Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2011   #61
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For Mussop

I miss Blazing Arrow for this very reason.

Any of you guys hear the rumor that the Tits are going to sign Herzlich as an udfa???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #62
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Just my observation. No better or worse than somebody else's viewpoint, I suppose. I think you should let it go. Don't let this define you. I say this because I, too, have almost let stuff like this define me as well. It's a slippery slope and it doesn't help when we hang onto a thin thread at the same time.

You are passionate about the player and wanting to see him land somewhere. He DID land somewhere, some people are teasing you about it, I suggest we all look at this like we're a bunch of friends hazing one another into the fraternity. Win-win.
I'm good with it. I really thought I would enjoy the banter. The problem, as I've said repeatedly, is that burp and fart jokes (and the like) have an age limit of about 20. I don't mind the kid, and I really have been done with the thread but it keeps popping up. Not only that people are buying popcorn and I feel kind of obligated to put on a show. I feel kind of like I'm playing against the Generals. You know, they try hard... but always seem to come up just short. I think Mussop should tap out and find someone who's either a) funny or b) intelligent.

And you're right... I got bored about the time he brought out the cap... er... wat... hmm "big" guns. You know me man, I'm pretty candid and I've been known to ride people a little from time to time. Of course the people I've ridden so far? SWT and Wagon... I'm not going to say there's a pattern... But seriously, maybe Mussop is a nice guy and I just caught him on a bad week.

Mussop, I'll extend the olive branch. It is on me, being the bigger man, to say I apologize. I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'm sorry for making you look bad.
Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #63
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is what I saw, at the start of this thread:

1a. DocBar did a nice thing, letting you know a guy you cared about is actually on a team (UFL team).

1b. Mike threw a quick jab in there right away.

2. You replied to DocBar.

3. Mike came back in and said this:

Mussop. Let me be clear. I'm not trying to provoke you. I'm having fun at your expense. Know that your reaction did bring a smile to my face.

Mike

4. You replied with:

I'll be you're huckleberry anytime mike.

At this point, I think (just my viewpoint here) that you thought he'd spar a little...but Mike had a roll of quarters balled up in his fists.

5. I had said, earlier on, how Mike put his words together in a way that almost made it seem nice. Mike replied to ME with this:

You know... its kind of like dealing with a w.... nevermind. That would be rude.

Mike

Now if a man had said THAT to me, I'd get a little offended by it. I reckon it didn't set well with you, either. I think that's the point where you grabbed for the tire iron.

6. Then Mike and a few others went on for awhile with a back-and-forth routine, which was interrupted with you trying to serve up some one-liner retorts to Mike. It fell flat.

7. It then got to where Mike was bored with it. I think you started out thinking he was being coy and a bit playful about things, but then you saw he was digging in his claws and it came off as you trying to one-up him.

Just my observation. No better or worse than somebody else's viewpoint, I suppose. I think you should let it go. Don't let this define you. I say this because I, too, have almost let stuff like this define me as well. It's a slippery slope and it doesn't help when we hang onto a thin thread at the same time.

You are passionate about the player and wanting to see him land somewhere. He DID land somewhere, some people are teasing you about it, I suggest we all look at this like we're a bunch of friends hazing one another into the fraternity. Win-win.
Sorry bro but your viewpoint is not the reality of the situation, at least not from my perspective. I was toying with him from the beginning. When he came back with

"Dude, I had no idea you have down syndrome... I'll leave you alone. I sensed from the banter that it wasn't a level playing field. But I really didn't know you had down syndrome."

I knew I had to dumb it down for him or loose his attention. So I pulled out the cheesiest jokes I could think of and threw them at him.

Number 5 may of offended your manhood but I just thought it was another weak reply. Didn't bother me one bit. Then digging in with his claws?? With what? His I know you are but what am I 5th grade replies.

He came here to mess with me and I sent it back tenfold. How long I continue to send it back via his level depends on him. Sorry if you don't see it that way but to be honest, I don't come here seeking approval from you or anyone else. Hope that doesn't offend you. You seem like a nice person but I'm not the kind of person to take sh!t off of someone just because It might make me look bad.

