Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

It's only lip service when the NFL talks about fans. Clearly the fans represent one thing to them, and you are fooling yourself if you think that any of us mean more to them than that.
Old 05-26-2011   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I want to know where you're investing, I'd take a steady 13%.

Donny already beat me to it...the Giants aren't charging their folks a DIME until the lockout ends.
How are the Giants going to make ends meet ?

I dont believe Mara/Tisch have had layoffs/furloughs.

Has BoB made layoffs/furloughs? I honestly dont know the answer to that ?

Reports coming out of the Texans FO concerning this have been few and far between.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's only lip service when the NFL talks about fans. Clearly the fans represent one thing to them, and you are fooling yourself if you think that any of us mean more to them than that.
Cant rep you

The truth can be ugly sometimes.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011   #24
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I forwarded my email conversation to CloaknnnDagger. I do not have the capability to post that at this time. I can't cut and paste on my device so I have asked for his help in posting.

1%? I feel insulted... nonono... I feel used... especially after being such a dedicated fan from 188 miles away door-to-stadium season after season... Raise prices fine but to insult me out of my money? Eh. I guess my TV has a better picture anyway. Maybe pick up a game or two here and there but as a dedicated season ticket holder? I don't know anymore. I really feel different this time around. Its going to take me a long time to recover from this...

Old 05-27-2011   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I forwarded my email conversation to CloaknnnDagger. I do not have the capability to post that at this time. I can't cut and paste on my device so I have asked for his help in posting.

1%? I feel insulted... nonono... I feel used... especially after being such a dedicated fan from 188 miles away door-to-stadium season after season... Raise prices fine but to insult me out of my money? Eh. I guess my TV has a better picture anyway. Maybe pick up a game or two here and there but as a dedicated season ticket holder? I don't know anymore. I really feel different this time around. Its going to take me a long time to recover from this...

Quote:
The dialogue between us. I never responded back [to the last e-mail].

On Tue May 3rd, 2011 3:32 PM CDT Cordes, Katie wrote:

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to get in touch with you about your season ticket account. I just noticed that we haven't received a payment from you yet. Are you still planning on buying your season tickets?

Katie Cordes
Customer Service Representative
Houston Texans
Reliant Stadium
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054-1573
832.667.2191 (fax)
www.houstontexans.com<http://www.houstontexans.com/>

GO TEXANS!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:09 AM
To: Cordes, Katie
Subject: Re: Houston Texans Season Tickets

Hi Katie,
Am I going to pay? How about this... are the owners going to lift this lockout nonsense? Have they not learned from the MLB disaster back in 1994. Almost 20 years later and MLB isn't the same.

I have to be honest... watching billionaires squabble with multi-millionaires while I struggle to provide for my family has really left a bad bad bad taste in my mouth. Especially at the 1% interest offer from Bobby McBillionaire if the season ends up beng cancelled. My money is best left in my bank account at this point considering.

I know none of this is your fault nor can you do anything about it but I am a very unhappy fan. Bluntly honest is how I am trying to approach this.
--Mike

Sent: Wed May 4th, 2011 8:51 AM CDT
To: nitrohanda
Subject: Re: Houston Texans Season Tickets

Mike,

I completely understand where you are coming from. We are pretty frustrated with the situation too since there is nothing we can do about it.

At the risk of upsetting you more though, I have to at least ask if you can put down a 25% payment ($408.75) by Friday in order to hold your seats longer. You may have received an email from one of our reps about this. We understand if you would like to hold out for the rest of the payments but at least this would let us know you are committed to coming back once this lockout/CBA is settled. In the meantime, I have noted your account as to why there hasn't been a payment to date.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,

Katie Cordes
Houston Texans
This was my response to Nitro after he sent me his e-mail interchange. We both agreed that this should be "shared" information with the TexansTalk board members.

Quote:
Mike,

I find it strange that they found it acceptable to "haggle" a price for
you, when this is not something that others were offered. My guess is that
you are not the only one that gets special offerings when they are seen to be
seriously pulling out. It looks like they are just trying to see how far
they can push fans, and when fans like you stick to their guns, they try to
get whatever money they CAN squeeze out of you.

This communication should be shared with other Texans fans. Of course,
that's only if you feel comfortable in doing so. None the less, my hat's off
to you for doing something that too many are "afraid" to do because they are held hostage by a team they truly love.

Thanks for sharing,
Jean
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011   #26
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And my money makes 13% interest where it's at now. They are trying to fleece you.
WOW, I wanna bank where you bank, whats the secret?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am as pissed off as everyone else about this. The 1% back is a joke. They could play 2 games and you wouldnt get that 1%.

