Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011   #41
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
To reply to a private note I got - 'what if all PSL holders bailed?'

I agree, if all the PSL holders bailed the Texans would be caught with their pants down - but I bet within 60 days would have them all re-sold. Then the joke is on us sitting at home.

It is like people saying 'I'm not going to renew my season tickets and we'll teach the Texans a lesson about the crap on the field' - we all know that just doesn't work because so many of us are not willing to give up our season tickets or psl's.
See... I don't care about sending a message to the Texans. Its why I didn't respond to their email. I know that I am just a mere grain of sand on the beach. I just feel that I can get better value for my money elsewhere at this point. I owe it to my family...

FWIW, I am a non-PSL season ticket holder...
Old 06-01-2011   #42
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
How long you been a season ticket holder?
Since 2004. Non PSL.

Quote:
That right there should be enough to secure your seats...
Maybe it should be. But I am not willing to risk it to find out. I guess I dont see a problem with dropping $400 to secure my seats.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #43
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That all depends on what you consider the punchline to that joke, my friend.
LOL, well, if I gave up my psl's to prove a point and they resold the entire stadium in the span of a few months, the joke would be on me
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #44
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Quote:
I just feel that I can get better value for my money elsewhere at this point. I owe it to my family...
And I see nothing wrong with that! Completely your choice as to what you feel is best for you and your family.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #45
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Since 2004. Non PSL.

Maybe it should be. But I am not willing to risk it to find out. I guess I dont see a problem with dropping $400 to secure my seats.
More power to you.

We all have our breaking points. This one in particular was mine. The 1994 MLB strike negatively affected me in this light. The cancellation of the World Series was a real gut check for me. I am not really sweating this lockout stuff. It is what it is but I'm not going to be "used" in the process. I am in no mood to explain to my 9 year old what exactly is the holdup here... I watch enough NFLn/ESPN that he understands there's something massively financial going on.

He also understands the amazing cost to our family... financially, mentally, and physically (I know you understand being a dedicated out-of-town fan yourself) to be able to attend these games week in, week out. Considering all three factors, it's amazing how much we spend only to get p'unked with a 1% guarantee. With that extra money laying around, I think we're buying expensive Schlitterbahn season passes this summer instead of the 6 Flags that we do annually. I think it'll be less confusing to my kid and me as well. Seems a bit easier to come away with a big wet smile on our faces than watching billionaires squabble with millionaires all the while holding my money hostage.

I'm exhausted. Ima go hit the lazy river for a while.
Old 06-01-2011   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Schlitterbahn is awesome, man. I can't blame you one bit. Is it good for all Schlitterbahn locations? The one in Galveston is cool, too!
Old 06-01-2011   #47
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans look at this a bunch of different ways. For me, it's my entertainment. Yep, sometimes my choice of entertainment SUCKS, but, it's my choice. Securing my seats by paying up now just puts my mind at ease. WHENEVER the season starts I'll be ready to do my part as a diehard Texan fan! Profootball will return, its just a matter of when. If we don't have a season I'm good to go for 2012. I'm just not gonna stress over the % of interest lost. Just like I didn't stress over the couple thousand bucks I've spent since Feb over other entertainment ventures. I didn't get any interest on that either.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2011   #48
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Fans look at this a bunch of different ways. For me, it's my entertainment. Yep, sometimes my choice of entertainment SUCKS, but, it's my choice. Securing my seats by paying up now just puts my mind at ease. WHENEVER the season starts I'll be ready to do my part as a diehard Texan fan! Profootball will return, its just a matter of when. If we don't have a season I'm good to go for 2012. I'm just not gonna stress over the % of interest lost. Just like I didn't stress over the couple thousand bucks I've spent since Feb over other entertainment ventures. I didn't get any interest on that either.

My exact thoughts and feelings about this matter... #diehard
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #49
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of hope they cancel the season so I can say I made some money (albeit a paltry 1%) off of Uncle Bob.

Forcing fans to pay up when you're deliberately trying to ensure that the games aren't played is such a freaking joke.
Old 06-02-2011   #50
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
I kind of hope they cancel the season so I can say I made some money (albeit a paltry 1%) off of Uncle Bob.

Forcing fans to pay up when you're deliberately trying to ensure that the games aren't played is such a freaking joke.
Good luck. I think they would squeek in a couple of games so that they dont have to pay you the 1%. This is from the email they sent me.

Quote:
If you are paid in full by the May 17th deadline, and we do not play any games in the 2011 season, you will be refunded your payment in full plus 1% interest. The league deadline of May 15th is extended to these accounts since many are on our payment plan, scheduled to run the final payment on May 17th.
To me that says they can play 1 game and keep their 1%.
Old 06-02-2011   #51
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
Fans paying up is the joke.
Old 06-02-2011   #52
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm.... so i went to pay off my tix in the account manager and no invoices were found. guess i will call tomorrow
system update or something, check in the mail

Last edited by ATXtexanfan; 06-03-2011 at 07:28 PM.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #53
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

For me...its business as usual. I paid my tickets...100%. Each of you have great reasons one way or another for paying or not paying. I get it. I really do. If nothing happens this season...so be it. Its beyond my control.

