Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Veteran improvement.

What Vet(s) on Texans do you think can and should improve if he remains on roster? I am going with KJ which may surprise many of you due to my criticisms and the second player will be Arian Foster. He might not lead NFL but should be a much better player as he has the teams confidence and both Kubiak and Schaub should utilize his pass catching ability much more.
Old 05-05-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Veteran improvement.

Cricket noise.
Old 05-05-2011   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Cricket noise.

I think Earl Mithcell will be #1

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #4
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hoping that Jacoby will take the next step and be a pro's pro. Okoye might not get the chance to improve...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Holliday. I think he returns from injury to become a pro bowl caliber returner.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

My 3 amigos. Now this uninteresting thread can flame out while I go to Post Office and library.
Old 05-05-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Antonio Smith flourishes in this new defense. I believe that Quinn will do well also. Offensively I'd like to see what Tate's got.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2011   #8
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

That Andre Johnson guy has got to step up his game.

Or. Else.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I keep hoping that Jacoby will take the next step and be a pro's pro. Okoye might not get the chance to improve...
I think Okoye has a chance to improve. He is already a good run stopper but has the quicks to penetrate. Moving him to 3-4 DE seems like he could create havoc like Gary Walker initially did for the Texans except he won't get near that much playing time. Seems to me if Okoye is in the mix as a DE we have a hell of a deep DE rotation.
Old 05-05-2011   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What Vet(s) on Texans do you think can and should improve if he remains on roster? I am going with KJ which may surprise many of you due to my criticisms and the second player will be Arian Foster. He might not lead NFL but should be a much better player as he has the teams confidence and both Kubiak and Schaub should utilize his pass catching ability much more.
Barwin? Tate? I think both could surprise this season since we got nothing from them last year. Well, I guess if they recover well from their injuries well and aren't hampered. If looking for non-injured players, I think the franchise/Wade Phillips is expecting Mitchell to take a huge 2nd step.
Old 05-05-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I think Antonio Smith flourishes in this new defense. I believe that Quinn will do well also. Offensively I'd like to see what Tate's got.
I posted the same about SMith soon after Phillips was name DC. You are first I've seen to agree. Can you expand on why? I think Smith felt "reined in" by the last defensive coaches. I know he was reprimanded one game but can' t remember the details. He as extremely angry during that game even though he apologized later.
Old 05-05-2011   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to think everyone who remains on our defense will improve, especially the secondary. They are still very green and will grow naturally as well as having the Wade effect (i.e. better coaching).

On offense it seems like every year is the year Jacoby will break out, but who knows. Dorin Dickerson oozes with potential. Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Garret Graham definitely have upside as well.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #13
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 3 Defense

Connor Barwin- Excellent athlete was having a great preseason and was all over the field in the colts game. Expect big things from him. First speed rusher the texans have had.

Earl Mitchell- Whether inside at the nose or playing the 5 technique, his hustle will be all over the field.

Glover Quinn-I really like the move to safety. Plays better when the plays are in front of him.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #14
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I posted the same about SMith soon after Phillips was name DC. You are first I've seen to agree. Can you expand on why? I think Smith felt "reined in" by the last defensive coaches. I know he was reprimanded one game but can' t remember the details. He as extremely angry during that game even though he apologized later.
Smith is an extremely disruptive player on the field, but he's in that tweener area where he's too big to be an elite DE and too small to consistantly play DT.

In arizona he was asked to play more of a 2 gap system, but on 3rd down he was moved inside to rush and really played well. In Wades system he will be asked to play an attacking 1 gap position that should suit his skills and size. He'll also no longer be going 1-1 vs tackles and will have barwin or mario to draw most of the attention.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Smith is an extremely disruptive player on the field, but he's in that tweener area where he's too big to be an elite DE and too small to consistantly play DT.

In arizona he was asked to play more of a 2 gap system, but on 3rd down he was moved inside to rush and really played well. In Wades system he will be asked to play an attacking 1 gap position that should suit his skills and size. He'll also no longer be going 1-1 vs tackles and will have barwin or mario to draw most of the attention.
Agreed. With a solid Nose taking up 2 blockers & an OLB + Mario crashing the LOS, I think SMith could have the best year ever.
Old 05-07-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Do you think Jacoby will be re-signed for next year?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read