Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Do you support teams contacting players during lockout?
Yes 8 88.89%
No? 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you prefer your team to violate current lock-out?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...espite-lockout

Quote:
"It's a good cause to get out and see all the people especially after wining the Super Bowl," Sitton told WFRV-TV. "The fans deserve to see it, the whole lockout has rained on the fans parade i think a little bit around here in the state so get a chance to see all the fans and interact with all them, do the different things were going to do is a good thing."

Coach Mike McCarthy, general manager Ted Thompson and several other members of the football staff came out to see the bus off. McCarthy and Thompson chatted briefly with the players, with whom they've had virtually no contact since the lockout began in March.

While the lockout prohibits coaches and front-office staff from having contact with players, there is an exception for charitable events such as the tour.
So, we are all pretty sure that Mario Williams has spoken to Wade Phillips since the temporary stay was issued to put the lockout back on soon after the draft was over. My question is, as a fan of football would you prefer your home team to do everything in it's power to contact players that we want to sign as FA's, UDFA's, Players under contract to get new playbooks?

I say yes because I'm not in favor of the lockout to begin with, and I'd rather my team have every advantage they can take.
Old 05-10-2011   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Would you prefer your team to violate current lock-out?

I voted yes, but I'm torn. On the one hand, I agree with your opinion for purely selfish reasons. But on the other, it's the owners that have forced this crap on us. So I don't want them to get all the benefits of no lockout plus all the benefits of having a lockout. If they want the players locked out, I think they should suffer the downside to it as well.

So hell, I don't know.
Old 05-10-2011   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...espite-lockout

So, we are all pretty sure that Mario Williams has spoken to Wade Phillips since the temporary stay was issued to put the lockout back on soon after the draft was over. My question is, as a fan of football would you prefer your home team to do everything in it's power to contact players that we want to sign as FA's, UDFA's, Players under contract to get new playbooks?

I say yes because I'm not in favor of the lockout to begin with, and I'd rather my team have every advantage they can take.
This part should be easy. A couple of players got the playbooks during the ceasefire. The team captains should take it upon themselves to copy and distribute the playbooks to the players.

In terms of contacting FAs, hard to say. What is "contacting" a free agent anyway. If I was a coach, during the ceasefire, I would have contacted my most respected players/team captains, and started getting them to start selling their team to FAs.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

One part of me wants all the NFL owners to go broke, along with the NFL and all it's players. Another part of me can't wait for the NFL season to start. I'm with eriadoc on this, my mind could probably change from one minute to the next on this NFL lockout crap. I hate it and the NFL, but can't wait for the season to start.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Would you prefer your team to violate current lock-out?

Yes, assuming we don't get caught.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Yes even if we get caught, this whole thing is stupid

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read