Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2011   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Casey take inspiring path to degree

Quote:
James Casey may think first of his mother, Susan, who died in a fire when he was 16 years old. She’d be so proud to see him walk across that stage at Rice on Saturday, degree in hand, knowing he’d worked so hard and overcome so much.

Ten years ago, she’d just finished an overnight work shift and was catching a few hours of sleep after getting James and his younger sister off to school when an appliance caught fire in the trailer in which they were living.

James was summoned from a classroom at Azle High School and given the news his mother had died and the family’s home destroyed.

“We had nothing,” he said. “I had a backpack and what I was wearing.”

Thus began a journey of pain and disappointment but also one of love, hope and inspiration.

“It’s easy to feel sorry for yourself and stay down,” Casey said. “I eventually looked at what I thought her mindset would be. She wouldn’t want me to be moping around and complaining. She would have wanted me to make something of myself and make her proud.”

That he has done. Along the way, he has had some help and caught some breaks and made some of his
own.

First, there were the good people of Azle, who provided clothes, shelter and money. He lived here and there, with his older sister for awhile, with his future wife’s family, with the trainer at Azle High School.

He considers them all family now, especially since his father, Steve, died last year, a victim of years of smoking and hard labor. His mother-in-law, Holly Henderson, has been there at every turn.

These are the memories that will rush back. On a
day when he will be surrounded by friends and family, by his buddies from Rice and his teammates from the Texans, it’ll be a day of overwhelming emotion.
Much, much more in the article...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/7563038.html
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Casey take inspiring path to degree

Thanks for posting OMT. I had no idea. What a guy!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Casey take inspiring path to degree

Nice story, OMT.

Evidently, someone who has worked hard to get where he is and have what he has...........and continues to appreciate the cause and effect.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read