Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts and offensive guru Tom Moore part ways

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ys-497471.html
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts and offensive guru Tom Moore part ways

This move has to improve the Texans chances within the division plus the Jags and Ten drafting QBs.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it matters a whole lot.

Until I see the headline "Colts and Manning part ways", I'm not going to expect their offense to take too many steps back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Until I see the headline "Colts and Manning part ways", I'm not going to expect their offense to take too many steps back.
Yeah, that's how I see it as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There may not be a season or an NFL so it really doesn't matter.

However if we play this year then Wooo whoo!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As much as I respect what Peyton brings to the Colts, I believe that if the OC decisions are basically put in his hands, it will have an effect on the Colts. When decision-making loses the element of comparison for checks and balances (in this case Moore), everything tends to suffer. A QB like Peyton may be highly skilled and very insightful, but he will have problems seeing "the whole picture" from behind center. This smacks of turning Peyton into a total micromanaging control freak, a recipe for a downturn for the Colts in my opinion. It's called too much of a good thing. I can't see where totalitarianism at the helm can ultimately bode well for the Colts. And I believe that the Texans can benefit by this line of direction the Colts are apparently pursuing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As much as I respect what Peyton brings to the Colts, I believe that if the OC decisions are basically put in his hands, it will have an effect on the Colts. When decision-making loses the element of comparison for checks and balances (in this case Moore), everything tends to suffer. A QB like Peyton may be highly skilled and very insightful, but he will have problems seeing "the whole picture" from behind center. This smacks of turning Peyton into a total micromanaging control freak, a recipe for a downturn for the Colts in my opinion. It's called too much of a good thing. I can't see where totalitarianism at the helm can ultimately bode well for the Colts. And I believe that the Texans can benefit by this line of direction the Colts are apparently pursuing.
Any oc they put in there is going tell Peyton what he sees and what he thinks needs to be done.

I don't think manning is going to have complete control.
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any oc they put in there is going tell Peyton what he sees and what he thinks needs to be done.

I don't think manning is going to have complete control.
My question is how likely is Peyton going to listen to what a new OC tells him and asks him to do.? Peyton developed an obvious respect for Moore and his opinions over the last 12 years. No matter what anyone may think, Peyton didn't grow up in a vacuum. Moore had a lot to do with where Peyton is today.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My question is how likely is Peyton going to listen to what a new OC tells him and asks him to do.? Peyton developed an obvious respect for Moore and his opinions over the last 12 years. No matter what anyone may think, Peyton didn't grow up in a vacuum. Moore had a lot to do with where Peyton is today.
Right and at some point the child becomes a man and goes off on his own.

Colts don't have much of a running game anyways so Peyton will be passing the ball. As long as he is pulling the trigger and making the reads I don't see much changing.

But all that aside the colts would be dumb to hire an offensive coordinator that would come in and change things up too much.
Old 05-12-2011   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 269149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Spot on. With Moore's absence I could easily see Manning becoming a control freak. He has already been known to overrule what Moore wanted. Doubt he is going to respect the current OC as much as Moore. Look for the Colts to become an even more unbalanced offense. Still good because Manning is that good.
Old 05-12-2011   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always thought the guy who referred to Vanderjagt (sp?) as an "***** kicker" was ALREADY a control freak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read