Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2011   #2061
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Dear football gods:

Please throw Houston's long-suffering, loyal fans of our local NFL team a frigging bone for once and let Andre Johnson's recruiting be convincing, guide Rick Smith to avoid being a ****ing arrogant prick turning off free agents like he has in the past and finally persuade the cheap ass bastard owner of the Texans to open his ****ing thick wallet for once and spend some God damned money and break the bank so that we can have our precious: Nnamdi Asomugha.

I want to be the annoying bastard pimping my Texans like I have in the past. My spirit broke when VY tore my heart out on Monday Night in 2009. Give me legit hope that we can field an average defense with Nnamdi which is all we need to make the playoffs. Please give Houston fans who have the worst collection of teams imaginable our first playoff team since ****ing 1994. THAT IS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO MOTHER****ERS. CLEVELAND FOR CHRIST'S SAKES HAS TASTED THE SWEET NECTAR OF THE PLAYOFFS WITHIN THE PAST 10 YEARS. HOUSTON IS MOTHER****ING DUE!!

that is probably the most positive post that I have seen for you type
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2062
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
And yet we are still here. What's that say about us?
It's a simple case of S&M

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2063
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well if it happens, I'm changing my signature to show I'm my own #1 fan
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2064
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Funny because if we don't get him, we get a stud anyway.

2011...lets get it! NA is #1 but #2/#3 look epic too.
Old 07-28-2011   #2065
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

@HowardIsANet: @NFLDraftInsider WFAN is reporting that #Asomugha is going to Jets HQ. Big news there"
Old 07-28-2011   #2066
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11150 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Went to lunch..Came back had 14 twitter updates..Thought the shit had gone down..

AAUUUUGGGH..
Old 07-28-2011   #2067
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Boogity, boogity, boogity AMEN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZnDt2wEFjk
Pastor Joe is that you?
Old 07-28-2011   #2068
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetonadonkey View Post
@HowardIsANet: @NFLDraftInsider WFAN is reporting that #Asomugha is going to Jets HQ. Big news there"
I thought teams can't meet with the FAs until friday?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2069
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I get your point, but the Astros made it 6 years ago....
And the Rockets repeated in '95.
Old 07-28-2011   #2070
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In what could be considered a set-up move to the big Nnamdi Asomugha signing, former Jets wide receiver Brad Smith(notes) has inked a four-year, $15 million contract with the Buffalo Bills, per a tweet from Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Is the race for Asomugha almost over?

However, here’s where things get interesting:

Shortly after Smith’s signing was announced, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York tweeted that according to a source, the Jets were holding back on re-signing Smith while they waited for Asomugha to make up his mind.

So now Smith is in New York and Asomugha…

Stay tuned.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._with_the_jets
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2071
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a violation of the rules right there.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2072
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's his 10th tweet, I'll wait for confirmation before reacting.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2073
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Fake. Can't meet til tomorrow.

EDIT: Plus, NFLDraftInsider has been in hot water for the last 24 hrs due to other people making a fake name that was kind of like his...

but hey, it happens, fake reports when it comes to FAs happen all the time.
Old 07-28-2011   #2074
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It could be a BS tweet. I guess if it's a violation of rules then it probably is BS. I just copied and pasted what I read. My apologies for an inaccuracies. It is the interwebs after all.
Old 07-28-2011   #2075
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds more like a hope and a wish from another media type.

For Smith he sees he's way down on the Jets priority, even if they don't get Nnamdi the Jets will still go for Edwards and another CB. That's a good deal for a role player.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2076
Astew10112
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Astew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respectedAstew10112 is a quality contributor and well respected

Astew10112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2077
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

On hypothetical $52M, Asomugha would pay $19.6M in taxes w/Texans, $22.6M in taxes w/Jets & $23.1M in taxes w/49ers

- Darren Rovell
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2078
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not funny...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2079
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Indeed, he cannot be there till 6p tomorrow.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2080
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
On hypothetical $52M, Asomugha would pay $19.6M in taxes w/Texans, $22.6M in taxes w/Jets & $23.1M in taxes w/49ers

- Darren Rovell
That's per year. So in essence a savings of 3 mill per year over Jets, and 4 mill a year over SF. So figure a 4-5 year contract and you have a total savings of about 12-15 mill over the Jets and 16-20 mill saved over the 49ers.

That aint chump change. Then again, most athletes don't do their own taxes or pay any of their own expenses, so they don't see this value.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read