I paid my 25% to reserve my season tickets. They wont do anything if you have a few hudered down on your seats. They will get the rest when they sign a new CBA.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2011   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Bobby McBillionaire"!!! Rep to Nitro!
Old 05-27-2011   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
WOW, I wanna bank where you bank, whats the secret?
Jesus. I wish I didn't say anything. Focus, people...
Old 05-27-2011   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I am as pissed off as everyone else about this. The 1% back is a joke. They could play 2 games and you wouldnt get that 1%.

I paid my 25% to reserve my season tickets. They wont do anything if you have a few hudered down on your seats. They will get the rest when they sign a new CBA.
How long you been a season ticket holder? That right there should be enough to secure your seats...
Old 05-27-2011   #31
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Me too.
Old 05-27-2011   #32
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, this is the first that I have ever heard of this....but anyways...

Did anyone have a Platinum lot parking pass that they are now not wanting due to the greed of the owners? I am sure that someone can find a home for it. :-)

Texans Fans despite it all....
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McNair not among owners squeezing staffers while their bank accounts grow

It’s amazing to me how many teams are cutting pay and forcing staffers to take work furloughs during the lockout.

Why?

Because owners have your ticket money, and it’s drawing interest. They didn’t have to pay March roster bonuses to players who had them in their contracts. And they haven’t paid a signing bonus to a free agent.

At this time, the owners are saving money, and yet many of them are cutting payroll of people in the organization.

Now, at some point, the owners will have to pay those March roster bonuses, and when free agency begins, they’ll be paying signing bonuses. But when the league resumes play, probably because of a new collective bargaining agreement rather than a decision in court, the owners will get their television money.

Some owners say they won’t cut anybody anytime. Their employees are very fortunate.

Here’s where the Texans stand: In March, Bob McNair said it will be business as usual with the Texans, but if games are canceled, and he has to return ticket money with interest, then he’ll revisit his decision.
Funny, how McClain is reporting nothing new....but just what was stated back in March........."conditions" that has since then changed dramatically. If fans were to have stuck together and insisted on 1% DEPOSIT (instead of 1% refund) until the lockout was lifted, the status of the lockout would have long been resolved by the owners. Money..........or should I say, the loss of money.......... is the only thing that seems to draw attention to reality.
Old 05-30-2011   #34
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a bank that will give you greater than 1% interest guaranteed right now?

I just checked Money Market Accounts and Savings Accounts APY for Houston and the highest I found was 1%.

If you got creative with investing, sure, its easy to earn greater than 1%. But not with 0% risk. 1% seems to be pretty reasonable considering the current rates
Old 05-31-2011   #35
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Someone needs to bust out the PSL or season ticket contract. I bet the language in the contract we signed pretty much says we have to pay no matter what.

In fact, I think it says if you miss the payment deadline your seats go 'poof,' so they're actually beding by letting folks just put 25% down.

Sooo....... Sorry it seems unfair, but it IS the golden rule, those who have the gold rule.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #36
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Funny, how McClain is reporting nothing new....
Ever.

lol
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 05-31-2011   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Sooo....... Sorry it seems unfair, but it IS the golden rule, those who have the gold rule.
Old 05-31-2011   #38
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Someone needs to bust out the PSL or season ticket contract. I bet the language in the contract we signed pretty much says we have to pay no matter what.

In fact, I think it says if you miss the payment deadline your seats go 'poof,' so they're actually beding by letting folks just put 25% down.

To reply to a private note I got - 'what if all PSL holders bailed?'

I agree, if all the PSL holders bailed the Texans would be caught with their pants down - but I bet within 60 days would have them all re-sold. Then the joke is on us sitting at home.

It is like people saying 'I'm not going to renew my season tickets and we'll teach the Texans a lesson about the crap on the field' - we all know that just doesn't work because so many of us are not willing to give up our season tickets or psl's.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 05-31-2011   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To reply to a private note I got - 'what if all PSL holders bailed?'

I agree, if all the PSL holders bailed the Texans would be caught with their pants down - but I bet within 60 days would have them all re-sold. Then the joke is on us sitting at home.

It is like people saying 'I'm not going to renew my season tickets and we'll teach the Texans a lesson about the crap on the field' - we all know that just doesn't work because so many of us are not willing to give up our season tickets or psl's.
I don't know how many PSLs would be bought up in this economy. There are probably enough PSL holders out there that would want to go back to the old days, where you hold season tickets with the option of renewal or upgrade or even downgrade.
Old 05-31-2011   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
To Then the joke is on us sitting at home.
That all depends on what you consider the punchline to that joke, my friend.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read