Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-19-2005   #1
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default Who we will not be picking.

I'm going to probably lose all credibility on these boards for saying this, but here go's. This is a list of people we will not be drafting. ( i dont mean the qb's, but out of all the ppl we are rumored to be interested in, this is a list of who we wont pick.

1. Alex Barron- CC knows better than to do this.

2. Antrel Rolle- He will go higher than when we pick, and we will not trade up for him.

3. David Baas- He won't be around in the second, and not pulling a babin for him.

4. Mike Williams- Sorry to break any hearts but not happening.

5. Cadillac Williams- Shocking? Maybe. Too much of what we already have.

6. Braylon Edwards- We have bigger chances of getting him than BMW, but still not happening.

7. Marcus Spears- For some reason i just don't see him donning a Texans uni come saturday.

8. Carlos Rogers- Contradictory to reports, we won't get him.

9. Erasmus James- Nope.

9a. Dan Cody- I just don't think we are interested in him.

10. Derrick Johnson- I know, I know i hate to see this happen, and although i want him drafted, it wont happen. Tough Break.

10a. Khalif Barnes- I dont think we will get him, CC knows that to go with o-line in 3rd round.

Now those are the people we probably won't get in the 1rst round. This leaves Demarcus Ware, David Pollack, Cedric Benson, Troy Williamson, Pac-Man Jones. Im telling you guys, it's going to be one of them. Pollack probably one of the least likliest out of them.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The only two concensus first rounders that I think we will certainly not be taking are Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith...You can't rule anybody out at this point...
Old 04-19-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

You left the door open for Merriman!! YESSSS!
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #4
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I didn't really know what to do with merriman, so i left him off the probable pick list, and unprobable, hoping someone wouldnt notice. lol.
Old 04-19-2005   #5
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Hey vinny, can i get a sticky on this post? if you do, thanks man. Just so this thread will be proof after the draft.
Old 04-19-2005   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
6. Braylon Edwards- We have bigger chances of getting him than BMW, but still not happening.
Yeah, we should sticky this prediction. Nobody is projecting Williams to go before Edwards at this point. Some teams are even reported to have him as the third WR on their board. Multiple teams are talking about moving up to get Edwards.
Old 04-20-2005   #7
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i think benson may fall to us, and that will be too tempting to pass on, he would be perfect in the zone blocking scheme. and DD can be the change of pace, reciving back.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i seriously dubt benson falls to us, i see us taking alex barron at #13. I mean, really do you think Benson can do much more damage than D.D if our o-line plays the same way they did the first half of last season ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

...and a guy who is just an average run blocker will improve our run blocking?
Old 04-20-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

isnt average ? did you watch any of the FSU games last season or the season before. The boy has talent.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #11
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Reread my post, I said he was an average run blocker, not a below average player, and yes I did watch one full FSU game last season and portions of others...He looked good in pass protection and looked good when he would pull, but when asked to hold his own in run blocking, the DE would brush and get to the RB...
Old 04-20-2005   #12
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
isnt average ? did you watch any of the FSU games last season or the season before. The boy has talent.
If Barron couldnt dominate college DE's in run blocking, what makes you think he will do anything but get owned in the pros?
Old 04-20-2005   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

After getting PB it looks like you can add Pac Man, Miller, Jackson, and Rodgers to that list.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“Are you going to acquire a player as talented as Phillip Buchanon in the second round of the draft?” Casserly asked. “The answer is no.”

And now Casserly will have to slightly amend his plans for Saturday. But he doesn’t mind.

“I guess I have to add something to what I said before today,” Casserly said. “We’re going to take any position in the first round except quarterback…and now cornerback.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1633

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i seriously dubt benson falls to us, i see us taking alex barron at #13. I mean, really do you think Benson can do much more damage than D.D if our o-line plays the same way they did the first half of last season ?
Yes, I do expect Benson to do more damage than DD and that is not a knock on DD. CB is more of a bruising runner between the tackles and DD is more of a slasher & around the end. With both available, we would likely see a very interesting game plan and the recievers should be very excited with having even more attention taken from them to the RB.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #16
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Well i made all those predictions before the PB trade, it could be all messed up now.
Old 04-21-2005   #17
DavidCarr08

[SIZE=2]Cedric Benson!!!!![/size] :woot
He is one of the best picks in this draft

Last edited by DavidCarr08; 04-21-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2005   #18
outofhnd
All Pro

Benson is NOT a NEED
Pass rushing is a NEED

Thats why I hope and pray its Demarcus Ware. this way we have a 3 OLB shuffle and you wont know where the rush is coming from.
Old 04-21-2005   #19
barzilla
Veteran

Quote:
Benson is NOT a NEED
I agree with this. DD is a good running back. He isn't a great running back, but he is better than about half of the running backs starting in the league. All this being said, I would think this is the last time we will pick in the top half of the draft in a while. We have an opportunity to get an impact players somewhere.

Personally, I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I know I may get flogged for this, but baseball is my favorite sport, so I pay a lot more attention to it than football. I do know what I think our weaknesses are, but I also tend to think along the lines of "best athlete available". Basically, I'm saying that I'm not a draftnik, so I don't know if Benson is the best athlete available that might reach that spot. I don't know if Troy Williamson will be better than Mark Clayton or Mike Williams. I also don't know if the plethora of defensive linemen and OLB will be impact players.

I know that CC has made good moves for the most part, so I think he knows which one of these players will likely be better. I would just hate to see this team pick a player to fill a need if there is a better player on the board.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Benson is NOT a NEED
Pass rushing is a NEED
Since when do we reach for NEED in the top of the draft?

That said, I like Ware. Either of them would be a fine pick I think.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read