Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-18-2005   #1
Barryfan20
Rookie

Default Carr OR HARRINGTON

Hello everyone! As we approach the draft it got me to thinking about carr and harrington (both by the way will be great QB's!) The question is who either has emerged as the better talant or who will be first to become great? In my opinion both are fairly equel at this point! Last year you guys played us tough and we escaped with a victory. I believe your team like ours is very young and has the potential of exploding this thing wide open! Good Luck with in the upcoming draft and season!! GO LIONS!!
Barryfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think it's unfair to really judge either of them at this point since Carr has been playing behind an inconsistent O-Line and Harrington's weapons haven't been able to stay healthy...2005 will either be the year that he proves that he's Detroit's franchise or he proves that he should be on the sideline holding a clipboard...I think the first scenario is more likely...All Carr needs to succed is consistent pass protection...Both have similar numbers so far, but I'll give the edge to Carr, since he has shown more leadership and has made more out of a worse scenario...That may just be my biased Texan fan opinion though ...
Old 04-18-2005   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryfan20
Hello everyone! As we approach the draft it got me to thinking about carr and harrington (both by the way will be great QB's!) The question is who either has emerged as the better talant or who will be first to become great? In my opinion both are fairly equel at this point! Last year you guys played us tough and we escaped with a victory. I believe your team like ours is very young and has the potential of exploding this thing wide open! Good Luck with in the upcoming draft and season!! GO LIONS!!
I'm sorry to say but its really not that even. I believe Carr has done WAY better with alot less. Carr took over a brand new offense that had never played together, while Harrington had an established o-line and team. Harrington was almost cut by the Lions this year and has been rumored to have confindence problems, while Carr is the Texans franchise QB. Just the way I see it.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I honestly think it's unfair to really judge either of them at this point since Carr has been playing behind an inconsistent O-Line and Harrington's weapons haven't been able to stay healthy...2005 will either be the year that he proves that he's Detroit's franchise or he proves that he should be on the sideline holding a clipboard...I think the first scenario is more likely...All Carr needs to succed is consistent pass protection...Both have similar numbers so far, but I'll give the edge to Carr, since he has shown more leadership and has made more out of a worse scenario...That may just be my biased Texan fan opinion though ...
Nice post. I think that's a thread killer.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #5
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
I'm sorry to say but its really not that even. I believe Carr has done WAY better with alot less. Carr took over a brand new offense that had never played together, while Harrington had an established o-line and team. Harrington was almost cut by the Lions this year and has been rumored to have confindence problems, while Carr is the Texans franchise QB. Just the way I see it.
I believe that Mariucci can turn Joey around. Right now Carr has a bit more experience and confidence, because he knows the organization backs him up.
Old 04-18-2005   #6
Sco-tai
Veteran

I don't think it's even close. Harrington is worried about his job (thought he denies caring that they brought in Garcia). Carr is more accurate...stronger arm...better decisions...and behind a WORSE O-Line. Sure, C-Rogers has been hurt, but they had a chance to take AJ, and didn't.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Carr has better physical tools, plain and simple. I think Harrington has way better weapons in Rogers(if he can stay healthy) Williams and Jones, but he still needs to produce, which he hasnt been doing.
Old 04-18-2005   #8
wiley2002
Veteran

I can't really say one is better than the other because both have their strengths and weaknesses. They're both young and have taken some good hits. One of them suffered an irregular heartbeat and was out for a while. The other has suffered an ankle injury, a shoulder injury, and quite a few others that I am surely unaware of. They've both bounced back from that so I have to say they have lived up to what they were drafted for.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This topic again!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #10
wiley2002
Veteran

Now that you mention it, this was asked last year. I guess we'll be seeing this even after both of them retire.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #11
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
This topic again!!
I agree!!! Put it to rest. Harrington is not even in the same league as Carr, and Carr still needs to get better or I would say ship both of them to Europ to learn how to play at a developmental league and compete for their jobs again.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Still too early.

Both have had obstacles blocking their paths towards success (Harrington's teammates can't stay healthy...Carr's OL can't block).
Both showed marginal improvement in their 2nd season.
Both showed very good improvement in their 3rd season.
Both have statisticaly categories that point in their favor over the other.

4th season should provide more answers.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

IMPO, I think both started out on fairly even playing fields(pun intended). The Lions aren't much morethan an expansion team. They weren't much more when they had Barry Sanders and Herman Moore. I think both have done a good job in difficult circumstances. I give Carr the edge on maturity level and decision making in the face of German Panzer battallions blitzkrieging across poland(or the line of scrimmage).
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think the fact that the Lions signed Garcia shows how they feel about Harrington's development. The fact that fans also chanted for Mike McMahon to replace Harrington shows their feelings towards Harrington's development. heck, you got those rumors that said Joey was going to be cut.

You look at Carr, I doubt anyone has demanded that Tony Banks or Dave Ragone replace him immediately, or that we should sign Kurt Warner or Brad Johnson to push Carr to perform better.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #15
dcarr08sprtsmedchik
Rookie

I live in Michigan and in a house full of Lions fans. I'm a huge Texans fan. I'd choose Carr over Harrington any day, even if Harrington wasn't on the Lions.
dcarr08sprtsmedchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

How about a HarriCarr like they had in Dumb and Dumber??? Just an intemperate thought.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #17
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Still too early.

Both have had obstacles blocking their paths towards success (Harrington's teammates can't stay healthy...Carr's OL can't block).
Both showed marginal improvement in their 2nd season.
Both showed very good improvement in their 3rd season.
Both have statisticaly categories that point in their favor over the other.

4th season should provide more answers.
Hi, and thanks for all of the opinions and I apologize for the "repeat" thread! As far as the Lions being like an expansion team, I strongly dissagree. The lions have always been very competitive and hold a tradition that is steeped in history. As far as Joey goes, last year he had no running game untill the 2nd half of the season, CR out so basically Joey had RW And OZ! He through for over 3000 yds and I believe 21 TDS not bad with a hobbled team! As I said before when all is said and done I believe both Carr and Harrington will be pro bowl QB's! Thanks again for the imput and good luck in the upcoming draft and season!! Go Lions!!
Barryfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #18
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

This completely goes to Carr, Harrington isn't even assured the starting job next year, at this point Carr has the lead by a lot, he has been at the helm of an expansion team which gave him a muligan on most of the losses til now and he has put up better numbers and doesn't have Jeff Garcia and Mooch breathing down his neck and a new offensive scheme to boot. Harrington might bounce back, but i have a sneaking suspicion it wont be in detriot
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmm since i'm a texans fan,,,,and since i'm a homer,,,i'd have to say Let me see,,,,,CARR no doubt about it, plus he'll prolly lose the starting job to Garcia.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #20
spence425
Rookie

here's my input. i live in michigan, and am a lions fan, but have also become a huge fan of houston...i like the team makeup, and the whole attitude. my answer to both questions is Carr. i think he's closer to being there than joey, and i also think he will get there first. I agree with the first post however, both will be good...i just hope the lions stick with joey long enough to see it. for some reason he's taking longer than carr. no doubt about it though, carr can play, and he will definitely be a solid QB for quite a while...possibly even a pro-bowler if he can get another stud WR.
spence425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read