Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #21
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Competition breeds excellence, and this should be a fun battle to watch this preseason...May the best man win, though I'd probably give the edge to Swinton...Then again, I thought Vontez Duff was going to take his job last year, and JJ fought him off...
Old 04-19-2005   #22
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

"Then again, I thought Vontez Duff was going to take his job last year, and JJ fought him off..."

yah thats the point i was makin...thanks D-rek
TopTexanFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #23
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Well, look at it this way, Swinton couldn't cut it with a sorry Dallas team and an even worse Detroit team, so what makes you think he can make it here?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #24
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Haha true....gesh siging ex-cowboys lol j/k im sure the best man will win
TopTexanFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #25
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Well, look at it this way, Swinton couldn't cut it with a sorry Dallas team and an even worse Detroit team, so what makes you think he can make it here?
True...I'm not sure about why he was outed in Dallas (probably fumbles), but Detroit had one of the best kick returners last year in Eddie Drummond...He won 2 games for them in a row by returning a couple kicks for TDs...
Old 04-19-2005   #26
Alex
Rookie

At the difference of JJ who never catch a pass in NFL, Reggie Swinton can also be a good receiver. Last year, he caught 18 passes for 213 yards and one TD.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #27
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Then i bet thats why they got rid of them cause they already had somebody they were goin to keep, but then again drummond got hurt in the thanksgiving game....did swinton play in his place?
Old 04-19-2005   #28
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
Yah sure JJ hasnt been the greatest player but with what talents hes been giving he gets out there day in and day out and competes with what he has. so to say he hasnt proven anything to the texan organization is kinda messed up, cause he has. who else the past 2 years were we gonna put bak there? and how many times did we sign diffrent guys for him to compete with? i know we have and hes won out every time. so yes i agree hes not the best but hes one of my fav. on the team and im glad to have him.
Did I say he has'nt proven anything or did I say he has at least as much to prove as Swinton ?... ....That's what I thought.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #29
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha sry canadiantexan i misread but still i dont see how he has just as much to prove as swinton? please explain
Old 04-19-2005   #30
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
haha sry canadiantexan i misread but still i dont see how he has just as much to prove as swinton? please explain
I just dont think that J.J has really done anything to say the job is his. I'm willing to bet that most people outside of Houston fans don't even know who he is. I also like J.J. but just not what he's done on the feild at game time. It does'nt matter if your a 10 year starter or a rookie you have to prove you belong every time you step on the feild especialy when your team signs someone every year to compete with you for your job.

P.S. sorry maybe the last post was a bit too sarcastic.
Old 04-19-2005   #31
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha no prob good post though, now that i've read that i see what you're sayin. but how long does JJ have to compete? till he scores touchdowns or plays starting WR? but true everyone rookie or vetran has to compete but i still feel hes proven somewhat more to the texans than swinton, mainly cause he has ousted others who have came to take his job and he does preform WELL not great but well and he gets the job done IMO
Old 04-19-2005   #32
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
true everyone rookie or vetran has to compete but i still feel hes proven somewhat more to the texans than swinton, mainly cause he has ousted others who have came to take his job and he does preform WELL not great but well and he gets the job done IMO
Point well taken. Lets just hope he does start scoring touchdowns and we are not here next year asking why they brought someone else in again.
Old 04-19-2005   #33
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha agreed
Old 04-19-2005   #34
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm.. 10 fumbles and 4 TDs vs No Fumbles and No TDs. Other than that their stats are similar.. except Swinton breaks away more often.

I dunno... is every TD worth 2.5 fumbles? Would his TDs win games for us more often than his fumbles lost games for us?

Im still thinking J.J. is the man.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #35
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone taking bets on the Texans returning a TD this year???
Old 04-19-2005   #36
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea i will, i'll say 1 touchdown no more no less....any wagers? lol
Old 04-19-2005   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Swinton just got bumped for Buchannon. Don't look back, someone may be gaining on you.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #38
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha yea i might wanna withdraw that bet now eh
Old 04-19-2005   #39
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
.... cept the O-line. Its almost like they own thier starting spots cause nobody is behind them to take thier job.
Makes u think coaches feel OL will be better next year w/experience in zone blocking system.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #40
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Anyone taking bets on the Texans returning a TD this year???
I will now that we got Buchanon :woot ...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read