Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-23-2005   #41
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

screw them both! I want Jared Lorenzen!
Old 04-24-2005   #42
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
I've had a bet for the last 3yrs on this very thing with a lions
fan.. Time to re-new it for this year.. easy money betting on
Super Dave.. Will make my phone call as soon as I post this.
Thanks again...
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that it's money in the bank to bet on your QB or against ours? I wouldn't want to bet on either right now as the wins are not consistant and at least as far as the lions go, we lost to teams that we should have beat and won those games we shouldn't have! You will have a much improved "D" this year and I believe are play-off bound!! Good luck- Go Lions!!
Barryfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #43
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWboy H8r
Yeh, harrington just flat out SUCKS!
Well partner, he did manage to come out with a win from the texans last year, and tha was minus a running game, and a #1 WR out! I'm not saying he's a pro- bowl QB YET, but I think to say he sucks couldn't be further from the truth! Go Lions!!
Old 04-24-2005   #44
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryfan20
Well partner, he did manage to come out with a win from the texans last year, and tha was minus a running game, and a #1 WR out! I'm not saying he's a pro- bowl QB YET, but I think to say he sucks couldn't be further from the truth! Go Lions!!
Well a guy named Jeff Garcia has been brought in to improve the Lions. He does suck!
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #45
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well partner, he did manage to come out with a win from the texans last year
When you're given 3 turnovers to work with, a KR for a TD, and a healthy Roy Williams on a hot streak, there is no reason you should lose that game.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #46
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Oh, and BarryFan- There have been rumors of Joey being cut (although mostly by fans and Detroit media), but that is because he has a $10 mil cap number this year.

Texans fans- When is Carr's salary cap # going to skyrocket? Next year? He signed a significantly larger contract than Joey, 36 mil vs 60 mil, but Carr's is only 1 yr longer (and he hasn't had a very large salary yet). I'm just curious that if Carr has another mediocre season, despite Oline issues, but is due say 12 mil, what ya'll will be saying.
I think Carr has looked great top 10 QB in the leauge and deserves 12 mill (if any NFL player deserves 12 mill.) first team in NFL history to use 3 1st round picks in the last 3 years to draft at WR. Harrington better show something!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #47
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Well a guy named Jeff Garcia has been brought in to improve the Lions. He does suck!
Once again Garcia was brought in to BACK Joey up,not to replace him. As far as the comment that someone made about the outcome of our 2 teams meeting last year; I was responding to a Joey sucks thread, and simply pointed out that he must not suck to bad as we managed to come out with a win. To make excuses such as turnovers returned kicks and such, is obsurd! Last time I checked that is called football and there is no * beside the win saying this or that is why. I truly feel that these 2 QB's have similar great qualitys and will be great one day, thanks for all of the imput as it's most interesting to hear all of your comments! Go Lions!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #48
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
My roll is fat: My Lion buddy wallet is cleaned out.. We let
the quarterback rating's, settle who wins.. Oh, by the way
he's really hot too bet this year... Sic em Super Dave...
I'm happy for you, but I don't understand how you cleaned your lions buddys wallet out? I have been known to make a friendly wager or two, maybe we can talk further as the season gets closer! That is a great idea well let the stats decide who is the better QB! Thanks again for the great comments and good luck stay injury free!! Go Lions
Old 04-25-2005   #49
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

hey Kerry Collins is pretty good too!
Old 04-25-2005   #50
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

^Chris Chandler also comes to mind.....
Old 04-25-2005   #51
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
first team in NFL history to use 3 1st round picks in the last 3 years to draft at WR. Harrington better show something!
Absolutely

Quote:
Well since it will take Joey 3 1st round WRs to even come close to Carr, then good luck to you too.
Well, if either of the past two could have stayed healthy for more than 6 games (CR- 6 games in 2 season, RW- Healthy for ~6 games last season)....How many games has AJ been injured in 2 seasons? Bradford? Gaffney? Probably help if you read my long post, but then again, you wouldn't be able to 'prove' your point if you had. Actually, sounds more like an early excuse to me

Again, not saying who is better, but I am objective. I think Carr gets a slight edge, but not as much as many of you would like to believe
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what gets me about the lions.. is what do they do in about 3 or 4 years?... They are developing WR's for another team right now.. being they aren't going to be able to pay these guys.. Just alot of money put up for 3 at the same position...

