Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who is Jarvis Green?

I just came across him (source: http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/06-07-11-10-18-the-football-foodie-houston-texans-jarvis-green-on-loving-wine-and-fighting-gordon-ramsey) as a DE for the Houston Texans. He IS on the roster. It seems that he was signed Dec. 16, 2010. I guess it might have been in response to Mario's absence. Don't remember hearing about this at all at the time or since. Was it a sign that could not be released because of the lockout........or what?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who is Jarvis Green?

I noticed him on roster a few days ago but knew nothing of him. He is a 9 year vet but I can't place him and to lazy to google.
Old 06-07-2011   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have yet to figure out this signing.
When the Texans signed him to take Mario's place on the roster, I found this (among others):

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15993317
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

He used to be a backup DE for NE a season or two ago and that is how I heard of him.
Old 06-08-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok. So, Texans are gambling he is not as bad as he showed Denver? We get him for a small salary & he gets chance to regroup and convince coaches he can play, if we have a season that is. Course, we probably cut him when we use his money to sign Asomugha
Old 06-08-2011   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans signed him for a body when Mario went to the IR. I wouldn't look to much into it.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
The Texans signed him for a body when Mario went to the IR. I wouldn't look to much into it.
The best thing about him is that he extensive experience in the 3-4, so sticking around as a back-up is not out of the question.
Old 06-09-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The best thing about him is that he extensive experience in the 3-4, so sticking around as a back-up is not out of the question.
Especially if he is as cheap as info states.
Old 06-09-2011   #9
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a guy who super power ranger morphs with ben ellis into

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BenJarvus_Green-Ellis
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Especially if he is as cheap as info states.
What does he earn?
Old 06-09-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

From Rotoworld:

Free agent DE Jarvis Green is mulling retirement.

Quote:
Green, 32 years old, did not appear in an NFL game last season, but did work out for a number of teams before signing with the Texans in mid-December. He's staying in shape, but says he's ready to move on if no one comes calling. Considering how hard it was for him to find a job last year, his playing days are likely over. Mar 20, 10:07 AMSource: Boston Herald
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read