For every stupid post he makes in my direction I will make 3 back at him. My intention is to do on to him that he wishes to do to me. Judging from his last post, it's working.
Old 05-06-2011   #64
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

Keep it coming guys, this thread is awesome
Sometimes it's funny just because it's funny.
Old 05-06-2011   #65
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He came here to mess with me and I sent it back tenfold. How long I continue to send it back via his level depends on him. Sorry if you don't see it that way but to be honest, I don't come here seeking approval from you or anyone else. Hope that doesn't offend you. You seem like a nice person but I'm not the kind of person to take sh!t off of someone just because It might make me look bad.

For every stupid post he makes in my direction I will make 3 back at him. My intention is to do on to him that he wishes to do to me. Judging from his last post, it's working.
So wait. If I write one post about you, you're going to write 3 about me? Can I get that in writing? I figure if I get that kind of return on my investment that it's worth it to go ahead and keep writing. I'm doing the world a favor that way.

I'll fax over the contract, can you have a guardian sign it?

Now allow me to explain this to you. I'm trying to be constructive. You need a comprehension (or at least a composition) class.

I said "you remind me of my younger brother"
You said "must be tough having a younger brother with Down Syndrome"
That implies that YOU have down syndrome.

Here, you say that if I write a stupid post you will write 3 in my direction. You've also said that you will give it back 10 fold. Do you see what you're doing here? Am I the only one that sees this? You suffer from a bad case of subject verb disagreement man. It makes you look totally ignorant so lets take a look at you from my (and several other people's perspective).

You have no class. You've shown that repeatedly especially in the thread prior to this ones.

You can't control your temper. (see the note above)

You are either terrible at composing/comprehending written English, or you are a moron. I really hope you're just bad at saying what you mean because if you are really as stupid as you appear to be (10x more stupid than I am) then I feel kind of sorry for you.

You're just not funny. I've tried repeatedly to warn you. This isn't the playgrounds. If you're going to try to use rhetorical humor, make it funny. Stop setting me up.

You really do seem to be a lost cause.

Mike

Old 05-06-2011   #66
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Mikey Mikey Mikey you know your intention was to come here and get under my skin. It was never about having playful banter. Sorry that I turned it around on you but you had it coming. If you are willing to admit that I will accept your un-sincere apology and gladly move on. IF not, I will be back Tuesday night and we can continue this for as long as you like. Unlike you, I have enjoyed this.
Old 05-06-2011   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
So wait. If I write one post about you, you're going to write 3 about me? Can I get that in writing? I figure if I get that kind of return on my investment that it's worth it to go ahead and keep writing. I'm doing the world a favor that way.

I'll fax over the contract, can you have a guardian sign it?

Now allow me to explain this to you. I'm trying to be constructive. You need a comprehension (or at least a composition) class.

I said "you remind me of my younger brother"
You said "must be tough having a younger brother with Down Syndrome"
That implies that YOU have down syndrome.

Here, you say that if I write a stupid post you will write 3 in my direction. You've also said that you will give it back 10 fold. Do you see what you're doing here? Am I the only one that sees this? You suffer from a bad case of subject verb disagreement man. It makes you look totally ignorant so lets take a look at you from my (and several other people's perspective).

You have no class. You've shown that repeatedly especially in the thread prior to this ones.

You can't control your temper. (see the note above)

You are either terrible at composing/comprehending written English, or you are a moron. I really hope you're just bad at saying what you mean because if you are really as stupid as you appear to be (10x more stupid than I am) then I feel kind of sorry for you.

You're just not funny. I've tried repeatedly to warn you. This isn't the playgrounds. If you're going to try to use rhetorical humor, make it funny. Stop setting me up.

You really do seem to be a lost cause.

Mike
Stop attacking my intelligence, its not fair. I'm going to tell my dad!

WEEEEEEEEE!!!! Dis ride jus keeps getten better and better!!!

Old 05-06-2011   #68
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Mikey Mikey Mikey you know your intention was to come here and get under my skin. It was never about having playful banter. Sorry that I turned it around on you but you had it coming. If you are willing to admit that I will accept your un-sincere apology and gladly move on. IF not, I will be back Tuesday night and we can continue this for as long as you like. Unlike you, I have enjoyed this.
The great thing about giving a kitten yarn? They enjoy it. Hopefully, the thread is dead by then. We're 14 trillion dollars in debt and I'm watching a kitten get tangled up in some sort of verbal yarn... yawn... its time to go to sleep.

And its killing me.

unto him not on to him
insincere not un-sincere
you're = you are
your = possessive
gnat not nat....

