Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2011   #1
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mr. Watts...."Mr. Working Man"

I already have a nickname for Mr. Watts. Its "Mr. Working Man"....my favorite band is Rush and one of their best songs ever is Working Man and that is what I see when I look at this guy we got from Wisconsin.

He had to work to get his scholorship to Wisconsin. It was not given to him automatically. He went out and earned it....he worked for it.

He also had to work in the past as a pizza delivery driver. He told a funny story on 610 a while back about one delivery where it was 25 below zero...( I think he was at Central Michigan at the time) and got stuck delivering to a residence and 2 tow truck drivers got stuck as well.....well he ended up eating the order...pizza and wings....I thought that was classic.....

I think we got a "working man" here. I see a beast coming.

The Texans should get permission from Rush to use the first couple of notes from "Working Man" everytime he has a sack or batted ball....that would be great.....

Welcome to Houston Mr. Watts....."Mr. Working Man.....

Last edited by rush2112mn; 05-12-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #2
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Watts...."Mr. Working Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I already have a nickname for Mr. Watts. Its "Mr. Working Man"....my favorite band is Rush and one of their best songs ever is Working Man and that is what I see when I look at this guy we got from Wisconsin.

He had to work to get his scholorship to Wisconsin. It was not given to him automatically. He went out and earned it....he worked for it.

He also had to work in the past as a pizza delivery driver. He told a funny story on 610 a while back about one delivery where it was 25 below zero...( I think he was at Central Michigan at the time) and got stuck delivering to a residence and 2 tow truck drivers got stuck as well.....well he ended up eating the order...pizza and wings....I thought that was classic.....

The Texans should get permission from Rush to use the first couple of notes from "Working Man" everytime he has a sack or batted ball....that would be great.....

Can we at least have a team practice before we go giving him a nickname?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I get home at five o'clock
And I take myself out a nice, cold beer
Always seem to be wonderin'
Why there's nothin' goin' down here
Old 05-12-2011   #4
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If I had to pick a Rush song for the Texans to live by it would be "Show don't Tell"
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer Mr. Big Stuff (who do you think you are?) as hopefully he will stuff the QB. Or maybe that could go for Reed.
Old 05-12-2011   #6
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rush / Texans song title game...here's a start

Lock and Key - NFL Owners
Something for Nothing - NFL Owners requiring payment for season tickets
Stick it Out - NFLPA*
One Little Victory - Last game of the season vs. Jacksonville
Turn the Page - Soapers theme song to get rid of Kubiak

Anyone else got anything?
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #7
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike
Agreed, also, can we go ahead and called him Mr. Watt instead since that's his last name?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2011   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike

Hey - we didn't give Travis Johnson a nickname, or Amobi Okoye either for that matter. Those that don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Actually, do we have any players with publicly recognized nicknames (one that would actually be used during a game broadcast) that aren't simply based on their name (Cush, O.D.)?
Old 05-12-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I, too, think that the cart is getting in front of the horse. But if you're looking for a nickname, why did you look past your own MB name and the name of the group that recorded "Mr. Working Man"...............i.e., "Rush"?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Some other Rush theme songs for him:

1. Beneath, between and behind

2. Best I can

3. I'm gonna smash Peytons helmet!

Classics!
Old 05-13-2011   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

after every sack across the P A system plays

Oops! I Did It Again - Britney Spears
lol
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #12
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

im gonna smash paytons helmet.....not a rush song......

Some other possible songs...

Tom Sawyer

Driven
Old 05-13-2011   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Watt
Dream Big, Work Hard.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #14
rush2112mn
All Pro

Post Re: Mr. Watts...."Mr. Working Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I, too, think that the cart is getting in front of the horse. But if you're looking for a nickname, why did you look past your own MB name and the name of the group that recorded "Mr. Working Man"...............i.e., "Rush"?
I guess it kinda hit me after reading his background and how he had to work 6 months delivering pizza and then had to work at getting the scholarship to
Wisconsin....he just seemed like the "working man" type of person. He has had to work hard to get where he is at. Thats what I thought when we got him in the draft. The song is about everyday working man....I think of him as a working man type of person.

That was the thought process I had behind giving him that nickname...
Old 05-13-2011   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
im gonna smash paytons helmet.....not a rush song......

Some other possible songs...

Tom Sawyer

Driven
Sure it is!

It's back when they used to let Geddy write the lyrics.
Old 05-13-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 58259 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Hey - we didn't give Travis Johnson a nickname, or Amobi Okoye either for that matter. Those that don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Actually, do we have any players with publicly recognized nicknames (one that would actually be used during a game broadcast) that aren't simply based on their name (Cush, O.D.)?
If we're going with songs, I say we play "whiplash" by Metallica every time he gets a sack. That's an all balls, no quit song if there ever was one. TNT by AC/DC would work as well. Rush is kinda ***** when you're talking NFL manly man kind of stuff. Pick something with some GRRRRRR to it.
EDUT: As far as that goes, call our rushers The Four Horsemen". MW, Smith, Watts, Brooks.
Old 05-13-2011   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

WATT. WATT. WATT. please. not watts... WATT. MR. WATT.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Thank you!

I mistype at times too, but dang. Watt. Walter. Reed. No "s" at the end.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58259 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=281;1698614]WATT. WATT. WATT. please. not watts... WATT. MR. WATT.[/QUOTE sigh.
Old 05-13-2011   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Read your sig, douche bag

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read