Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster has no plans to holdout

Quote:
Arian Foster was the league’s most productive running back last year and is set to make only $480,000 in 2011. A lot of players in a similar situation would seek more money immediately, but Foster will be patient.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle wrote in a chat this week that Foster says he’ll report to camp instead of holding out a new deal. Even though his coach Gary Kubiak heartily endorsed Foster as a top-100 NFL player, the third-year player is fine with proving himself again before getting his reward.

Since Foster was an undrafted free agent, he’ll be a restricted free agent in 2012. That’s when he should get paid.
Directly from the CHAT:

Quote:
12:24 John McClain: Foster says he'll report instead of holding out trying to get a new deal. They want him to do it again. Then he'll get a new deal. Leach won't be a holdout. He'll get the offer he wants from another team or re-sign with the Texans. I don't look holdouts to be a problem. They usually get their guys signed on time.
Wednesday June 8, 2011 12:24 John McClain
VIEW THE ENTIRE CHAT-has some interesting thoughts
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster has no plans to holdout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yep #1 running back in the NFL needs to prove he can run the ball. He did pretty good the end of his first season also. Give him half the eason and then lock him up for 5 years & do not let him into free agency.
Old 06-12-2011   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yep #1 running back in the NFL needs to prove he can run the ball. He did pretty good the end of his first season also. Give him half the eason and then lock him up for 5 years & do not let him into free agency.
Midseason contract extensions have too much bad ju-ju for me. I'd like to go ahead and extend him now if financially possible.
Old 06-12-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Midseason contract extensions have too much bad ju-ju for me. I'd like to go ahead and extend him now if financially possible.
Oh I agree 1000% & it is possible.
Old 06-12-2011   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

No one (and by no one, I mean John McClain) know what the lanscape of NFL salaries will look like prior to the next CBA. Foster could be looking at large performance bonuses from a bonus pool. With a rookie wage scale, vets should see additional $$$ coming their way. What $$$ Foster plays for in 2011 is still up in the air.
Old 06-13-2011   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Pay the man Rick!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #7
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

What camp?
Old 06-14-2011   #8
czarleon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 czarleon could be on the next Madden coverczarleon could be on the next Madden coverczarleon could be on the next Madden coverczarleon could be on the next Madden coverczarleon could be on the next Madden coverczarleon could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
What camp?
That was my first thought
czarleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

$480,000 for a guy who ran for 1600 yards last year? I wouldn't blame him for holding out. The Texans need to give him some incentive to play hard, like an extension that pays him what he's worth. I would think 4 million a year for the next 2 years is reasonable to start, but if they don't re-sign Vonta, then there's not much point in throwing money at him.
Old 06-14-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

I thought Casey among his other 19 positions could play full back? We don't needa Leach. lol
Old 06-22-2011   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster had the most yards of any running back in the NFL last year, but he wasn't the top running back on the NFL Network's Top 100 list, voted on by the players. Foster finished 25th overall and according to HoustonTexans.com's Nick Scurfield, he is only the third ranked running back.
http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-...l-top-100-list
&&&
McNair really isn't going to grant this guy a pay raise before the 2011 season starts ? Really ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

They can't even talk right now.
Old 06-22-2011   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm guessing that McNair might be gun-shy on that given the teams RB history of 1-yr wonders.
Old 06-22-2011   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I appreciate loyalty and all that, especially toward "my" team, but he outta hold out like crazy as soon as this stupid lock out is over, LOL.

Frankly, it's kinda stupid not too. I know he's a big RB and knows how to save himself somewhat with his running style, but the next guy (or 3) still hits you and injuries happen. I'm not saying these guys should keep getting paid for years after they can't play anymore; I'm saying demand your money while you still can play. Don't give us All-Pro years for a dollar a freaking yard. That's just what most employers want is the best of professionalism for pennies & peanuts. I bet old Bob'll feel real sorry for him when he suffers some career-ending injury the second to last game of this oncoming (or not) season. Get your money now, and if you don't have an agent, get one; maybe he'll talk some sense into ya.

My God, it's a rushing title winning RB playing for FUTURE money. Screw that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm guessing that McNair might be gun-shy on that given the teams RB history of 1-yr wonders.
OK, I'm someone who's fond of saying that "backs are a dime a dozen", but I'll make an exception with young Arian. And i don't think he's an offensive MVP for the texans either, because there's atleast a couple guys on the offense who are more valuable than Arian. But he had a helluva year, and it's gonna be a long-time before anyone bests that rushing mark.
Nevertheless, next month after we've got a new CBA in place, I'll bet you Mcnair doesn't offer Foster a new deal. Hell, atleast just give the kid a one-time bonus for his record setting 2010-season.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #16
Raf
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Raf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster is a very smart individual. Got to a meeting late and is rather blunt...but far from stupid. Earning your contract through performance is the way to go. A.J. is a sign of that with the Texans. Foster is cognizant of this.
Raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Lol. We have never had a one year wonder who led the league in rushing. Or even remotely close to it. Domanick Davis-Wlliams was also far from a one-year wonder. He was the real deal... injury got him.
Old 06-22-2011   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol. We have never had a one year wonder who led the league in rushing. Or even remotely close to it. Domanick Davis-Wlliams was also far from a one-year wonder. He was the real deal... injury got him.
Well, from the FO point-of-view, we've had how many team-leading rushers in our existence? (DD was 9th p/g in '05, Slaton was 6th overall and 9th p/g in '08)

DD got a big deal and it didn't work out, that may be all that McNair has to remember.

I think Arian is all that AND a bag of chips, but I'm not the guy cutting the checks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read