Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2011   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any training dates scheduled?

I saw on NFLN yesterday that the Ravens had a practice that was put on by the players. Does anyone know if we have a player(s) here that is going to step up and be "that guy" to rally the troops? I would hate for every one of them to just be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for the lockout to end before coming together as a group. Someone has to be the leader and get this thing going. Those young guys are going to need a lot of work. I understand we are starting a new D scheme, but football fundamentals and NFL speed are the same and that's something that the young guys are really going to need to get a jump on. Our offense is going to be the same, so those guys just need to kick the rust off and get it going.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #2
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any training dates scheduled?

I think Matt Schaub has been leading some practices and workout for the past couple of weeks now. They are practicing at Rice's facilities I think? Correct me if I am wrong.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
I think Matt Schaub has been leading some practices and workout for the past couple of weeks now. They are practicing at Rice's facilities I think? Correct me if I am wrong.
I hope you're right. From what I remember seeing, the only Texans stuff that makes the local news is when they are playing in some sort of golf tournament for charity.
Old 05-25-2011   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They said it during NFL Networks 32 in 32 segment on the Texans yesterday.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #5
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...practices.html

Here is a link, it is the only one I could find over it. I didn't check the nfl.com or chron.com archives yet. I am sure it is in their somewhere though, between Wade Phillips hiring and all his golfing events.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
They said it during NFL Networks 32 in 32 segment on the Texans yesterday.
OK, thanks. I only caught the last 15 minutes or so of the show and didn't see that part. I recorded the 10:00 pm showing, but figured I'd watch it when I got home. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 05-26-2011   #7
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Leach and David Anderson have posted pictures of all the guys working out on Twitter.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2011   #8
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...practices.html

Here is a link, it is the only one I could find over it. I didn't check the nfl.com or chron.com archives yet. I am sure it is in their somewhere though, between Wade Phillips hiring and all his golfing events.
Thanks for the link! The article reports that 2 dozen Texans player showed up. I wonder who they were?
Old 05-26-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

May 19th via Leach's twitter:

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

River McCown just posted this.

Quote:
The Texans offense has worked like a well-oiled machine in this regard. Theyíve been meeting almost since the day of the lockout, usually practicing at Rice Stadium. Itís not a surprise that they are the better organized of the two Texans units, seeing as how the defense has a whole lot more to take in, but itís looking like the offense will be NFL-ready by the start of the season.

The defense is a different matter. Captain DeMeco Ryans is rehabbing his injuries on his own at the University Of Alabama. Some of the defensive players are working out against the offense, and some of them are working out at an entirely different location. It also doesnít help matters that the defense has many more rookies than the offense, and thus is much less tight-knit at this point.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read