Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-14-2004   #1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Flirting Ends: QB Tim Couch signs with Packers

Packers | Couch Agrees to One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:39:20 -0700

FoxSportsNet's Jay Glazer reports the Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms with free agent QB Tim Couch (Browns) on a one-year, $1.25 million deal. The deal also includes incentives. While he hasn't officially signed the deal yet, he is expected to join the team in the next 48 to 72 hours.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just what Couch needs. The best thing for him would be if Favre decides to play two more years IMO. 2004 and 2005 spent backing up Brett and getting comfortable again. In two years he could take over and be ready to put on a show.

Last season I was kind of down on this guy and kind of thinking that he was the problem. After giving it some thought I've decided that the new Browns are the problem. There's something very wrong up there. After spending most of my life watching the Oilers I think I'm qualified to judge a dysfunctional franchise.
Old 06-14-2004   #3
Frailty
Rookie

Default Green Bay And Couch Doesnt make sense?

Why only a 1 year deal? Farve is done after this year, and with farves consecutive game record, i doubt couch will play, why not atleast a 2 yr deal?
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

There are clauses in the contract. I would guess that if Couch has a nice year it is only a one year deal, but if he sits it will be a longer deal. Thats what I am thinking because it would benefit Couch.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

As far as I've heard it is just a one year deal. That is because Couch wants to be able to test the free agent market after this season in case Brett decides he wants to play another season. I guess he thinks he'll have a shot at another starting job should Brett stay on longer.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004   #6
wiley2002
Veteran

I heard Couch went to the 49ers. Wish I could remember my source. Thanks for correcting me anyway.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I think it was mentioned on 610 a few days ago (before this announcement) that a one year contract would be given so they would have a better chance to negotiate and come to a long term deal after this year plays out and all parties figure out what's going to happen.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read