Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011   #61
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Sigh..

Seriously we all entered into the PSL contract knowing good and well why we did it, the contract doesn't make amendments for anything like this so to adhere to the contract you signed.. pay your dues and wait.

And I'm sorry noone is making a steady 13% interest in this market right now.
Your NOT making 13%? I have a great opportunity for you then. Its not a pyramid scheme, but I was recruited to sell these cards, and now im recruiting you. And if you think this is a quick rich scheme, well Yes! You will get rich quick. We all will!

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #62
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what the big deal is. I think they would be dumb for not asking for payment now.

I'm just really glad to see they're not laying employees off like other clubs are.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #63
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Is there a bank that will give you greater than 1% interest guaranteed right now?

I just checked Money Market Accounts and Savings Accounts APY for Houston and the highest I found was 1%.

If you got creative with investing, sure, its easy to earn greater than 1%. But not with 0% risk. 1% seems to be pretty reasonable considering the current rates
Not to mention you pay now and if there's no season you get your money back plus that 1%.... SIX months from now, not a year! Good luck finding a 6 month CD with that rate.
Old 06-20-2011   #64
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Not to mention you pay now and if there's no season you get your money back plus that 1%.... SIX months from now, not a year! Good luck finding a 6 month CD with that rate.
https://www.google.com/advisor/uscd?...h+cd+rates&s=1

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #65
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Per link, 6 month CD rates are 0.52%
Old 06-20-2011   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What may to be lost here is that, the way the economy is going, in 6 months your money will be worth less. Some would rather have that money now to be able to spend their money on things they want/need now at probably a better return on that cash purchase.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #67
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if people have to worry about how much intrest they are going to get in return if there is a lock out, they might not want to be investing in football at all! No one is making anyone invest in football it's a luxury!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2011   #68
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you didn't pay for your tickets as a normally year, would you have the money set aside to pay for all of it at once, once the lockout is over. I don't think so.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #69
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
If you didn't pay for your tickets as a normally year, would you have the money set aside to pay for all of it at once, once the lockout is over. I don't think so.
I've got it. What's your point?
Old 06-23-2011   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Per link, 6 month CD rates are 0.52%
LOL, what is the 6 month inflation rate these days?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011   #71
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
LOL, what is the 6 month inflation rate these days?
Haha most likely higher!

I still just don't really see the big deal of paying for your tickets in advance, as in now, likely when you normally would. Has anyone tried to collect money from people for an event? It's hell when you wait right before the even starts.

Sure there's the risk that a season may not occur, but quite frankly I find that extremely unlikely. Even if that were to happen (worst case scenario), you would get your money back or at least pro rata on the number games played/lost. No season? Boom I get my money back... sucks but at least I'm not out anything.

Then add on the talk about the Texans actually paying you 1% of the price as interest!!?? I think that's pretty cool of them to do. I was meerily commenting on the fact that you pay them in May/June and there's no season, you get paid back 6 months later. That's 1% for 6 months... not a whole year. Could you invest that money in something else and make more? Sure possibly. With today's market you also run the risk of losing some of your initial investment and then you'd be stuck having to come up with extra money right before the season starts to pay for your season tickets... which at that point you might just say 'eff it'.

Is $10 back six months down the road going help me? Not really. I think its somewhat of a nice gesture when they could just say, "sorry OMT, no season here's your money back."

I just find it kind of funny people getting upset not only that they're being asked to pay for their season tickets but that they only get an extra 1% refund in the unlikely event no season occurs.
Old 06-25-2011   #72
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I've got it. What's your point?
Good for you, I'm sure the majority of the fans wouldn't.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #73
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Good for you, I'm sure the majority of the fans wouldn't.
Sadly, true

I admire Nitro's stance on this. If more fans were like him this organization would be in much better shape.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011   #74
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Is there a bank that will give you greater than 1% interest guaranteed right now?

I just checked Money Market Accounts and Savings Accounts APY for Houston and the highest I found was 1%.

If you got creative with investing, sure, its easy to earn greater than 1%. But not with 0% risk. 1% seems to be pretty reasonable considering the current rates
You can try Texas Citizens Bank or Founders Bank here in Houston. They have rewards checking accounts at about 2-2.5%. (used to be 5%, but alas...) Only catch is you have to use the debit card x number of times a month and have direct deposit (basically, they want you to use it like a normal checking account). For Founders, it's 10x a month and for Citizens it is 12x a month I believe.

But ya...point me in the direction of the 13% checking accounts plz.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011   #75
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
You can try Texas Citizens Bank or Founders Bank here in Houston. They have rewards checking accounts at about 2-2.5%. (used to be 5%, but alas...) Only catch is you have to use the debit card x number of times a month and have direct deposit (basically, they want you to use it like a normal checking account). For Founders, it's 10x a month and for Citizens it is 12x a month I believe.

But ya...point me in the direction of the 13% checking accounts plz.
Now you guys need to stop with the "telephone pole game" everchanging messages. I never said I had a 13% checking account. Enough please. I said my money makes 13% where its at. I was trying to make a statement but to my surprise, nobody can focus on the message behind it. Some of you guys just made up stuff and started running with the savings accounts and whatnot. If y'all want to make fun, that's fine with me... but I definitely wish I had said nothing... that really was too personal information for me to divulge on my part. In my mind and post, I was talking to one person (who I happen to know is a very financial person) but sometimes I forget this is an open forum... oh well. It happens...
Old 06-30-2011   #76
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got off the phone with the Texans ticket office and they said that the lockout has not impacted their projected sales.... Apparently everyone with Platinum lot passes and lower Bull pen tickets have renewed their season tickets.... :-(

I wish more Platinum lot people would get upset about the lockout!
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011   #77
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I just got off the phone with the Texans ticket office and they said that the lockout has not impacted their projected sales.... Apparently everyone with Platinum lot passes and lower Bull pen tickets have renewed their season tickets.... :-(

Sorry Kay, you know us....we put the FAN in fanatic!
Old 06-30-2011   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post

It is obvious that the owners' own self-induced business insecurity led to policies that were meant to purposely generate insecurity on their loyal season ticket holders..........something that in many other contexts would be referred to as out and out "blackmail."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read