Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing: Message to Cromartie........

.........come rejoin your old coach...........and spread your seed in Houston............

Quote:
@briancushing56
Brian Cushing
I've flown cross country trying to convince my boy @A_Cromartie31 to become a Texan. What you think Houston?
10 May via Twitter for iPhone
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing: Message to Cromartie........

Talented player, not sure if he would meet the character requirements.
Old 05-14-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Talented player, not sure if he would meet the character requirements.
If you're talking about him having a ton of kids and not being able to remember their names, I don't think that's as big of a deal as somebody who winds up on the police blotter all the time. I mean we did take Cushing even though there were a ton of stories about him and steroids.
Old 05-14-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If you're talking about him having a ton of kids and not being able to remember their names, I don't think that's as big of a deal as somebody who winds up on the police blotter all the time. I mean we did take Cushing even though there were a ton of stories about him and steroids.
Gee, I wonder where they got that idea.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

So are the Texan unofficially pursuing Cromartie? If the team isn't interested why would a player recruit another player without consent? I think the Texans are interested but due to the work stoppage, players are doing some behind the scene recruiting.
Old 05-14-2011   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring him in.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Would not be a bad choice but there are others that I would chase first.
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2011   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

With our affordable housing and no state taxes , he might be able to but some Trojans .
Old 05-14-2011   #9
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are any players friends with or former teammates with Jonathan Joseph?? He's my target...
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not interested and more importantly, neither will be McNair.
Old 05-14-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
So are the Texan unofficially pursuing Cromartie? If the team isn't interested why would a player recruit another player without consent? I think the Texans are interested but due to the work stoppage, players are doing some behind the scene recruiting.
I wouldn't read too much into it.

Teams can not have any contact with any players. Cushing is doing this on his own.

I doubt this team would openly pursue Cromartie.
Old 05-14-2011   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't read too much into it.

Teams can not have any contact with any players. Cushing is doing this on his own.

I doubt this team would openly pursue Cromartie.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but there is a chance that during the time period when the lockout was "over", Texans may have instructed their players to reach out to guys they were interested in.
Old 05-14-2011   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans obviousley prefer High Character Guys, but there were talks with Benson when he was just coming off his issues.

Also the Wild Card is Wade. Wade isn't afraid to go after guys with issues. The cowboys had Adam "Make it Rain" Jones, and Tank "NRA Member" Johnson during Wade's time there if I recall.

How much control was Wade promised with the Defense???????
Old 05-14-2011   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the real question is, what does Wade think of Cromartie? He didn't see the field much his rookie season (though he was only a year removed from ACL surgery). Cromartie's breakout season (10 ints) was 2007, when Wade was in Dallas.

Apparently, Cromartie has been working out at DeFrancos Gym with Cushing. So I don't think this has anything to do with the Texans directing Brian to sell athletes on coming to Houston. And other than liking women (lots of women) and not liking condoms, I'm not sure what character problems Cromartie has. He's married now, and from his twitter page, really into religion.

The question is, does Wade like Cromartie or does Wade like Cromartie more than other CBs available. As a Texan fan, I've seen the damage he can inflict to an offense (2 ints and a TD in '07). Cromartie also has 4 career INTs vs Peyton Manning, and has never lost to Manning in the playoffs. Outside of Asomugha, I don't think there is a better FA CB available.
Old 05-14-2011   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe our char guy policy will change

It will stay the same for our offensive but we will have bad boys for our defensive if wade has the power to pick his own guys
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Man, with all of the strip clubs we have Cromartie would probably have like 3 kids on the way by mid season after he stepped foot into Treasures and Onyx.

As far as Cromartie helping the secondary, he would some but he's not that great of a corner really. He's a great athlete with great speed but his reputation mainly stems from that 2007 season, because he had a lot of picks. That Jets defense and great pass rush made things a lot easier for him last season. I don't think he'd have that crutch here. He'd be an upgrade though, so I'd welcome the move as long as we weren't paying him much. He isn't worth a big contract.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Cromartie fan although he;d be an upgrade over what we have now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #18
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Also the Wild Card is Wade. Wade isn't afraid to go after guys with issues. The cowboys had Adam "Make it Rain" Jones, and Tank "NRA Member" Johnson during Wade's time there if I recall.

How much control was Wade promised with the Defense???????
You got it all wrong, JERRY JONES is the one who was never afraid to go after those guys, and will routinely do so whether his coaches/coordinators have an issue with their character or not
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #19
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a Cromartie fan although he;d be an upgrade over what we have now.
That's not saying much. I really don't like the guy - he is decent in coverage, mainly because it seems like he gets his hands on a lot of deflections. My big issue is the fact that he is a downright liability in run coverage. I think he is allergic to the ball carrier - he has no problem stopping them from catching it, but once that happens, he wants no part of the play.

I remember SD fans wanting to get rid of him so bad because of a few plays where he was between the ball carrier and the goal line, and he just kinda jogged around until they got passed him - made no effort to stop them.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #20
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vupac1 View Post
You got it all wrong, JERRY JONES is the one who was never afraid to go after those guys, and will routinely do so whether his coaches/coordinators have an issue with their character or not
I think you are 100% correct on this, wade's draft picks this year all had the same thing in common - they were hard working try hard types. This seems to be a stark difference from the guys he got as a FA in Dallas, which to me screams of Jerry Jones.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read