Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2011   #81
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans helmets not bad ass???

I don't get the love for the Chargers helmets. I liked their blue ones better.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #82
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #83
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We were Oilers. We should have stayed Oilers. Update the colors if you want. Update the logo too but the name should have never been allowed to leave this city. We screwed that up bigtime.
There should be a NFL rule...if a team moves, the colors and name stays with the city. Like what happened in Cleveland.
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #84
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

"Texans" is the kind of obvious, safe, bland, unimaginative nickname you'd expect somebody like MaNair to choose for his Houston-based team. Also maybe he thought the nickname would appeal to fans outside of Houston, but he really should have concentrated on securing the patronage of Houstonians and taken any support of other Texas residents outside of the city as icing on the cake.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #85
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Are the Texans helmets not bad ass???
Apparently not as bad ass as the Gamblers helmet according to my poll. Still it's a very good helmet. Like a lot of folks around here, I didn't really like the team name when it was first announced, but I loved the logo.

Now, of course, I like the name. Just hope this year they do something to push that name into the NFL fans mindset.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #86
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The bar might not have been set very high, but the Texans have never even come close to it in a decade regardless.
Well that's fine. They still have another 40 years of ineptitude to go before they match the other team that used to play here, so I'm not that worried about it right now. The only thing I miss about those teams are some of the individual players. I could care less about that franchise as a whole anymore.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #87
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
"Texans" is the kind of obvious, safe, bland, unimaginative nickname you'd expect somebody like MaNair to choose for his Houston-based team. Also maybe he thought the nickname would appeal to fans outside of Houston, but he really should have concentrated on securing the patronage of Houstonians and taken any support of other Texas residents outside of the city as icing on the cake.
Let's see. He has one of the longest consecutive streaks of sellouts in the league and has one of the best supported and most valuable sports franchises. Something tells me he already "secured the patronage of Houstonians".
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2011   #88
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans logo is arguably a fantastic work of art. I think it single-handedly saved the franchise from what is frankly a lousy name. When the name was announced prior to the logo reveal there were a number of skeptics and nearly all of them were placated by the logo and colors. It looks good.

Over the past decade however I feel like the logo hasn't aged as well as I thought it would. The helmets from the front have these two stupid little red cartoon "devil horns" on them. I don't know if that was intentional or not but they look silly to me.

In my case it's like this. I thought our helmet was bad ass when it was first revealed. Today I think it's not the worst helmet out there but we could have done better. It's not going to be a "classic" I don't believe.
Old 05-23-2011   #89
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

They could have come up with a better 5 that made the final cut but of the ones that did; Apollos, Bobcats, Stallions, Texans and Wildcatters, and even though I thought it was stupid at first, I'm glad they went with Texans.

Wildcatters? Really? Bobcats are Takei. I just don't see the connection with Stallions. The only other possibility would have been Apollos even though that was a bad minor league hockey team here in the early 80's. And you think the "Houston, we have a problem" thing is worn out now, being called Apollos would have made that 100 times worse, especially with the play the last 9 years.

I'm good with Texans, I'm good with the helmet and logo and the uniforms. Just wish they'd stop with the 1,000 different combinations........oh, and start winning! Don't give a crap if they wear polkadots if they just win.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
THIS is what I want back.. this was houston and people knew it. I was barely alive for the oilers but man do I love that helmet.

I do like the helmet, but I never liked the columbia blue.

Red, White, & (manly) Blue.... those are my colors.

I love the Texans Helmet & Logo & the whole bull theme, with out being called the toros or heffers or moos....

The robot bull animation they play before/during the games are awesome, along with Thunderstruck..

I love the Texans.
Old 05-23-2011   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Of course, I would have considered the Houston Caballeros

Old 05-23-2011   #92
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I love the Texans Helmet & Logo & the whole bull theme, with out being called the toros or heffers or moos....

The robot bull animation they play before/during the games are awesome, along with Thunderstruck..

I love the Texans.

Even though I think it's really, really cheesy I have to admit I always enjoy that.

I had no idea that the fans were going to be the ones "thunderstruck" though. They should do a video with the Bull running around the stadium while we're getting our asses beat pounding fans who boo or leave early.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 05-24-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #93
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I love the Texans.
This team introduced me to ACDC. Love "Thunderstruck".
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read