Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-30-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Tacks may be dealing with more QB issues

From PFT:

Quote:
Kerry Collins may not be interested in being a “nursemaid” for Jake Locker

APWith Vince Young out and Jake Locker in and Rusty Smith not sufficiently experienced or veteran to serve as an experienced veteran, some believed that Titans quarterback Kerry Collins may stick around for another year, while Locker gets up to speed.

Teammate Jake Scott recently told Ross Tucker and Peter King of SiriusXM NFL Radio, via King’s indispensable MMQB column, that Collins may simply decide to call it quits.

“I’m not sure Kerry isn’t going to say, ‘I’m done,’ and ride off into the sunset,” Scott said. “I don’t think he wants to come back and be a nursemaid to a young kid. Money’s not an issue to him.”

If that’s the case, then the Titans need to decide whether to bring in a different veteran, whether to let Locker handle the job as a rookie, or whether to give Rusty Smith a shot at being the short-term solution, while hoping that Smith doesn’t become so good that they can’t get Locker onto the field.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Tacks may be dealing with more QB issues

Can't decide between Kerry Collins, Rusty Smith or Jake Locker?

Grab a Snickers. Cuz it's gonna suck no matter what!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the market for Dan'O just heated up
Old 05-31-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

To all my Tac friends, I highly recommend HWSNBN.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I could care less about Collins' feelings anymore. I'm on record HATING the Locker pick and have bigger worries.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know what the number is, but VY won an ungodly number of games for the Tacks.

I mean the bar is pretty low. For them, QB play has little to do with winning. A smart coach, bad-ass running game & a better than avg Dfense is their formula.

"Don't do nut'n stupid, stupid," should be all the coaching the QB needs in Tennessee.
Old 05-31-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Vince Young Nim Com poops
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that he's recovering from the removal of a benign brain tumor, the new him should be ready to go for the Tacks.

Old 06-01-2011   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

With all this turmoil, QB issues, brand new unexperienced head coach...and just watch, they will still sweep our team and end up with a better record. [/cynicism]
Old 06-01-2011   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not having Kerry Collins be your QB is probably a positive not a neagative.
Old 06-01-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
To all my Tac friends, I highly recommend HWSNBN.
LMFAO!! That's funny as hell, right there.
Old 06-01-2011   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I could care less about Collins' feelings anymore. I'm on record HATING the Locker pick and have bigger worries.
I tend to agree with you here. As mentioned prior with all the 1st year coaches, the QB situation and all this mess going on with the lockout I think the Tacks and all their fans have plenty of legitimate "worries". I just *thought* the Texans had it tough with a new DC and defensive scheme.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans just ****ed themselves bad. Getting rid of Fisher and VY both just made no sense. They should have kept VY if they planned on getting rid of Fisher or kept Fisher since they were going to get rid of VY.

Now they're back to having Collins and some young rookie. Fisher is no longer there to turn shit into something nice and get the team to over achieve. The Titans have a long road ahead of them and CJ isn't going to have putting out anymore 2,000 yard seasons.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I tend to agree with you here. As mentioned prior with all the 1st year coaches, the QB situation and all this mess going on with the lockout I think the Tacks and all their fans have plenty of legitimate "worries". I just *thought* the Texans had it tough with a new DC and defensive scheme.
The difference is that historically we haven't been able to overcome our "worries."
Old 06-01-2011   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The difference is that historically we haven't been able to overcome our "worries."
I'm 'cautiously optimistic' that things will change. Guess we'll all find out together. Just don't know when.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought the titans would crumble last year going into wk 1

now if the texans dont sweep them this year that would be just sad
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #17
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i thought the titans would crumble last year going into wk 1

now if the texans dont sweep them this year that would be just sad
We have seen sad around here before, wouldn't be the first time.
Old 06-10-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

McClain reports:

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Tennessee Titans haven't seen much of rookie quarterback Jake Locker. That's not stopping his new teammates from thinking the eighth pick overall could be their starter whenever the NFL starts playing again.

Locker worked out with his new teammates Thursday in a second straight player-organized minicamp at a local high school as the NFL lockout continues. He's made a sizeable impression on Tennessee veterans in just two days, including Thursday when he completed 8 of 12 passes.

Left guard Leroy Harris says he thinks the former Washington standout physically is ready to start and just needs to make sure he learns the plays. Harris says Locker has all the tools to be Tennessee's franchise quarterback.

About 40 players turned out Thursday for a nearly two-hour workout.
Quote:
I guarantee my fellow hillbilly will follow me into the Hall of Fame.

----- VY
Bud is sure to offer Lock the best environment and "learnin'" money can buy...............NOT!
Old 06-10-2011   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Grab a Snickers.
Maybe thats what VY needs, he sure is a diva...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Collins would like to return to Titans in 2011

Quote:
Posted on June 11, 2011 by JIM WYATT, The Tennessean

Kerry Collins wants to nip any retirement talk in the bud. The veteran quarterback said Saturday he wants to play in 2011, and would love to return to the Titans.

But he also said the situation would have to be right.

“I know I still have good football left in me, and I want to see where they’re at, too,” Collins said of the Titans. “If it makes sense on both sides to do it, I’d be good for coming back.”

Collins, coming off his 16th NFL season, played in the City of Hope’s Celebrity Softball Challenge on Saturday morning at Greer Stadium. He said he’s been working out regularly, and is great shape.

Collins spoke with new Titans Coach Mike Munchak before the NFL lockout, when he also talked with new offensive coordinator Chris Palmer. Collins also said he’d be open to working with rookie quarterback Jake Locker, the team’s first round pick.

“I went through it with Vince (Young),” Collins said. “I would be open to it, but it would have to be the right thing. I would like to get to know Jake a little bit to make sure he’d be the type guy I’d want to help out. That won’t be the sole issue either. It is not about what kind of guy Jake is. I just have to weigh a lot of things.”

The lockout could help Collins’ chances of returning, since he knows Munchak. But plenty remains to be seen, he said.

“I think it is legitimate speculation to think the longer this thing goes, the more attractive I would be to them because of my familiarity with everything,” Collins said. “I know we have new coordinators, but I am sure a lot of terminology is going to be the same. On paper it makes sense to at least talk to me about coming back. The longer this thing goes, the better it could work out for me.
Please, please, please.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read