Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2011   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quintin Mikell will be on the market

Whenever free agency begins, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell will be a free agent. The fact that heís on the wrong side of 30 and hasnít received a new deal means that he likely wonít.

And he knows it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilly-is-over/

This is an article from profootballtalk saying the mikell feels like he wont be re-signed by the eagles.

His 30 years old but i think he would be a great stop-gap option for us for the next 3-4 years. There are a few safeties possibly hitting the market like weddle, landry (ravens) and huff.

so whats your thoughts on mikell??

if this has already been posted either delete on merge it.

GO TEXANS
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #2
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quintin Mikell will be on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Whenever free agency begins, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell will be a free agent. The fact that heís on the wrong side of 30 and hasnít received a new deal means that he likely wonít.

And he knows it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilly-is-over/

This is an article from profootballtalk saying the mikell feels like he wont be re-signed by the eagles.

His 30 years old but i think he would be a great stop-gap option for us for the next 3-4 years. There are a few safeties possibly hitting the market like weddle, landry (ravens) and huff.

so whats your thoughts on mikell??

if this has already been posted either delete on merge it.

GO TEXANS
Gets my vote as he can cover and hit but to come to Houston I think he will overprice himself as is apparent in that article
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After the Dawkins treatment, Mikell saw the handwriting on the wall, especially after the Eagles took a S in the draft :

Quote:
Mikell would like to be playing ball for the Eagles, but if not, he plans on playing somewhere. He would like to go someplace where he is familiar with the system, preferably in a warm climate, and while he would not name any teams, there are Reid and Jim Johnson disciples scattered across the league. Baltimore. Carolina. Denver. St. Louis. Minnesota.

And Mikell is hanging onto a conversation he had with Reid in 2009, when Mikell was upset that the Eagles were not talking to him about a second contract extension.

"The one thing he told me was, 'No matter what, when it's all said and done, when you keep playing, you're going to make a lot of money. You're going to be fine,' " Mikell said. "I took that as, yeah, I'm going to make a lot of money, but maybe not here.

"He stopped short of saying, 'You're going to be here making a lot of money.' He said, 'You're going to make a lot of money. I don't know when.' It was like he wanted to say, 'I don't know where.' "

Mikell knows that, too. He has an empty locker to prove it.
http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-0...quintin-mikell
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

He would be my plan B if we couldn't land one of Asomugha, Jospeh, or Taylor.
Old 05-09-2011   #5
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

An actual realistic free agent?

Sounds nice.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read