Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2011   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bleacher

Yeah, I know Bleacher gets worse day by day, but this guy put a list of where he thought the top 50 FA would go.

Here is who he thought the Texans would sign/resign

4. Arian Foster, RB, Texans
9. Jonathan Jospeh, CB, Bengals
28. Santana Moss, WR Redskins
32. Quintin Mikell, S, Philadelphia Eagles
37. Vonta Leach, FB. Texans
49. Terrell Owens. WR, Bengals

Discuss!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bleacher

do u have a link?

well at the moment its all speculation but i would be very happy with mikell and joseph however i think that will cost us an arm and a leg. owens and moss i think is highly doutful for the obvious reasons of character and age and moss would cost to much for the texans to offer.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
do u have a link?
well at the moment its all speculation but i would be very happy with mikell and joseph however i think that will cost us an arm and a leg. owens and moss i think is highly doutful for the obvious reasons of character and age and moss would cost to much for the texans to offer.

LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #4
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 38 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=awtysst;1706399]Yeah, I know Bleacher gets worse day by day, but this guy put a list of where he thought the top 50 FA would go.

Discuss![/QUOTE

Looks good

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, like we'd get Owens AND Santana Moss?!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is Bleacher? Lmao at TO.
Old 06-01-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the list. Although I could see us being a little iffy on T.O., there is a case to show that TO has been on his best behavior in Cincy and even while he was on a sorry team in Buffalo. He even put up good numbers there too. I simply think that we go either or on the two wr listed and don't go for both. Santana Moss has done great in this offense.

Everyone else on the list makes for a very good FA period that would be hard to get mad at.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2011   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I despise TO I wouldn't mind having him line up on the opposite side of Dre. As far as Moss, no thanks.

Hell yeah to Joseph, thats if the Texans dont sign Aso. () Quintin Mikell, I wouldn't mind. The rest of the list...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #9
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, T.O. totally matches the profile and age of players we recruit.

I swear there must be an iron curtain around the Texans that prevents outside media from understanding what the hell goes on here.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I only see 2 must haves on that list. Both of them played for us last year. There will be significantly better alternatives. Mikell wouldn't be a bad pick up, though. I'd rather not have T.O. I just don't like the guy. Simple as that. I could see AJ and TO facing off like AJ and Finnegan last season. TO seems to bring out the worst in people.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #11
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

With the exception of TO I'd be happy with that. Moss I could take or leave, no big deal either way.

The rest I'd be happy with especially if Joseph and Mikell are the only D players willing to come here.
Old 06-01-2011   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Yeah, I know Bleacher gets worse day by day, but this guy put a list of where he thought the top 50 FA would go.

Discuss!
History tells me our FO isn't going to be this active. I'd like it to be, but I don't see it happening.

TO's nothing but trouble. He's been terribly unproductive lately, and his character will never fit the mold of McNair's ideal version of a Texan. I don't see us signing him.

We MUST sign Arian Foster and Vonta Leach. They were the reason our running game was so successful last year. It would be offensive suicide to not re-sign them.

Santana Moss would be a nice complement WR to Andre Johnson and should be a great pick-up. I wouldn't sign him to a long-term deal though, considering he's already 32 years old.

I'd also like to see us sign more veterans on the defensive side of the ball. Picking up Joseph and Mikell could drastically improve our secondary. But, hey, if we get Asomugha instead of Joseph, I wouldn't complain. There's always a little hope.
Old 06-02-2011   #13
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Dick Justice this morning said on 1560 that the Texans FO wouldn't even let T.O enter the building. They wouldn't want to handle his baggage.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #14
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that could be worse for Sports Journalism than Bleacher Report would be Jemele Hill and Stephen A. Smith having a baby.
Old 06-02-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
The only thing that could be worse for Sports Journalism than Bleacher Report would be Jemele Hill and Stephen A. Smith having a baby.
I don't have a problem with the Bleacher Report as long as it's made clear that it's basically a blog and shouldn't be considered sports journalism. It's a fan based website with all bias and inaccuracies that go with that.
Old 06-02-2011   #16
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't have a problem with the Bleacher Report as long as it's made clear that it's basically a blog and shouldn't be considered sports journalism. It's a fan based website with all bias and inaccuracies that go with that.
The fact that the Chronicle features a Bleacher Report article on its front page almost daily is disturbing.
Old 06-02-2011   #17
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Bleacher

One guys opinion...nothing set in stone....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
The fact that the Chronicle features a Bleacher Report article on its front page almost daily is disturbing.
They don't call it the Houston Comical for nothing!
Old 06-02-2011   #19
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the santana moss thing doesnt seem that far fetched to me! if he does hit the FA market i can see AJ giving him a call. they are super good friends
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read