Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default ouch

13. Houston: Betsy Ross, flag designer, Continental Congress. Incredibly, no NFL team wears red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, the single-most successful color scheme in world history. The Texans are closest to these colors, and should switch.

Not nice..

The Link
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I hate Easterbrook.
Always calls us the moo-moo's.

Last edited by TEXANS84; 04-19-2005 at 02:52 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats not near as bad as most of the others. Its a spoof piece. The sarcasm gene is needed for this one.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #4
canadiantexan
Veteran

Nothing to get all worked up about. He does the same "mock" mock every year, your supposedto laugh about it no need to get upset unless we really do draft her.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #5
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

If we do draft her, word is that she won't sign. On the count of being dead for like 200 years.
His picture look like to was taken during the 70s.
Old 04-20-2005   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans draft in the 1st round

Quote:
13. Houston: Betsy Ross, flag designer, Continental Congress. Incredibly, no NFL team wears red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, the single-most successful color scheme in world history. The Texans are closest to these colors, and should switch.
http://nfl.com/news/story/8397518

At least we aren't the Titans,with Jack Daniels on their draft board :woot
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #7
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

Not nice..

The Link
Arn't the patriots pretty close to the flag? I like your uniform, why do you want to change? The lions are trying out some stupid black jersey this year for 2 games I think. Some times I think someone has to much time on there hands and tinkers with an already proven system. Good luck in the up comming draft and season! Go Lions!!
Barryfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2005   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

must be nice to get paid to write almost total garbage. The only funny thing that column ever produced was last years joke about the benglas

The Bengals signed T.J Houshmanzadeh sticking to their promise to sign Big Name players this offseason.
Old 04-21-2005   #9
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Nothing to get all worked up about. He does the same "mock" mock every year, your supposedto laugh about it no need to get upset unless we really do draft her.
Never have I laughed less at something I was supposed to laugh at.

I realize his attempt...it was just a lame attempt.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #10
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

6. Tennessee: Jack Daniels, distiller. Considering all the Titans stars discarded for salary-cap reasons, fans will need whisky to get through the 2005 season.

21. Jacksonville: Paul McCartney, bass guitar, Wings. Unable to fill Alltel Stadium, the Jags will cover nearly 10,000 seats in 2005, so that games will sell out and be seen on local television. Why not just have McCartney perform every halftime? That packed 'em in for the last football game in Jacksonville.

29. Indianapolis: You have the league's highest-scoring offense, you're trailing in the second half in the playoffs, you've got fourth-and-1 in New England territory, your whole season has been about beating the Patriots in New England, you cannot, you absolutely cannot in a million years be sending in the punter! I'm sorry, but when I hear the word "Indianapolis," this is all I can think about.

I think we got off light compared to the other teams in our division.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #11
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

That was interesting. Thanks for posting the link. I had seen part of this on another site but it had no link. His theory on not making a pick as a way to move down in the draft and thus getting a "cheaper" player makes sense on one level.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read