Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carlos Rogers?

Texans | Could show interest in Carlos Rogers
Sat, 04 Jun 2011 12:32:20 -0700

The Houston Texans may show interest in Washington Redskins impending free-agent CB Carlos Rogers if they are not able to sign Oakland Raiders impending free-agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1OMkt6ZgL

I like that. Rogers isn't shut down but he's a veteran and has been a pretty decent CB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carlos Rogers?

he's mediocre and has terrible hands, even for a CB. i know if he signed here it would be cause we over paid. i rather over pay for a jonathan joseph.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
he's mediocre and has terrible hands, even for a CB. i know if he signed here it would be cause we over paid. i rather over pay for a jonathan joseph.
I agree too. I'm just glad to see we are thinking of CBs.
Old 06-04-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take him in a heart beat. He's a good corner. The knock on him has been that he's consistently in good position but has terrible hands.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd take him in a heart beat. He's a good corner. The knock on him has been that he's consistently in good position but has terrible hands.
Last year, if we had any of our DBs in position to just knock the ball down, we would've been in the playoffs.
Old 06-04-2011   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I almost started a thread on Rogers a couple weeks back when i found out he was a FA. I love to sign him, sure he has bad hands, but the next best thing to INT's is a Pass Defensed, and it beats the hell out of a completion.

DB's are paid to prevent completions not catch the ball, INT's are just icing on the cake.

He is my second choice is Aso wants too much or tells us to take a hike.
Old 06-04-2011   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Texans | Could show interest in Carlos Rogers

The Houston Texans may show interest in Washington Redskins impending free-agent CB Carlos Rogers if they are not able to sign Oakland Raiders impending free-agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1OMkt6ZgL

I like that. Rogers isn't shut down but he's a veteran and has been a pretty decent CB.
Certainly just speculation. This is the original source:

Quote:
Rivers McCown from Houston writes: Assuming that the Texans miss out on [Nnamdi] Asomugha because, well, they're the Texans, is signing someone like Carlos Rogers or Ike Taylor along with a safety such as Gerald Sensabaugh enough in your mind to get the Texans defense to average?

Paul Kuharsky: I like the idea of Rogers or Taylor. But Sensabaugh is no big solution. Jaguars have all kind of safety issues and they dropped him a couple years back. Add one of those corners and find a safety and they could be on their way to average.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2011   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans | Could show interest in Random Veteran Cornerback

The Houston Texans may show interest in Random Team's impending free-agent CB Random Corner if they are not able to sign Oakland Raiders impending free-agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would someone take the time to write such a baseless (besides the fact that we need help in the secondary) report?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes sense. The Redskins upgrade at corner with Nnamdi and the Texans take their leftovers.

Win at something, McNair. Even if it's the "Offseason Championship". The NFL should give out a trophy and call it the "Danny". Signing Asomugha would indicate that the Texans are "on the right track". Losing in overtime to the Ravens? Not so much.
Old 06-05-2011   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I almost started a thread on Rogers a couple weeks back when i found out he was a FA. I love to sign him, sure he has bad hands, but the next best thing to INT's is a Pass Defensed, and it beats the hell out of a completion.

DB's are paid to prevent completions not catch the ball, INT's are just icing on the cake.

He is my second choice is Aso wants too much or tells us to take a hike.
There is no such amount that would be too much for him.
Old 06-05-2011   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

asomugha will sign for around $15M a year....probably a 5 year deal.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The big dream is to land Aso. It's not likely to happen.

Guys like Carlos Rogers will be more Bob McNair's speed.

I've seen the guy play, and I agree that he doesn't have the best hands. But hell, if he can stay with his man and cover him he's an upgrade. Basically, any of the top four or five free agent CBs would be an upgrade over what we have.
Old 06-06-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans oughtta rev the PR machine up for something worthy for once. Go after him. Bang the ****ing door DOWN. Saying you're interested in Rogers "if" (when) they don't get NA is bullshit.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a big Rogers fan. I want to see how KJ and Harris do under the new coaches if we can not get Nnamdi.
Old 06-06-2011   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm not a big Rogers fan. I want to see how KJ and Harris do under the new coaches if we can not get Nnamdi.
We need to get one of the higher ranking FA CBs. Nnamdi is obviously the top choice. If we can't get him, Joseph or Taylor, then Rogers starts to be in the discussion along with a few of the other lower tier CBs who are still probably a step up from what we had last year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We need to get one of the higher ranking FA CBs. Nnamdi is obviously the top choice. If we can't get him, Joseph or Taylor, then Rogers starts to be in the discussion along with a few of the other lower tier CBs who are still probably a step up from what we had last year.
I just don't see Joseph being available under a new CBA. Of course if I believe a rookie or one year guy may be equal of Rogers, I probably would not go after that FA.
Old 06-06-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I just don't see Joseph being available under a new CBA. Of course if I believe a rookie or one year guy may be equal of Rogers, I probably would not go after that FA.
Doesn't matter if Joseph is or is not available. If he is, great. If he's not, we move on.

But I find it hard to believe that there isn't some FA CB out there that isn't an improvement over what we have. Whether it's Rogers or not is irrelevant. We were so bad that there has to be lots of someones who should be able to improve us.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Doesn't matter if Joseph is or is not available. If he is, great. If he's not, we move on.

But I find it hard to believe that there isn't some FA CB out there that isn't an improvement over what we have. Whether it's Rogers or not is irrelevant. We were so bad that there has to be lots of someones who should be able to improve us.
THIS^^

There aren't too many players who'll be available that won't be a upgrade over what we currently have. I'm not getting too involved in the N.A. pipe dream, because that's all it is.....a pipe dream.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #20
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
THIS^^

There aren't too many players who'll be available that won't be a upgrade over what we currently have. I'm not getting too involved in the N.A. pipe dream, because that's all it is.....a pipe dream.
As I have pointed out before, hope leads to disappointment. It's a recurring theme with the Texans. I doubt Asomugha will sign with the Texans. Obviously, Oakland's paying him well so money is not an issue with him. He wants a team that's in contention, and that doesn't sound like the Texans.

With that said, I hope the Texans sign Carlos Rogers. I've never heard of him before, but judging from other comments on here, it's certainly an upgrade over what we currently have on our roster. I won't be disappointed in our FO if we don't sign him as there are still many FA corners on the market.

What I do want to see, though, is an ACTIVE offseason. We've been promised this many times, only to realize we've been deceived. Let's hope this is the year. There I go with the hope and optimism again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read