Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2011   #21
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [SI] Hungry Texans may be team with most to lose as NFL lockout lingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
But oh man... if Lions make the playoffs before the Texans do.... it's gonna be a slobber-knocker in the Houston area.
Torches and pitchforks.

I wonder if Lowe's will give me a price break if I buy enough of them.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [SI] Hungry Texans may be team with most to lose as NFL lockout lingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I wonder if certain fans are going to use the lockout as an excuse for Kubiak and Smith like they have in all of these other seasons like the katrina thing and the Jets losing on purpose.

The Texans don't stand to lose anything. Like you said, they were 6-10 and they should have nowhere to go but up from that point.
Tex, I bet you $1,000.00 that the Texans make the playoffs this year. You game?
Old 05-15-2011   #23
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Cojones!
Old 05-15-2011   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Cojones!
Huevos grande, mi amigo. Does Tex accept is the question. Put up or shut up.
Old 05-15-2011   #25
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Internet $ or real $?
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me down for 1 MILLLLLLLION DOLLARS!!!!*

*Internet money!!!!
Against that is.
Old 05-15-2011   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Let's not go there. I already have a standing bet with my dad, who still lives in Michigan, about the Lions vs the Texans.

What's really sad and depressing is that I can see, piece by piece, the Lion's rebuilding process. If they take a talentless, 0-16 team to the playoffs in a few short years it will be astonishing.
I am watching the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA West Finals.

Yes, that's right: A team that moved from Seattle to Oklahoma City, you know...a virtual wasteland in comparison to the legendary cities that have epic NBA history behind them. And yet there's OKC in the West Finals.

How the hell does that happen? LOL.

So if the Lions beat the Texans to the playoffs, it won't surprise me. It's almost a foregone conclusion, actually.
Old 05-16-2011   #28
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe it was Ike and not Katrina. After 5 long years it starts to get confusing and it all starts meshing together as they have all been dark years. I just hope that people don't fall into that typical trap again where there is sympathy for this regime if they don't finally have that huge season that's predicted here every year. I do think that our division will be up for the taking this year more than it's ever been in the past since the Titans have a new HC with no QB that's ready to go in right away and the Jags are still meh. The Colts finally looked really vulnerable last season as well. I'd say that the division this season is about as easy pickings as it's ever been.
I'm on board with this as well. Looks like the stars and moon have aligned. Now if they can just start playing ball we'd all know. But who knows if/when this dispute gets settled!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I am watching the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA West Finals.

Yes, that's right: A team that moved from Seattle to Oklahoma City, you know...a virtual wasteland in comparison to the legendary cities that have epic NBA history behind them. And yet there's OKC in the West Finals.

How the hell does that happen? LOL.

So if the Lions beat the Texans to the playoffs, it won't surprise me. It's almost a foregone conclusion, actually.
I find it interesting, that they've done it with no stars.

Surely if they make it to the finals, almost every player on the team will be considered a star (like Daron Williams), but before the play-offs, who was looking at anybody on that team?

Then you have the Rockets. No stars... & that is their excuse. The Rockets were equally as talented for the last two years, but it seems, no TMac, no Yao..... no point in trying.

But that's a different story all together.
Old 05-16-2011   #30
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You'd bet that every year, so what's the point?

You're not going to pay me $1,000 even if they go 0-16.

I'll make you a sig bet though which is at least something that can hold up around here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #31
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll make you a sig bet though which is at least something that can hold up around here.
The Texans re probably praying for a longer lockout..heck you miss the first 5 games of the schedule and they can make the playoffs on the last 11.
Old 05-16-2011   #32
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The Texans re probably praying for a longer lockout..heck you miss the first 5 games of the schedule and they can make the playoffs on the last 11.
First quarter of the season is where the bulk of our wins usually come from. We would be 2-12 without it.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #33
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
First quarter of the season is where the bulk of our wins usually come from. We would be 2-12 without it.
Well considering they start every year 5-7 and 2 years back made a late push with 4 late wins, it stood to reason that with the this schedule they'd rather miss those opponents who look a little more stout on paper.
Old 05-17-2011   #34
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Surely if they make it to the finals, almost every player on the team will be considered a star (like Daron Williams), but before the play-offs, who was looking at anybody on that team?

Then you have the Rockets. No stars... & that is their excuse. The Rockets were equally as talented for the last two years, but it seems, no TMac, no Yao..... no point in trying.

I don't know how you can say a team with Kevin Durant has 'no stars' or 'as talented' as the Rockets. Durant is arguably among the top 3 to 5 players (depending on who you ask) in the NBA. Just because he doesn't play on TNT or ESPN, doesn't mean he isn't destroying people on the court. All the people that I know who discuss basketball thought that with Westbrook/Durant it was 'when' not an 'if'.

This is a thread about the Texans sucking, so I will try to not detail it. God knows we can use another thread about them sucking. All apologies.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #35
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The over/under season win odds in Las Vegas will be probably be the Texans winning 8 games (max 8-1/2). - contingent on a full season schedule (edited)
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #36
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand how a team that has never made the playoffs has the most to lose. I would think a Super Bowl caliber team like the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers, Colts, Jets ect have the MOST to lose.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #37
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I dont understand how a team that has never made the playoffs has the most to lose. I would think a Super Bowl caliber team like the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers, Colts, Jets ect have the MOST to lose.
I think the rationale is that those teams know how to win and have vets that know how to win. Teams like the Texans who haven't gotten over the hump need all the time they can to improve and get extra work. The other teams have the same coaches, leaders, etc compared to say bringing in a new defense and coordinator.
Old 05-25-2011   #38
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I don't know how you can say a team with Kevin Durant has 'no stars' or 'as talented' as the Rockets. Durant is arguably among the top 3 to 5 players (depending on who you ask) in the NBA. Just because he doesn't play on TNT or ESPN, doesn't mean he isn't destroying people on the court. All the people that I know who discuss basketball thought that with Westbrook/Durant it was 'when' not an 'if'.

This is a thread about the Texans sucking, so I will try to not detail it. God knows we can use another thread about them sucking. All apologies.
Not only that, but I don't think the Rockets have a player on their roster (other than Yao) who is one of the 30 best players in the league. Seriously, who's our best player? How far down the list of talented players do you go before you get to his name?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #39
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think the rationale is that those teams know how to win and have vets that know how to win. Teams like the Texans who haven't gotten over the hump need all the time they can to improve and get extra work. The other teams have the same coaches, leaders, etc compared to say bringing in a new defense and coordinator.
I gotcha. But you know what, I think the Texans not being able to "coach" the players right now might actually be a good thing. We will get a few good games out of our rookies before our "coaching" screws them up.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #40
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Are you sure you're thinking of the OKC Thunder? Kevin Durant is a bona fide super star. Deron Williams is a star too. Do you not watch basketball?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read