Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2011   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Smith on ProFootballTalk Live on Thurs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-on-thursday/

Honestly he does not do enough of this type of stuff. Not expecting anything really interesting but it is a national interview.
Old 05-05-2011   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith on ProFootballTalk Live on Thurs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-the-texans/

podcast
Old 05-06-2011   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh my god... Are you kidding me Rick Smith?

The interviewer asked him if during the lockout they distributed playbooks. Smith answers "Well we had guys come in for workouts and we had those types of meetings planned for the following week, which obviously didn't happen."

WHAT?
Old 05-06-2011   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Oh my god... Are you kidding me Rick Smith?

The interviewer asked him if during the lockout they distributed playbooks. Smith answers "Well we had guys come in for workouts and we had those types of meetings planned for the following week, which obviously didn't happen."

WHAT?
There was a report on PFT.com that Miami was the only team to not get playbooks out.
Old 05-06-2011   #5
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There was a report on PFT.com that Miami was the only team to not get playbooks out.
Saints also did not get the playbooks out to Jordan and ingram
Old 05-06-2011   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would Smith have said that I wonder. It would have been an easy question to answer

Heres the exact transcript for anyone who is curious (regarding this one question):

Florio

Quote:
And Rick there was that period when the lockout ended for a day or two, were you able to get some of the players in, distribute playbooks, during that brief window when the lockout was over?
And Smith's Answer:
Quote:
Well we had guys that came in and got workouts in and saw the coaches and we had meetings planned for the following week and obviously that didn't happen but you know our guys are anxious to get back in it just like their coaches are anxious to get back in it and as soon as we can get the labor situation rectified you know we'll be ready to roll.

So bizarre
Old 05-06-2011   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Why would Smith have said that I wonder. It would have been an easy question to answer
True. I think the Texans have a minimal information policy under this regime.
Old 05-06-2011   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans have a minimal information policy under this regime.
Despite popular belief, C.I.A. actually stands for The Houston Texans. Coincidentally, the information they both gather typically takes years or decades to produce discernible results.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Despite popular belief, C.I.A. actually stands for The Houston Texans. Coincidentally, the information they both gather typically takes years or decades to produce discernible results.
Haha at least we get info from the CIA, albeit it seems to change on a daily basis. The Texans dodge questions like theyre running for president
Old 05-06-2011   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they were meaning the 1st round draft picks.

I think Rick's answer was probably meaning existing players on the roster.
Old 05-06-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick, if ONE player has the playbook, EVERY player has the playbook..........if you know what I mean.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure I saw Wade hand Watt a playbook in one of the clips posted on the mothership page.
Old 05-08-2011   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Pretty sure I saw Wade hand Watt a playbook in one of the clips posted on the mothership page.
Darn near the first thing Watt asked for. He was like "hey coach, can I get the playbook?" Really like this kid.
Old 05-15-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
True. I think the Texans have a minimal information policy under this regime.
I think we may be more dysfunctional than we like to think, & Rick didn't know.

Hate to think that, but if the team did get the playbooks out (with the exception of Miami) & Rick Smith answered the question the way he did... chances are good that he simply didn't know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read