Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2011   #2621
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
They will sign someone.
Yeah, they will resign Cromartie.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2622
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FWIW, Nnamdi signed with Eagles

The Eagles add Asomugha, Young, DRC, Johnny Lee Higgins, Donald Lee, Jason Babin, and a 2nd round pick in last 72 hours.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2623
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lance Zierlein says Asante is gone with this signing. Dunno the Eagles situation but that's a lot of money to invest in the CB position.
Imagine if the Jets now swoop in for the released Asante Samuel?

Old 07-29-2011   #2624
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lance Zierlein says Asante is gone with this signing. Dunno the Eagles situation but that's a lot of money to invest in the CB position.
I have this scary feeling he goes back to the Patriots.......for a box of donuts and a photo of the superbowl trophy. AAAAAHHH!!!!
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2625
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We gotta find a way to trade for Asante, if he's not too expensive.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2626
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Nnamdi deal: 5 yrs, 60 million, 25m gtd.

Sheeeeeeet, that's cheap compared to what the Texans offered.
Do we know what the Texans offered? I'd love to find that out...

The $12million/year looks (relatively!) cheap to me, also. It's at the low end of all the numbers I heard being thrown around. It's also not all that much more than we ended up paying for Joseph ($9.75M/yr), and is less than what we're paying Joseph+Manning ($14.75M/yr). I wonder if Aso ended up losing money by waiting too long to decide...
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2627
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
The Eagles add Asomugha, Young, DRC, Johnny Lee Higgins, Donald Lee, Jason Babin, and a 2nd round pick in last 72 hours.
I've been out of the loop today on the Nnamdi news, but I am glad to hear that he didn't end up with the Jets.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011   #2628
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

The $12million/year looks (relatively!) cheap to me, also. It's at the low end of all the numbers I heard being thrown around. It's also not all that much more than we ended up paying for Joseph ($9.75M/yr), and is less than what we're paying Joseph+Manning ($14.75M/yr). I wonder if Aso ended up losing money by waiting too long to decide...
Reports were 12-15 million was being offered by the Texans, and the Jets were offering the same deal as Revis, which was 11.5 million a year. Reports only, but probably near the truth. I think it's safe to say we were offering closer to 14 million a year over 5 years.
Old 07-29-2011   #2629
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Aso's agent cost him some bucks. Oh, well.
Old 07-29-2011   #2630
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guarantee it was more than what he getting from Philly. It wasn't the money.
Old 07-29-2011   #2631
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can tell you with certainty that it was a real possibility and that the interest was mutual.

I just wonder at what point that talks broke down .... I doubt now , looking at 5 years $60m that is was just about the total amount but the fact that the Texans could strike a lesser deal with JJ and add Manning in the process.
As good as Aso is he only plays a single position. I think the Texans set their sites on a top level CB and S. They probably had Aso as the #1 and JJ as the #2 CB and Weddle as the #1 Safety and Manning as the #2.

So they started with Weddle and Aso. Weddle turned down their offer to stay there. So the Texans knew they had to move on Manning and Aso was taking his own sweet time. So for an extra 8.75 total (7.5 in guaranteed cash) they got the second best Safety and second best CB. Not a bad deal, especially considering Weddle signed for twice what we signed Manning for. Weddle isn't twice as good as Manning.

Old 07-29-2011   #2632
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76043 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently Jerry Jones thought that it was a done deal, and the Cowboys had him. He left the field during practice to do a radio interview right after handing out a few fist bumps, and the hosts asked him what he thought about Asomugha going to Philadelphia, not knowing Jerry didn't know the news yet
From GAF. If true LMFAO!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2633
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think Aso's agent cost him some bucks. Oh, well.
Oh without a doubt. But, I think i heard at some point several months ago he wanted to play for a perennial contender and wanted to play on the East Coast.

Old 07-29-2011   #2634
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

New Texans presser on now.
Old 07-29-2011   #2635
Doppelganger
None

Aso Cliff Lee'd the Jets and Cowboys.

Old 07-29-2011   #2636
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Absolutely he did .... When the Texans moved on and signed Joseph he lost considerable leverage.

Dont yet know what they offered Namdi .... but Im sure we'll find out eventually.

The guaranteed money seems low .... His agent didnt get him the best deal but he did get him with a contender.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2637
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
New Texans presser on now.
What is it?

Old 07-29-2011   #2638
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently Jerry Jones thought that it was a done deal, and the Cowboys had him. He left the field during practice to do a radio interview right after handing out a few fist bumps, and the hosts asked him what he thought about Asomugha going to Philadelphia, not knowing Jerry didn't know the news yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
From GAF. If true LMFAO!
I'd loved to be a fly on the wall and saw Skeletor's face. I bet a few wrinkles staightened up!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #2639
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
What is it?
J Jo & Dan'yell introduced themselves.

Nothing big/good/bad, just uninteresting.
Old 07-29-2011   #2640
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, I thought he would end up getting around $14 or 15 million per year. I'm guessing the Texans offered him more than $12 million so my guess would be that Nnamdi didn't have all that much interest in coming here. Make's Rick Smith's signing of Joseph even better.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read