Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst moments in Texans franchise history

Pft:

Quote:
as a fan, would you rather experience a lot of pain or follow a vanilla franchise?

Texans fans would gladly sign up for a crushing playoff defeat at this point.

Call it the icarus principle. We’ve learned during our pft live series on the worst moments for every franchise since the ’87 strike that the closer a team flies to the sun, the more likely it is to get burned.

The houston texans remain unable to get off the ground. Their worst moments in franchise history includes a surprising lack of kris brown (in the top four) and can be seen below.

video
Pass me the Pepcid.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Worst moments in Texans franchise history

I guess as a Texan fan, I'm inherently a masochist... I clicked the link
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 06-10-2011   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

the rams game at reliant in 05 was a pretty low point for me.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #5
FuriousGravy
Rookie

I have a couple:

And this one, more recent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkuT86EEByo
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #6
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting your arse kicked by a winless dullas team.

But one of our Texan players soothed the pain / embarassment by reminding us that it was, after all, "just another game."

Old 06-10-2011   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The SD/Jacksonville/Jets run last year.

Rosencopter

Kris' Misses

First down HB Pass

Jameel Cook's fumble

Shellacking in SD in, I think, 2007.

Lee Evans Explosion + Peerless Price w/ 13 sec left

Rob Bironas' 8 FGs

Stuffed on the goaline three times against AZ

2009 blown lead against Indy

Pac-Man's Punt Return

All of 2005

B2B shellackings against Denver and Indy in 2004

.....etc
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2011   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Rosencopter

Kris' Misses

First down HB Pass

Jameel Cook's fumble

Rob Bironas' 8 FGs

Pac-Man's Punt Return

All of 2005

.....etc
Damn, man. That is a great list. Sad, but yet accurate and sobering.

I'm going to go drink some antifreeze now.
Old 06-11-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Rosencopter

Kris' Misses

First down HB Pass

Jameel Cook's fumble

Rob Bironas' 8 FGs

Pac-Man's Punt Return

All of 2005

.....etc
The loss to the Atlanta Falcons after going 2-1 and losing a close one to the Colts.

The ass-whooping the Jaguars laid on us in the 4th quarter 2 weeks later.

The opening day ass-whoopings against the Jets and Steelers.

VY beating us on the last play in OT in 2006.

Letting Garrard beat us with his legs in 2008.

The interception for a loss against the Ravens in OT last year.

The beat-down the Vikings gave us.

Oh, the list goes on.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The loss to the Atlanta Falcons after going 2-1 and losing a close one to the Colts.

The ass-whooping the Jaguars laid on us in the 4th quarter 2 weeks later.

The opening day ass-whoopings against the Jets and Steelers.

VY beating us on the last play in OT in 2006.

Letting Garrard beat us with his legs in 2008.

The interception for a loss against the Ravens in OT last year.

The beat-down the Vikings gave us.

Oh, the list goes on.

(sigh)

You guys are freaking killing me here.

What sick bastard comes along and posts MORE than the guy before?

I had rationalized that TheMatrix's list was all there was to be seen. Then you have to go and add to it.

Anybody else want to chime in and add on some more bad moments in Texans history? Geezus.
Old 06-11-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

And why in the hell is CND starting this thread in the first place?

No rep. In fact, I'm instituting a Rep Lockout effectively immediately.
Old 06-11-2011   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The impromptu press conference McNair gave on the practice field the week following the OT loss to the Ravens. Where he talks about the other owners consoling him and saying how close the Texans are. "We're on the right track." I don't know if it is a lie in an attempt to keep the fans in tow, or if McNair really believes this horsecrap. Either way, it made me sick to my stomach.
Old 06-11-2011   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the most painful lists I've ever had to write, LOL. Talk about masochistic.

Talk about "smh"
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

In hindsight...

With the 1st pick of the 2002 NFL draft the Houston Texans select...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And why in the hell is CND starting this thread in the first place?

No rep. In fact, I'm instituting a Rep Lockout effectively immediately.
I started this thread remembering something someone once told to me long time ago when I was always going back to this one terrible and traumatic relationship. She gave me the answer to "Why?" She said "You're choosing to stick a red hot poker up your ass...........because it feels s-o-o-o-o good when you finally take it out!"

The problem here so far is the poker seems to have gotten stuck and it won't come out!
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2005 Steelers game was a true highlight of this organization for me.

Capers insisted that the roof be open and made the Steelers wear black in 100 degree heat. This must have pissed the Steelers off pretty bad as they blew out ou home town kids.

Meanwhile makeup was literally cooking on Houston finest beauties face. By the 4th qtr the women that hadn't passed out from heat exhaustion looked like they were wearing camoflogue. (SP?)

It wasn't a pretty sight. It lead to the current ridiculous 50/80 roof open/closed rules. Once again Billionaire Bobby saw a problem and typically overreacted.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Damn, man. That is a great list. Sad, but yet accurate and sobering.

I'm going to go drink some antifreeze now.
GP, would that be on the rocks?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2325442
Old 06-11-2011   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The impromptu press conference McNair gave on the practice field the week following the OT loss to the Ravens. Where he talks about the other owners consoling him and saying how close the Texans are. "We're on the right track." I don't know if it is a lie in an attempt to keep the fans in tow, or if McNair really believes this horsecrap. Either way, it made me sick to my stomach.
Sums it up in a nut shell. When you see your happy go lucky owner fielding an embarrassment of a team for the 9th year in a row and he says we're on the right track, you realize that winning isn't something he's committed to and that he may be another Al Davis/Mike Brown type of owner but just in different ways.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I started this thread remembering something someone once told to me long time ago when I was always going back to this one terrible and traumatic relationship. She gave me the answer to "Why?" She said "You're choosing to stick a red hot poker up your ass...........because it feels s-o-o-o-o good when you finally take it out!"

The problem here so far is the poker seems to have gotten stuck and it won't come out!
I was thinking the red hot poker was stuck into the urethra of the penis, actually. That's what this thread feels like.

LOL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read