Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2011   #2301
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
"We've got two hours for the Nnamdi Sweepstakes to finally come in with a winner"

Rich Eisen just now on NFL Network .... oh it would be nice if we only had to wait two hours
I've been watching NFLN, but I didn't hear that.......?
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2302
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Ditto Frog. That's the way I see it, verbatim (except for the spelling ).
Sorry, I'm drugged up from having an upper GI test at the hospital and still have some sleepy juice in me
Old 07-28-2011   #2303
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I've been thinking this for a few hours myself. The trickle of information regarding the Aso negotiations has come to a complete stop. His name wasn't even mentioned on the 2 minute drill news update on Sirius NFL recently, which surprised me.
I thought for sure they'd have some mention of him.
I agree 100% that the Jets would have put the news out on the street if they'd agreed to terms with him.
The Texans MO has always been to keep quite about transactions until they are official.
God, I hate setting myself up for disappointment, but I am actually more optimistic because of the lack of any recent news, instead of viewing it as a sign of bad news like others have said.
The rules are the same for all free agents. You can talk to and agree on terms, just can't consummate any deals unti Friday.

That goes for Jacoby Jones, Matt Lienart, Damien Lewis, & Rashard Butler.
Old 07-28-2011   #2304
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Do you happen to drive a three wheeled light blue car?
Sadly I miss the reference, hopefully that is down to culture and not my being a 'thick welsh c*nt'.

We mostly ride around on sheep in Wales btw.

We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2305
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The rules are the same for all free agents. You can talk to and agree on terms, just can't consummate any deals unti Friday.

That goes for Jacoby Jones, Matt Lienart, Damien Lewis, & Rashard Butler.
I thought you could re-sign your own already.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2306
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Two hours? Is he going to announce it live on TV or something?
No, NFL Total Access is 2 hours today. Eisen was saying that they'll have 2 hours to cover it.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2307
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasnt watching or listening to confirm(or deny) this but the wait might continue on. As the song said, the waiting is the hardest part. Anyhow,
La Canfora just said on NFL Network that Nnamdi is in no rush, and that he and Cromartie have the same agent. Again, cannot confirm or deny that.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2011   #2308
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Wasnt watching or listening to confirm(or deny) this but the wait might continue on. As the song said, the waiting is the hardest part. Anyhow,
La Canfora just said on NFL Network that Nnamdi is in no rush, and that he and Cromartie have the same agent. Again, cannot confirm or deny that.
That should end all the worrying about Cromartie signing anywhere else before Aso.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2309
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What outsiders don't realize is how badly they get dinged on property taxes for large homes............sometimes more than makes up for the "income tax discount."
shuuush, let that stay a secret till this is over.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2310
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I thought you could re-sign your own already.
You can meet with your own, but nobody signs till Friday.
Old 07-28-2011   #2311
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
No, NFL Total Access is 2 hours today. Eisen was saying that they'll have 2 hours to cover it.
Damn! The suspense is killing me. C'mon Nnamdi, make Texans fans a reason to be happy for once or just put us out of our misery. I don't care either way at this point! Just make up your mind!!!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2312
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
The state income tax (or lack thereof) should be enough to get him here! NY state taxes are cray cray!
an Eric Winston Retweet

Quote:
On hypothetical $52M, Asomugha would pay $19.6M in taxes w/Texans, $22.6M in taxes w/Jets & $23.1M in taxes w/49ers
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2313
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
haha I got called a 'thick welsh c*nt' by a Mr. Bean fan on the Jets forum
"My Flexible Friend!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDDJMdWAC8

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2314
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 115739 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Sorry, I'm drugged up from having an upper GI test at the hospital and still have some sleepy juice in me
Man, I feel for ya, frog. I've had 3 of those done and wouldn't wish themuponn anyone. They find anything?
Old 07-28-2011   #2315
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
If they sign somewhere together I'll be mad.
Old 07-28-2011   #2316
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If they sign somewhere together I'll be mad.
Unless it's in Houston!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2317
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamie Dukes is on and you shknow what that's like lishening to him shpeak about foobawl.
Old 07-28-2011   #2318
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Man, I feel for ya, frog. I've had 3 of those done and wouldn't wish themuponn anyone. They find anything?
I was so out of it I didn't feel a thing or remember a thing. Stomach, esophogus and duodenum(sp?) all look clear. They biopsied each to look for allergies, Celiac disease or H-Pylori. But glad everything looked good. thanks for asking bud. I wanted to keep getting water and Graham crackers and just sleep there.
Old 07-28-2011   #2319
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

JETS want an answer.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2320
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

In our favor there's got to be some hesitancy from moving California's Bay Area to New Jersey!
cland is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read