Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

footballguys interactive mock

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I was just in an interactive first day mock and ended up with no offensive skill guys as it turns out.

13 Houston – Demarcus Ware, OLB Troy St
47 Houston – Marlin Jackson, CB Michigan (value pick...couldn't believe he was there...Glenns eventual replacement)
73 Houston – Ernest Shazor, ILB Michigan (converting him to replace Foreman)
78 Houston - Chris Spencer C Ole Miss (My top pure Center on my board)

http://www.coltshistory.com/Draft/MockDrafts/2005/ColtsFansMocks/FootballGuysTalk.html

What scheme do we run in our secondary. Do we run a cover 2 scheme like the Jets (Tampa 2) or do we run a man scheme?? I'm asking this because Tampa 2 doesn't require corner with blazing speed. Marlin Jackson; would we covet him??

We play tons of man. I see Jackson as another Coleman type CB and would take the tall WR/TE targets in the red zone where Dunta and Glenn would be a bit undersized. Good size and physical enough to blitz off the nickel/dime and may slide to FS when Coleman's contract runs out.

WildBlackBear32 said:
Passed on Barron....everyone is soooo anti-Barron over here... :hairpull:

So we actually have a guy here who wants Stockar McDougle, Jr here? :hmmm:

Good picks, Vinny...

WildBlackBear32 said:
Passed on Barron....everyone is soooo anti-Barron over here... :hairpull:
He may end up a total stud. I think we are freaked over spending a 13 overall on a guy who doesn't seem to be too gung-ho. Frankly, I'll be shocked if he goes top-10. I'm not big on him but heck, he may be a player.

D-ReK said:
So we actually have a guy here who wants Stockar McDougle, Jr here? :hmmm:

Good picks, Vinny...

No, but the idea of Johnathon Ogden 2.0 sounds pretty nice to me. His athleticism, speed and quickness for a 6'7 1/2 guy is absolutely insane. I was a minor skeptic of his during the season as I only saw 2 or 3 FSU games this year, but the video they played on the NFL Draft Preview show was nice, seeing the amount of effort he gave in each play.

I saw those clips also and they were impressive. He looked like a larger Brad Hopkins.

Vinny said:
I saw those clips also and they were impressive. He looked like a larger Brad Hopkins.

The couple clips that showed him breaking off his block on the left to follow the run block on the right 10 yards down the field and was able to take a LB out of the play near the right sideline each time was great. To have a guy that fast, on the left side at any level of football is impresive. Just as they showed though, he's got a lot to learn in terms of mechanics.

WildBlackBear32 said:
No, but the idea of Johnathon Ogden 2.0 sounds pretty nice to me. His athleticism, speed and quickness for a 6'7 1/2 guy is absolutely insane. I was a minor skeptic of his during the season as I only saw 2 or 3 FSU games this year, but the video they played on the NFL Draft Preview show was nice, seeing the amount of effort he gave in each play.

I only saw Barron in one game last season, and he looked good, but I'm still not sold on him being the best option for us at 13 since having a rookie starting on the O-Line again isn't an idea I'm too keen on...

BTW my Stockar McDougle comparison comes from the fact that both are athletic OTs who have "franchise" potential, but both are characterized as "unmotivated" and both have/had mechanics problems...I guess if we draft him, I'll have to accept him and hope he becomes "Jonathan Ogden 2.0"...

D-ReK said:
I only saw Barron in one game last season, and he looked good, but I'm still not sold on him being the best option for us at 13 since having a rookie starting on the O-Line again isn't an idea I'm too keen on...

BTW my Stockar McDougle comparison comes from the fact that both are athletic OTs who have "franchise" potential, but both are characterized as "unmotivated" and both have/had mechanics problems...I guess if we draft him, I'll have to accept him and hope he becomes "Jonathan Ogden 2.0"...

I'm not too keen on a rookie OT coming in either, especially given the fact the last few highly rated OTs didnt do to hot in their first year...Gross, M.Williams, Gallery, McKinnie(thought I think he did the best of this bunch as a rookie). I just think of it over the long term. Having anchors at WR, QB and LT would make us a power for a long time.

WildBlackBear32 said:
I'm not too keen on a rookie OT coming in either, especially given the fact the last few highly rated OTs didnt do to hot in their first year...Gross, M.Williams, Gallery, McKinnie(thought I think he did the best of this bunch as a rookie). I just think of it over the long term. Having anchors at WR, QB and LT would make us a power for a long time.

The list of rookie OTs that don't make an impact at OT is long, but having a franchise guy is a good proposition, I'm just not sold on him...We gave up the most sacks out of any team in the AFC, but we had the least amount of sacks of any team in the NFL, so I think that need is greater, but I'm partial to good defenses, so I may be a little biased...I think Wand deserves another year, but if the organziation thinks differently, that's cool :thumbup ...

D-ReK said:
The list of rookie OTs that don't make an impact at OT is long, but having a franchise guy is a good proposition, I'm just not sold on him...We gave up the most sacks out of any team in the AFC, but we had the least amount of sacks of any team in the NFL, so I think that need is greater, but I'm partial to good defenses, so I may be a little biased...I think Wand deserves another year, but if the organziation thinks differently, that's cool :thumbup ...

Oh, I'll love me a good defense as much as the next guy. I'm just not sure a guy coming from Troy State, adjusting to a new position is the answer. If we are able to land Rolle, Merriman or DJ over Barron, then I'm all for it. Just Ware...im not a Ware guy...

WildBlackBear32 said:
Just Ware...im not a Ware guy...

Ware seems to be a pure "potential" pick. His numbers in college are not mind boggling, despite playing weak competition. Babin, however, had freakish production in college.

Back