Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2011   #61
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans helmets not bad ass???

I like our logo and helmets

its like it pops out at U its like u can kinda see the texans flag in there

and the best thing from the front view the two red horns stick out so oppesing teams just see these two devil horns when they see us from the front and the back
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #62
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the logo. I'll admit that when I heard the name I was in full WTF mode but it's grown on me. Once I heard what the alternates were I was definitely okay with it.
Old 05-19-2011   #63
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I was talking about, which apparently is an old WFL uniform.

Though, the Texans have adopted the logo, as I have a shirt with it in red, white, and blue.

I would have much preferred this, though.
Old 05-19-2011   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I've said this in many threads over the years. I think the helmets look cartoonish and "expansion" like. I think some of the combo unis are cool and all but the helmet..not so much.

Chargers and Cowboys have been my favorites since I was a kid. Raiders is cool and I like the old but recent Jets helmet.

But none are as good as the USFL Michigan Panthers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BS!!

Old 05-19-2011   #65
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BS!!

Best of all time IMO.

Could have adopted the whole uni, name and colors, I would have no complaints.

Old 05-19-2011   #66
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts whole jersey is so bland and blah its awful. Pats, Bucs, Raiders have some of the best. Texans gear looks good, but I hate the all white and all red. Red with white pants is cool, as would red pants with white(i think)
Old 05-19-2011   #67
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LOL, I think some of y'all are reading way too much into their dicision making process. They simply took the Texas flag and colors and made a uniform design and logo. They took things that symbolized the state of Texas and combined it into a team name and uniform.

BTW, I love the team name, logo, and uniform.
I just don't like the results, fix the results and then these uniform, logo, yada yada yada will suddenly become more "memorable". They're not memorable, because the Texans haven't done jack shit worth remembering.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

And yes, they also need to win. Soon.

Carry on...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2011   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

This is what I was talking about, which apparently is an old WFL uniform.

Though, the Texans have adopted the logo, as I have a shirt with it in red, white, and blue.

I would have much preferred this, though.
I wonder if they've actually purchased it. I cranked a copy of that old logo out years ago in the current Texans colors and thought it looked much better than what we are using today.

I was planning on getting some caps made and maybe a t-shirt.

If the Texans now own the old WFL logo that could be problematic.
Old 05-19-2011   #69
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I wonder if they've actually purchased it. I cranked a copy of that old logo out years ago in the current Texans colors and thought it looked much better than what we are using today.

I was planning on getting some caps made and maybe a t-shirt.

If the Texans now own the old WFL logo that could be problematic.
The logo on the shirt I have is slightly modified, so you might be OK. I'll poke around the internet and see if I can find a picture of it.

edit -- Here it is:
Old 05-19-2011   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BS!!

Yes! I still have my Gamblers baseball cap!!

They had a fantastic logo and helmet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 373761 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, I think some of y'all are reading way too much into their dicision making process. They simply took the Texas flag and colors and made a uniform design and logo. They took things that symbolized the state of Texas and combined it into a team name and uniform.
I don't think it's reading too much into it to understand that marketing an expansion team was a priority, which is understandable. They worked hard to find something that had mass appeal, and it worked.

Quote:
BTW, I love the team name, logo, and uniform. I just don't like the results, fix the results and then these uniform, logo, yada yada yada will suddenly become more "memorable". They're not memorable, because the Texans haven't done jack shit worth remembering.
I don't disagree with you. I like the logo and colors, as well, and the name is what it is, so I'm used to it and accept it.

And no doubt that winning would change lots of perceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You don't find calling yourself a Brown bomber to be funniest in least?
lol! That's hilarious! I'm not a fan of the Browns, and never cared for the helmet. I remember being confused as a kid by the Bengals and Browns, both in the AFC Central with the Oilers, because they both had brown helmets before the Bengals went with stripes.

I only knew the stuff about Paul Brown from a documentary on NFLN. I watch that channel way too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm confused - are you talking about the Browns that moved to Baltimore for financial reasons and became the Ravens, or the Browns that took their place and are one of the few teams to have a worse record during the years the Texans have been in the league?
Just the Cleveland Browns, circa 1946.

Quote:
Yeah, I know all about the "love ya blue days", but even in the highlight of that franchise's glory days.....read the bold.

The bar wasn't set very high, we just need our current team to finally go on some playoff runs.
The bar might not have been set very high, but the Texans have never even come close to it in a decade regardless.
Old 05-19-2011   #72
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Can't stand our name, but our logo is pretty solid and original.
whut he sed
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #73
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

This poll is legit. Hands down the chargers and steelers take this one and two for obvious reasons. Surprisingly I don't see Cincinnati. Objectively speaking their helmets are really cool. Subjectively we all associate them with not really won anything, but there was that one time during the Icky Woods's "era"... I don't know. Close to the advent of the the "Bud Bowl". Maybe it was Bud Bowl III. It was a long time ago. How about that Jerry Rice anyways... I was just a kid then. Same goes for the Titans and Texans both so as well I suppose. Never really win anything, never really win these polls.

You know. I don't really think there is anything special about the Chiefs helmet. The fact they made that list is horse$#!t.
Old 05-20-2011   #74
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I've said this in many threads over the years. I think the helmets look cartoonish and "expansion" like. I think some of the combo unis are cool and all but the helmet..not so much.

Chargers and Cowboys have been my favorites since I was a kid. Raiders is cool and I like the old but recent Jets helmet.

But none are as good as the USFL Michigan Panthers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Looks like the Thundercats symbol.
Old 05-20-2011   #75
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Looks like the Thundercats symbol.
Michigan Panthers HOOOOOOOO!

In regards to the thread -

I'm a fan of the colors, and uniform. I still think the Houston Toros would be a much more badass name. The logo = BEAST.
Old 05-20-2011   #76
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, this is what needs to happen. If no one else picks this up today, I'll do it this evening or Saturday. We need a poll (and pictures) of ALL the helmets of ALL the pro football teams that have ever arisen in Houston and we deciede who had the most bad ass helmet in Houston of all time. If someone does this today, make sure you research your history and leagues, because there have actually been a number of football teams in Houston's history from various leagues.

Selections should also include any Arena league teams as well, since they are "professional". Including our current and apparently ass kicking Stallions.

Old 05-20-2011   #77
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the minority here I know but I like the team name and I think our logo is the best in the league.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #78
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
OK, this is what needs to happen. If no one else picks this up today, I'll do it this evening or Saturday. We need a poll (and pictures) of ALL the helmets of ALL the pro football teams that have ever arisen in Houston and we deciede who had the most bad ass helmet in Houston of all time. If someone does this today, make sure you research your history and leagues, because there have actually been a number of football teams in Houston's history from various leagues.

Selections should also include any Arena league teams as well, since they are "professional". Including our current and apparently ass kicking Stallions.
I hate to quote myself, but, just in case anyone else is working on this, I've found a couple of odd ball leagues that had Houston teams, one being a female pro team. We've had quite a few helmets pass through this town. LOL

So if someone else is working on this, get with me so we don't leave anything out. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2011   #79
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, the Texans have the coolest helmet and uniforms in the league. The worst has to be the Browns. Others who have cool helmet/uniforms are the Falcons, Chargers, and Broncos.
Old 05-20-2011   #80
gwallaia

Rep Power: 82734 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think the Chiefs and Cowboys have the best helmet logos followed by the old Buffalo Bills logo with the buffalo just standing there.

The Titans logo and their crapastic uniforms are simply the worst, not only in the NFL but in all of sports. And I'm not just saying that because I detest the Titans organization. I'm sure Bipolar and all Titan fans would have to agree.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read