Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-10-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RIP Godfrey Miles

Man, it seems like we are losing alot of young ones this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6649245

Quote:
Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Godfrey Myles died Thursday from complications of a heart attack, according to the University of Florida. He was 42.
Myles' cousin, Donald Holley, said he suffered a heart attack Wednesday in Miami.

Myles, a third-round pick from Florida, played six seasons with the Cowboys, winning three Super Bowl titles. Myles, a backup linebacker, started 11 games during the 1995 season. He suffered a torn ACL in the Cowboys' Super Bowl XXX victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

His NFL career ended the next season.

At Florida, Myles was a team captain and first-team All-SEC pick as a senior in 1990.
Old 06-11-2011   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RIP Godfrey Miles

Sad story at any age. But sadder at age 42.

The Dallas Morning News makes a tribute to his fallen warrior.

Photos: A look back at the Cowboys career of Godfrey Myles
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sad story at any age. But sadder at age 42.

The Dallas Morning News makes a tribute to his fallen warrior.

Photos: A look back at the Cowboys career of Godfrey Myles
That first picture wasn't too pleasant.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That first picture wasn't too pleasant.

I was wondering if anyone else had that feeling.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I was wondering if anyone else had that feeling.
I would be a liar if I said I didn't miss that uniform and those days. I grew up an Oilers fans and every once in a while when I see a picture like that it brings me back. I loved Haywood too.

At quick glance you might think that was a positive play for the Cowboys however that was probably a clutch grab for good yardage.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP, Godfrey Miles. Man, I hate to see these things.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read