I figure if you're going to look bad, you can at least look semi-educated doing it.

Mike

Old 05-06-2011   #69
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 41 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I missing something here? The only decent burn in here was mussop accidentally calling himself a downy and texanmike rubbing it in his face a little too long.

You are both claiming victory over the other and pumping yourselves up when nothing of substance has happened on either side itt (aside from tm being much more grammatically sound).

This saddens me. In fact it makes me wonder if you two were locked in a room together whether you'd need mouth pieces and gloves or just a bunch of rubbers and lube.

Aaaanyway, this is great for cancer destroying super man if my thinking is correct. Not sure when the UFL season starts but if it's when the normal NFL season starts he's going to be playing when no one else gets to. NFL scouts will definitely be watching and even if he doesn't get picked up during the season he will just be getting stronger and more seasoned for the bigs next year. I've heard the UFL considers itself (or at least others consider it) the minor league of the NFL. Well, this is one guy that I'm fairly certain will benefit from it.
Miggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #70
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggsy View Post
Am I missing something here? The only decent burn in here was mussop accidentally calling himself a downy and texanmike rubbing it in his face a little too long.

You are both claiming victory over the other and pumping yourselves up when nothing of substance has happened on either side itt (aside from tm being much more grammatically sound).

This saddens me. In fact it makes me wonder if you two were locked in a room together whether you'd need mouth pieces and gloves or just a bunch of rubbers and lube.

Aaaanyway, this is great for cancer destroying super man if my thinking is correct. Not sure when the UFL season starts but if it's when the normal NFL season starts he's going to be playing when no one else gets to. NFL scouts will definitely be watching and even if he doesn't get picked up during the season he will just be getting stronger and more seasoned for the bigs next year. I've heard the UFL considers itself (or at least others consider it) the minor league of the NFL. Well, this is one guy that I'm fairly certain will benefit from it.
Anybody want to tell Miggsy where he or she went wrong? Hands? j/k
Old 05-06-2011   #71
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: For Mussop

I'm not sure if either on of you all are serious but I sincerely hope not.. How exactly do you win a thread war? Maybe the other members should rate and tally the scores?
Old 05-06-2011   #72
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggsy View Post

OMG. /thread. Well except the rubbers and lube, that's a little jacked up. I would probably give him a book without pictures and watch him cry.

For the record, I've never 'claimed victory'... The thread comes back up to the top and my dumb ass clicks on it again. Its like a train wreck, except I'm part of it this time.

Mike

Old 05-06-2011   #73
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Next I think y'all should have a photoshop challenge. Message board flame wars ftw.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #74
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Next I think y'all should have a photoshop challenge. Message board flame wars ftw.
I would, but he would get out the finger paints, ruin his monitor and sue me. I'll pass.

Mike

Old 05-06-2011   #75
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-06-2011   #76
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-06-2011   #77
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is right up there with a good old craiglist rant and rave flame fight minus the swearing and nude pics...

lol

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #78
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe the mods have let it go this long.

It feels like we have a cloak of invisibility or something. Ha-ha. Those bastards can't see what's going on here. Let's stage a takeover, and then WE will rule this land and eat all the good food and drink all the good wine.

Who is with me? Since they can't see this thread, we should all meet at 4 p.m. at my place 2314 Garden St. (my place is down in the basement of my mom's house). Oh, and if you see a stray sock here and there...don't pick it up. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....

And big thanks to the person who cloaked this thread. Genius.
Old 05-06-2011   #79
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Yall need to stop with the Down Syndrome talk. They might get upset that yall are lumping them in with mussop. I am thinking mussop was educated in Detroit.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #80
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't believe the mods have let it go this long.

It feels like we have a cloak of invisibility or something. Ha-ha. Those bastards can't see what's going on here. Let's stage a takeover, and then WE will rule this land and eat all the good food and drink all the good wine.

Who is with me? Since they can't see this thread, we should all meet at 4 p.m. at my place 2314 Garden St. (my place is down in the basement of my mom's house). Oh, and if you see a stray sock here and there...don't pick it up. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....

And big thanks to the person who cloaked this thread. Genius.
The first rule of the "For Mussop" thread. You don't speak of the "For Mussop" thread.

2314 Garden St sounds like an awesome place meet. I frequently sleep upstairs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read