Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-14-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What is this Bull with Ochocinco?

Riding a bull.........what is he thinking?????

PFT:

Quote:
Chad Ochocinco thrown off bull in 1.5 seconds
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 14, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT

APChad Ochocinco didn’t last long in his bullriding debut Saturday night. He’s just lucky he didn’t get maimed during his adventure in bullriding on Saturday night.

Ochocinco was thrown off a bull named Deja Blu in 1.5 seconds. That’s 6.5 seconds short of what he needed to win $100,000 and a chance to re-name the bull. (He was considering naming the bull after his coach. The idea sounds familiar.)

Based on a replay we watched, the bull nearly stepped on Ochocinco after tossing him aside. (Yes, that’s Ochocinco on the ground in the picture.) The Bengals receiver quickly got up and jumped on a nearby gate to avoid further harm.

We give Ochocinco credit for following through on a dare that was a lot more dangerous than trying out for professional soccer. We’re looking forward to seeing what he’ll try next.

Versus will air the event Saturday night at 11 p.m. ET.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is this Bull with Ochocinco?

NFL players cant ride motrcycles but they can ride a bull? I don't get it.

Also, I thought his name had been changed back to Chad Johnson?
Old 05-14-2011   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
NFL players cant ride motrcycles but they can ride a bull? I don't get it.

Technically no one is an NFL player right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
IIRC, Reebok told him he could change his name back to CJ as soon as he bought their surplus of Ochocinco jerseys. I could be wrong.
Old 05-14-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
IIRC, Reebok told him he could change his name back to CJ as soon as he bought their surplus of Ochocinco jerseys. I could be wrong.
Wasn't that why he had to delay changing his name from Johnson to Ochocinco?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wasn't that why he had to delay changing his name from Johnson to Ochocinco?
He paid $4 million for that change.
Old 05-14-2011   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He paid $4 million for that change.
Just wasting money away.

Personally I don't understand why people still care about him anymore. I just don't see what people find funny or entertaining about the guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2011   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This ***** does realize that bullriding is extremely dangerous, right? What a moron.
Old 05-15-2011   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Just wasting money away.

Personally I don't understand why people still care about him anymore. I just don't see what people find funny or entertaining about the guy.
This.
Old 05-15-2011   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Playing in the NFL is hard enough, but he disagreed that bull riding presented a major risk to his longevity.

"No, every down is a risk to my career," he said. "Every time I wake up in the morning there's a risk to life in general. You never know what's going to happen. One of the things about me is I'm extremely interesting, I'm unpredictable and I am willing to do anything."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/...9jaW5jb3JpZA--
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Quote:
Playing in the NFL is hard enough, but he disagreed that bull riding presented a major risk to his longevity.
"No, every down is a risk to my career," he said. "Every time I wake up in the morning there's a risk to life in general. You never know what's going to happen. One of the things about me is I'm extremely interesting, I'm unpredictable and I am willing to do anything."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/...9jaW5jb3JpZA--
Exactly what an NFL team wants to hear.

Old 05-15-2011   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Exactly what an NFL team wants to hear.

Isn't he a Free Agent? Perhaps working out, getting himself into the best possible shape, or working on route running may be a better use of his time.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Isn't he a Free Agent? Perhaps working out, getting himself into the best possible shape, or working on route running may be a better use of his time.
He actually has one more year left on his contract, but pretty much everyone (including Ochocinco himself) is expecting the Bengals to let him go sometime after the lockout ends.
Old 05-16-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

We're gonna single out him for being an *****....but not pro bull riders?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #15
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a bunch of haters hating in here.
Old 05-16-2011   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like Chad. Since I started following him on twitter he's kinda grown on me a bit. He's great with the fans and treats everyone with respect. Sure, he's a bit of a showboat, but a lot of it is for the fans.

The only thing that might irk me a bit with him, is when he brings up things between he and his team that he probably should keep in house. Then again, a lot of that is for show too
Old 05-16-2011   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
That term "hating" really is so overused at this point that it's practically lost it's meaning.

You could say that about anyone who forms a negative opinion about someone or something. The key is, are those negative thoughts valid and do they have substance to them? Well obviously they do with an attention whore who cares a lot more about getting twitter followers and attention from people than he does as far as being a football player. He's violating his contract by riding a bull for one, because he could get injured. If I was a dedicated Bengals fan, I'd be pretty ticked off if any player was doing that. He also has caused a lot of problems in that locker room over the years and has proven that he's more about himself and his self promotion than his team. He always has been.
Old 05-16-2011   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked more like a rodeo clown than a bull rider.
Old 05-16-2011   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
Here is what Chad said as well about this whole ordeal that might give you a better idea of why people bash this clown.

"I'm sure my coach was probably [upset], I mean, I would be, too. I'm sure the NFL is [upset], but I don't follow their rules anyway."

That's the substance I was talking about earlier. Chad's a POS. He openly admits that he knows this will upset his coach and that he'd be upset to if he was the coach, but that he doesn't care about any of that and he wants to do it any way. Then he even says the league will probably be upset, but he doesn't care, because he'll never follow their rules. The guy is like 31 years old or whatever, but still acts like a 13 year old. If you've studied his history as a player going back to HS and college he's had horrible relationships with every coach he's ever had and he's never learned from any of that.

And the fact that he's literally that stupid to openly admit that he doesn't follow NFL rules and that he's perfectly happy pissing off the league office and his coach is exactly why he is thought of more as a clown these days than a player.
Old 05-16-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Asd a guy who spent roughly 17 years of my life competing in rodeos (calf roping and then later on steer wrestling) I can tell you that (a) Those who are GOOD at riding bulls are still insane even though they are good at it, and (b) those who are trying it for giggles are worse than insane...there's no words to describe it.

Riding a bull is extremely dangerous. I have never tried it, and I one time had a dream that my parents were forcing me to do it at a rodeo...I woke up in a cold sweat and my heart was pounding out of my chest because THAT is how badly I do NOT want to ever do it.

Bulls are unpredictable. And large. And generally angry all the time, looking for ways to take out their problems on other things much smaller than them.

Chad Johnson is fortunate that he didn't suffer major damage. I saw the clip, and all he did was basically slide off right out of the chute, which I am sure was his plan: Make it out of the chute and just slide off. But what he fails to realize is that those bulls, when they sense you sliding off, they turn from trying to get you off their back and into trying to adjust their angles so as to gore you or step on you.

All of my 17 years of rodeo'ing I have never understood why bull riding was allowed as a regular mainstay of rodeos. The other events, such as bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, team roping, and steer wrestling, are all rooted in practical ranching methods of securing and/or doctoring or branding cattle and/or breaking horses from the wild. Bull riding is just a freak show event that people want to watch for the thrill of seeing if a guy can do it and live to tell about it.

And all us timed event guys (the ropers and steer wrestlers) hated bullr iders because the bull riding event takes forever to be done with....due to the propensity of those guys to get hurt and then need in-the-arena medical assistance. Generally speaking, nobody involved in competing in rodeos really likes bull riding nor bull riders all that much. They're a different breed of cat, and they are loners who stick to their group and us timed event guys stick to ours.

/rant

I just think Chad is lucky. He could have been hurt badly. One wrong step by the bull and it's over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read