Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carmichael--a story made for a movie.

I found this piece in of all places, the Washington Post. Very lengthy and complete story on a kid that has come to carry the nickname "Roc." Reading this gives me a feeling of an upcoming sequel to the "Rocky" movies.

NFL lockout puts Rashad Carmichael’s career with the Houston Texans on hold

Quote:
Growing up in nearby Clinton, Carmichael was given the nickname “Roc” by his father, a retired Air Force master sergeant at Andrews Air Force Base. Carmichael was barely 5 years old when they began their training. Up at 7 a.m., and out the door. Every day.

“My dad would never make me do it,” Carmichael says. “He’d tell me and my brother, ‘You don’t have to be here. But if you want to be great, I’ll show you how.’ ”

The boys wore harnesses around their small waists and pulled a large tire attached to a rope. They sprinted up the hills in Cosca Regional Park. Their legs pumped as hard as they could, but a homemade parachute behind them kept the boys from going too fast.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carmichael--a story made for a movie.

That's a real "feel good" story. Fits right in with what the Texans like in a person. I'm rooting for him.
Old 05-14-2011   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not needing to go buy cars and gold chains and all that stuff"
OK, that's what hooked me, that's when I definitely became a "Roc" fan.
Very serious, mature, descent, responsible young man.
We've sure drafted a bunch of corners in recent years, sooner or later just like in throwing darts we are bound to hit the bullseye with one of them ? And wouldn't it be great if it was this young man, since you gotta really pull for him.
Really good story, and nice find C&D. Thanks !
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
We've sure drafted a bunch of corners in recent years, sooner or later just like in throwing darts we are bound to hit the bullseye with one of them ? And wouldn't it be great if it was this young man, since you gotta really pull for him.
That would be great. There are too many great players that are bad people in sports.
Old 05-14-2011   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I suffer from Texans DB syndrome. Anytime Rick Smith/Gary Kubiak picks a DB in the NFL draft I immediately assume that they are going to end up terrible by year 2 and be out of the NFL by year 4.
Old 05-14-2011   #6
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that he's wearing Diamond Turfs in that pic.

Word to Primetime
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #7
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I suffer from Texans DB syndrome. Anytime Rick Smith/Gary Kubiak picks a DB in the NFL draft I immediately assume that they are going to end up terrible by year 2 and be out of the NFL by year 4.
That's funny lol everytime the Texans draft a DB I always expect them to be shut down corners no matter what round they come from. That never works out though..
Old 05-14-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting Cloak, a real enjoyable read. As stated before, I watched this guy last season some and had him on my "players to focus on" at combine. I like fast receivers and corners so when he did not do the 40 well, I lost track of him. I see him as possible bumping one of the vets off the roster. This give me another reason to root for the "Roc."
Old 06-02-2011   #9
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports...ng-ar-1079883/

A update on our star.
pirbroke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #10
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Carmichael--a story made for a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I like his story too....and about the cornerbacks we have drafted...I think with the right coaching and system we can turn this around....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
Will be interesting to watch as he can see better. Also I suggest anyone interested to follow the CB Jayron Hosely mentioned. He had 9 INTs last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read