All I can do is hoe there is football this fall. If so...great. If not...I'll just travel all over the state/country on my motorcycle.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

League says season-ticket sales are now down

Quote:
Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal recently reported NFL owners were informed at a meeting in Indianapolis that season-ticket sales surprisingly were ahead of the 2010 pace, despite the lockout.

Per Kaplan, the league now claims that the sales are behind last year’s numbers.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy explained to Kaplan that the sales figures shared with the owners applied only through May 6. When adjusting the totals through May 31, the numbers have dropped. McCarthy also said that renewals of suites and club seats “have slowed to a crawl.”

The league apparently is trying to counter, as Kaplan explains it, criticism of teams for “cutting back and laying off and furloughing employees” at a time when sales were actually up.

But the new figures don’t make the situation any better, in our view. The NFL has been planning to lock out the players for years. Why not also plan to take care of the folks caught in the middle? Last year, in the final year of the labor deal, teams were able to set aside plenty of money thanks to the absence of a salary floor and the disappearance of various types of player benefits. They teams should have set some of that money aside to help pay the employees who are now feeling the pain for a wound they didn’t inflict.

To the extent that the cuts are merely part of some broader effort to demonstrate that the teams are suffering during the lockout, then it’s one of the dumbest P.R. efforts we’ve ever seen. This isn’t a recession or some other external hardship. The NFL has brought this financial crisis on itself in an effort to get a bigger piece of the revenue pie from the players. Thus, the only team officials who fairly should be losing any money as a result of the lockout are the owners.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011   #55
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a group.........the secondary ticket crooks (sellers).........you just can't feel too sorry for. But it does reflect what is going on with fans.

Quote:
It was about 10:30 one night last month when Frank Fullerton opened his laptop. He was in the “Panthers room” of his home on the outskirts of Charlotte. While most of the house features neutral colors, in this room Fullerton has a giant 12-foot team logo painted on a blue wall. A custom-made Vinny Testaverde Panthers jersey hangs near the entrance.

Fullerton began typing. “I’m selling my season tickets for the coming season,” he wrote, “if there is one.”

Former Redskins assistant Chris Meidt is called down another aisle
Agent Joby Branion draws strength from past to advise football stars
NFL lockout puts Rashad Carmichael’s career with the Houston Texans on hold
View all Items in this Story

He’s owned the two seats in Section 321 since the Panthers moved into Bank of America Stadium in 1996. His passion for the team hasn’t wavered, despite the team’s dismal 2-14 record last season. But he lost his sales job a couple of years ago. He lived off old stocks for a while and though he’s only 53 years old, he recently began dipping into his IRAs.

“Same thing that’s happened to a lot of people,” is how he explained his situation. “Companies have been cutting back everywhere. It makes it hard for anyone to justify three grand for football games.”

The advertisement for his tickets went up on Craigslist. He was only asking for face value, but no matter how many times Fullerton checked his in box, there was no response.

It’s a tough time to sell pro football tickets. Since NFL owners locked out their players in March, league officials, ticket brokers and season ticket holders have all reported a difficult time moving tickets.

NFL owners and players are at a stalemate in negotiations for a new labor agreement, and they might stand to lose the most by a prolonged work stoppage. But there is a trickle-down effect that has many others carefully monitoring the dispute, from those in charge of merchandising to the restaurants and bars surrounding NFL stadiums to businesses large and small that depend on the NFL for advertising, entertaining clients and promoting their brands.

“We’re one of the peripheral figures that are affected by this lockout,” said Glenn Lehrman, a spokesman for StubHub, one of the most popular outposts for buying and selling tickets on the secondary market. “Like so many others — vendors, merchants — we’re all in the same boat.”

The two sides have recently begun private talks about a labor deal, and an agreement couldn’t come soon enough for many. While the full impact wouldn’t hit until September, some businesses have contingency plans in place. The lockout has presented large advertisers such as Pepsi, Budweiser and Mars, maker of the Snickers candy bar, with difficult decisions about budgeting, media buys, in-store displays and campaign rollouts.

‘Big picture is still bad news’

Those in the ticket business are already feeling the impact. Ticket sales are down 53 percent from the same time a year ago, according to Don Vaccaro, chief executive of TicketNetwork, one of the country’s leading online ticket exchanges.

“That is a huge, huge swing,” he said. “It seems that a lot of folks on the lower end aren’t buying tickets, and it could be the start of a multiyear problem for the NFL, like we’ve seen with some other leagues
.”
link
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011   #56
Blake
MMQB

You cheap asses. Just pay your dues! I hear Bob McNair had to cut back on his private Jet staff during his trip to Europe.
Old 06-10-2011   #57
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

So how are they going to handle it if there is a shortened 8 game season?
Has there been any correspondence sent out about that?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #58
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
So how are they going to handle it if there is a shortened 8 game season?
Has there been any correspondence sent out about that?
In the case of the Texans, you'd get whatever games weren't played refunded....plus 1% interest.
Old 06-15-2011   #59
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

so i paid off my tix and relocated a few sections over. the rep said reliant was at about 90% capacity and they expected to sell out the stadium once the lockout was lifted. thats was she said
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #60
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Sigh..

Seriously we all entered into the PSL contract knowing good and well why we did it, the contract doesn't make amendments for anything like this so to adhere to the contract you signed.. pay your dues and wait.

And I'm sorry noone is making a steady 13% interest in this market right now.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read