Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2011   #21
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst moments in Texans franchise history

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I was thinking the red hot poker was stuck into the urethra of the penis, actually. That's what this thread feels like.

LOL.
NO, that would be more pleasant, at least that pain you know, as bad as it would be, would have an end.

For we Texans fans, we can only HOPE the burning stops soon. Yet year after year... Hopefully this is the year (if it happens) when our pain ends. Even if its minor relief.

I cant really decide what the "worst is" but I would have to say, the Dallas and Jacksonville loss last season. Just because the wounds are still there, they haven't healed to turn into scars yet.
Old 06-12-2011   #22
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

My friends that root for other teams tell me that the Texans make me sound like a battered housewife with an alcoholic, abusive husband.

"I swear...he's changed, it's not going to be like last year."

These lists are miserable. All the Sundays I wasted...
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The loss to the Atlanta Falcons after going 2-1 and losing a close one to the Colts.

The ass-whooping the Jaguars laid on us in the 4th quarter 2 weeks later.

The opening day ass-whoopings against the Jets and Steelers.

VY beating us on the last play in OT in 2006.

Letting Garrard beat us with his legs in 2008.

The interception for a loss against the Ravens in OT last year.

The beat-down the Vikings gave us.

Oh, the list goes on.

and Kareem Jackson Falls down...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

1,125.) Did anybody list Ron Dayne ending Charles Spencer's career? Edit: No, not listed until now.

1,126.) The Tony Boselli and Bennie Joppru sagas. Lesson: Never trust the Texans' status reports.

1,127.) Ahman Green and Eric Moulds signings. LOL.

1,128.) The loss to the Rams, at Reliant, when the 3rd String QB beat us in OT (IIRC). Ouch.

1,129.) Beating the Steelers on nothing but defensive points because Carr stunk so badly.

This is rather cathartic, actually. It's like going to confession. Or an AA meeting or something.
Old 06-12-2011   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be a much simpler task to name the best moments in the Texans franchise history.
Old 06-12-2011   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It would be a much simpler task to name the best moments in the Texans franchise history.
Both times we beat the Colts.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the best moments came early in the franchise's history, when I naively believed in Carr, Casserly, Capers, and good ol' Boss McNair. Also, Kubiak's 2nd season in 2007 made me full of hope. I began to seriously question Kubiak for the 1st time in the early part of 2008 (It was Ike's fault!). I lost faith in the Rosencopter game.
Old 06-12-2011   #28
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Quote:
1,129.) Beating the Steelers on nothing but defensive points because Carr stunk so badly.
That's one of the good moments - I would hope to see a similar performance from the Defense when we play the Steelers this year (if this is a season)
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #29
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2011 lockout
Old 06-12-2011   #30
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First game ever, beating the cowboys........ I loved it and couldnt stop in front of cowboys fans.
Old 06-12-2011   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering our first four years we only had like 15 wins I would say the capers era was just forgotten time and that's pretty sad. And the kubes era is the ultimate ups and downs team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The dagger-in-the-heart VY run is the top of my worst list.

And, unfortunately, all the moments mentioned above are etched into my brain.

It would definitely be easier to list our highlights: 19-10 and two wins over the Colts...and from my own perspective, AJ beating down Finnegin in our crib.
Old 06-13-2011   #33
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chris Brown fumble at the goal line vs the Jags pissed me off. It made me mad that we lost, but it also pissed me off because I dropped 3 bills just to go to that game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #34
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

LAST YEAR'S LOSS to the COWGIRLS...and my being there to WITNESS IT!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans/Steelers September 2005 game.........1 P.M............110 degrees........95 % humidity........no wind..........no clouds...........Steelers wearing BLACK..........Reliant roof open for "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE".............Steelers BASKING in the sun...............Texans and Texans fans BAKING in the sun................and dropping like flies...............Steelers 27 / Texans 7!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 was the first personel move ever .... Taking a guy in Boselli who would never play a down for the team in the expansion draft.

#2 Drafting HHWNBM over Julius Peppers .....

They started bad and havent gotten a whole lot better ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #37
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
#1 was the first personel move ever .... Taking a guy in Boselli who would never play a down for the team in the expansion draft.

#2 Drafting HHWNBM over Julius Peppers .....

They started bad and havent gotten a whole lot better ....

Remember we were able to get Seth Payne and Gary Walker out of that deal. I think because we had a deal with Jacksonville, iirc. But spot on with #2. Heck I think Dwight Freeney was in that draft. I would have taken him #1 overall instead of who we drafted.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #38
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Remember we were able to get Seth Payne and Gary Walker out of that deal. I think because we had a deal with Jacksonville, iirc. But spot on with #2. Heck I think Dwight Freeney was in that draft. I would have taken him #1 overall instead of who we drafted.
You are correct ..... but what did it get us ? Im sure they could have done better , in hindsight.

I'd take a liquored up kicker over the guy we drafted.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst?? Worst moments?? That's easy! What's harder is thinkning of "Best" moments in Texans history... We have our inaugural game v. the Cowgurls - 19-10. We have our Christmas present of beating the Dolts...... Other than that I can only rank "WORST" times in Texans history! (Which are many)!!!

#SadButTrue!
Old 06-14-2011   #40
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You are correct ..... but what did it get us ? Im sure they could have done better , in hindsight.

I'd take a liquored up kicker over the guy we drafted.

True, I wish we would have done a lot more things different to start out.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read