Unless Rogers' injury is worse than I am hearing about

but we would love to take the Texas boy back to Texas in about 3 to 4 years

BTW.. I am not saying Carr is better or Worse than the piano man.. but I'd like to see Carr run an offense with those studs at WR
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #53
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
what gets me about the lions.. is what do they do in about 3 or 4 years?... They are developing WR's for another team right now.. being they aren't going to be able to pay these guys.. Just alot of money put up for 3 at the same position...

BTW.. I am not saying Carr is better or Worse than the piano man.. but I'd like to see Carr run an offense with those studs at WR
I kinda feel the same way, if these guys turn out to be as good as I feel they will be. There is no way we will be able to afford all of them. On the up-side though, its pretty easy to trade talented players!! As far as your "likeing to see Carr with these guys, Joey would like to see how that would feel too! Go Lions!!
Old 04-26-2005   #54
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

Yeah, there are alot of Lions fans singing that tune right now too. But CR and RW are under contract for 4 more years, and MW will probably sign a 5-6 yr deal. IMO, this means they will probably only keep RW OR CR, not both. Unless one ends up not being as great as the hype (hopefully CR). But, maybe winning will cure all that ails. Ok, I can't even say that wwith a straight face.

I don't think CR's injury is more serious than is reported, I think it is more a concern over injury period. I mean CR injured 2 seasons and superman, I mean Roy hurt an ankle in game 6 and that was the season. Lions had no depth at WR (Hakim was hurt for several games too, starting about game 8). I think the Lions were going to wait to take a WR, but when MW was there they just couldn't pass on it.

And I can't wait to see what Joey can do with these WR's. One way or another it will end the nonstop QB debate in Det (and maybe Houston, lol)
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #55
Trogdor014
Veteran

Quote:
And I can't wait to see what Joey can do with these WR's. One way or another it will end the nonstop QB debate in Det (and maybe Houston, lol)
How would it end the QB debate in Houston involving Carr and Harrington?
Old 04-27-2005   #56
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWboy H8r
Hey Barryfan20 keep telling yourself Garcia was JUST brought in to backup Bloey.
Last year our back up was Mike Mcmahon, personally I really liked him alot. Great mobility, strong arm, great attitude. I knew he would not remain a lion, and feel he will be great for phi. The lions were looking for someone with experience, winning experience, and Garcia has a proven winning record. In my opinion, the lions want joey to have some competition, and learn from a west coast guy who's won and has mastered the system. If Harrington does not show that he can take his game to the next level this year, meaning 4 or 5 games into the season, he will be replaced! I have faith that Joey is the QB of the lions future and like Carr will be a hall of famer one day! Hey, I can dream if I want too!!! Go Lions!!
Old 04-27-2005   #57
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

will this thread ever end? i don't care about joey harrington, and i'd think and probably accurately predict that most texans don't care about harrington. it's like apples and oranges. carr went to an expansion team and harrington went to a team thats been around for a long time. who should have played better? harrington who has played better? carr
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #58
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3474 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh...for some folks, it'll end when either Harrington or Carr is out of a starting job. This is like the "Fire Capers! Fire Palmer!" threads on Sunday afternoons...regular as clockwork. Had Ryan Leaf not flamed out, Colts fans would be dealing with a similar debate all the time.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #59
JfromthaTray
Veteran

3 years in:
TD'S Harrington 48 Carr 34
Completions Harrington 798 Carr 685
Harrington also has more yards, I need that formula you're using to say that Carr has played better.
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromthaTray
3 years in:
TD'S Harrington 48 Carr 34
Completions Harrington 798 Carr 685
Harrington also has more yards, I need that formula you're using to say that Carr has played better.
Wow, nice selection of stats there. Harrington has a whopping 100 more yards--think that has anything to do with the two less games Carr has played in?--and by the way Carr had almost 500 yds more last year. Harrington has 110 more completions--well, duh--he has only attempted 270 more passes. Harrington does have more TD's, but then again he has 8 more INT's too. How about--completion %--61.2% Carr, 56 % Harrington (in an offense designed to have a high completion %); ypa--7.58 Carr, 6.23 Harrington; QB rating--83.5 Carr, 77.5 Harrington. Carr has also rushed for more yards in two different seasons than Harrington has rushed for his whole career. This while Carr has been sacked 140 times and Harrington 53 times.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read