Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite three helmets
WPFL Houston Energy 0 0%
WFL Houston Texans 5 7.46%
USFL Houston Gamblers 37 55.22%
SPFL Houston Marshels 8 11.94%
RFL Houston Outlaws 11 16.42%
NFL Houston Oilers 30 44.78%
NFL Houston Texans 30 44.78%
AFL Houston Thunderbears 0 0%
AFL Texas Terror 1 1.49%
AF2 Texas Copperheads 1 1.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2011   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best Houston Helmets

OK, here we go with version two. Maybe I'll get it right this time. Please vote for your favorite helmets.

OK, vote for your favorite pro or semi-pro team's helmet. These are all the past and current teams I could find. I'll try and set it to where you can pick three, maybe two, but one if it's my only option. I haven't done a poll here before.

OK, just found out I can't post 10 images per post, so there will be a second post with the rest of the helmets. Please refer to that before voting. thanks.

Women's Pro Football League, the Houston Energy

The WFL Houston Texans

The USFL Houston Gamblers

The Spring Football League Houston Marshals

The Regional Football League Houston Outlaws

The Houston Oilers

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Houston Helmets

and the rest of the helmets

The NFL Houston Texans

The AFL Houston Thunderbears

based in Houston, the AFL Texas Terror

based in Houston, the AFL2 Texas Copperheads - they actually played in Katy

Old 05-20-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also?

EDIT: I voted the Gamblers. I always loved those helmets and uniforms.
Old 05-20-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

I just remembered the current Houston Stallions. Damn. But I can't get but 10 options in a poll anyway. Sorry about that.

Also, I went for the last Oiler helmet. Multiple Oiler helmets wouldn't have made it anyway due to the ten option limit in a poll.

Old 05-20-2011   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

the white oilers helmet with the gray facemask is the best, IMO.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Also?

Loved the silver helmets!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

If you want a history of pro football helmets, here's a good link. It's what I used for the images.

http://www.misterhabs.com/helmets.htm

Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Best Houston helmet Evah?

Old 05-20-2011   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Best Houston helmet Evah?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Oilers and Texans, don't really care about the rest. It's just a helmet, the mascot and name are much more important to me. If there was any chance of Houston getting the rights to the Oilers back, I would have preferred that. C'est la vie.
Old 05-20-2011   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the colors of the Oilers, but that Gamblers logo is way too badass to not vote for. No hate on the Texans name/logo, its pretty damn good when compared to other logos in the NFL, but Oilers & Gamblers sound and look much better to me.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Well, since I started the poll, I'll give ya my opinion. For number 1, it's a choice between the Gamblers and Oilers, the Texans come in third. Somewhere after that it would be the Terror or the Marshels, then the rest.

If you want to pin me down, it will be the Gamblers had the best all time helmet in Houston.

Old 05-20-2011   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I voted for the only three football teams that mattered to the history of professional football in Houston. My picks in order of favorites, Gamblers, Oilers, then the Texans. I'm sure one Super Bowl will put the Texans to the top of the list
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #14
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I tried to be as objective as I could but ended up deciding between Oilers/Texans, I guess I've had a little too much koolaid. Anywho, I asked the old lady which one she thought looked best and she said Gamblers so that's what I voted.
Old 05-20-2011   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted Gamblers.

The Oilers.....love the blue and silver helmets, but that white helmet was high school looking IMO.

Maybe it's just me...but when I watch the old highlight films, sometimes I can't tell the difference between them and the Dolphins until the camera zooms in.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

I guess Bill didn't read the part where the ladies team is the Houston Energy, because they don't have a vote yet. I'm willing to bet strong, physical, sweaty ladies are on his list of things to do. LOL

Old 05-21-2011   #17
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Oilers all the way!!

My first football team...those were the days...
Old 05-22-2011   #18
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've heard of the Marshals before, but they had a nice helmet. I voted Oilers though; I just like everything about their uniforms. The Texans unis are cool and all, but I still put them at second.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I will always feel the Oilers helmet (white with red face mask) is the best because that's what I grew up with and I like our Texans' name and logo. However, if I were putting a team together that Outlaws helmet would really be nice to see on Sunday.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I like the Marshalls helmet myself.

But I do like the name for the ThunderBears.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read