick

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 07-29-2011   #2658
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see them trading Asante. Dude is a balled and makes more plays than aso does.

If they are going to trade someone it's going to be doc cromartie.

If it were me, I'd just ask one of them to play safety.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #2659
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The next step for the Eagles is LB. Especilly MLB. So is they move Samuel or DRC it will be for a name MLB. Something along the lines of Willis from the 49's or your guy one for one.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #2660
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If the niners give up Willis for Asante that would be stupid.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read