Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wade Says Opponent will have to hold on to their rear ends......

..................because WE'RE COMING AFTER THEM!

In this video he addresses the Quinn issue..........and he explains his philosophy concerning the different types of NTs that he has had and how he has successfully employed them to their individual strengths in his schemes.

VIDEO
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Says Opponent will have to hold on to their rear ends......

Well, he kind of addressed the Quinn issue- we'll take a look at it. He sounded much less confident in the secondary than he did addressing the front 7/nt issues. All in all, a nice video.
Old 05-22-2011   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he can use his "Rock Star" abilities () to make the D into an ass kicking machine!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 185201 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I just realized that Rick Dennison played ILB under Phillips. Maybe the Texans should go ahead and change their uniform colors to orange & navy?
Old 05-22-2011   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he would've singled out Peyton Manning, that would've gotten my attention. I've heard this song before, now show me something.
Old 05-22-2011   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52456 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I do remember Krueger (maybe Krager ?) up in Denver but didn't know Wade was coaching the Broncos then ? He was real small, but that was awhile back when 250-260 wouldn't be a midget for an inside defensive lineman as it surely would be today. Still I'm almost convinced now that Wade won't get a larger guy to play nose during free agency (whenever that finally happens).
Thanks for the vid C&D.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Well, he kind of addressed the Quinn issue- we'll take a look at it. He sounded much less confident in the secondary than he did addressing the front 7/nt issues. All in all, a nice video.
"We just have alot of young Defensive Backs...you know............and that's a bit of a concern"

Sounds like someone is going to tell Mcnair he needs a veteran.

BTW, anyone else see that Wade doing the majority of the interviews as kind of weird? Something tells me he's using the media to communicate with players. I'm prepared for everyone to call me crazy but it's almost like he's specifically telling everyone where a player is going to play etc....just so they can get the hint on what to be studying or something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2011   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I do remember Krueger (maybe Krager ?) up in Denver but didn't know Wade was coaching the Broncos then ?
Greg Kragan was the guy NFL Films immortalized when it captured him on the sidelines of the Super Bowl, while his Denver team was getting blown out by San Francisco, saying:

"Un-f##king-believable!"

But, hey, if Wade gets the Texans to a Super Bowl where they get blown out I'll be happier with this organization than I am now.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Blah, blah, blah!! Its all BS until they end the f'ing lockout! Enough of this already, its really starting to piss me off.
Old 05-22-2011   #10
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
But, hey, if Wade gets the Texans to a Super Bowl where they get blown out I'll be happier with this organization than I am now.
Yup, as a Texans fan I think I can live with getting blown out in the SB.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds good.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Sounds good.
It does sound good, really good. It's to bad I can't get as pumped up about it as I used to. One thing I feel very certain about, is that our defense will be much improved this year. The thing is, when you are as bad as they were last year, being much improved doesn't mean you are a kick ass defense yet. "Much improved" for the Texans can still mean being the 20th ranked defense instead of the worst. Which might not be good enough to slip into the playoffs.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best because I want playoffs this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice video and thanks for posting it. I don't have any reason to doubt Wade and his talent, but the Texans are a team that has disappointed in such tremendous manner that it is very hard for me to get excited. But I hope Wade will indeed make us a respectable defensive team. I don't think most of us are asking or looking for us to turn into the Steelers (it would be nice), but an above average unit that doesn't give up game winning plays in the last moments of a game. We'll take that at this point.
Old 05-24-2011   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It does sound good, really good. It's to bad I can't get as pumped up about it as I used to. One thing I feel very certain about, is that our defense will be much improved this year. The thing is, when you are as bad as they were last year, being much improved doesn't mean you are a kick ass defense yet. "Much improved" for the Texans can still mean being the 20th ranked defense instead of the worst. Which might not be good enough to slip into the playoffs.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best because I want playoffs this year.
Agreed but just for optimistic reference, we averaged scoring more points than the 20th D averaged giving up last year.
Old 05-24-2011   #15
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows, maybe the defense will kick ass and the offense will suck next season...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
..................because WE'RE COMING AFTER THEM!

Talk is cheap, Richard Smith and Frank Bush talked a bunch of shit as well. I think we'll have a better defense next year because we really can't get any worse, but I think it will take more than one draft to build a good defense.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I got outta the Quinn question:

Will Quinn play safety, based on what you've seen in videos?

Answer: Yes, based on what I've seen in all the videos, he can and will play safety; BUT, in reality, I cannot make that kind of decision based on videos. WE NEED TO END THE LOCKOUT AND LET ME GET TO WORK WITH THESE GUYS, because I can't really tell you jack (about the secondary) until then.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Blah, blah, blah!! Its all BS until they end the f'ing lockout! Enough of this already, its really starting to piss me off.
Agree 100%. I could care less if Wade came out, breathed fire and broke Chuck Norris's spirit. Until the lockout is lifted (for good and not just until the next branch of government starts it back up) I'm numb to it all.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Talk is cheap, Richard Smith and Frank Bush talked a bunch of shit as well. I think we'll have a better defense next year because we really can't get any worse, but I think it will take more than one draft to build a good defense.
Yes, but there's one huge difference you obviously chose to dismiss. Wade's been there, done it and has done so more than once. Neither Bush or Smith had any defensive coordinator experience before being hired by the Texans.
Old 05-25-2011   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If a grown man told me to "hold on to my rear end" because "I'm coming for it" I'd get a very suspicious feeling. What exactly is he implying?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read