Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2005   #1
texansfan4life
Rookie

Default Benson is our man

A few months ago i post a message, about the texans taking c benson people thought i was crazy. the closer we get to the draft the better it sounds. due to the fact the o-line in the draft is sub par. cedric benson would cure all the texans woes. david would have time to throw the football a dominick davis would be the perfect 3rd down back. benson is falling the draft and after the cardinals pic no one needs a rd between 8-13 he will fall into texans lap.

Last edited by texansfan4life; 04-17-2005 at 07:52 PM.
texansfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think Benson would help, but I think a major key in the offense that has been lacking is a two way TE... I think if Joppru could get healthy and if he beats out either Miller or Bruenner...that will go a long way in this offense and help beat that cover 2.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Either Benson or Cadillac will be available at 13, assuming nobody trades up for a RB (which may be a big assumption)...I'd be ecstatic if we got Benson since we'd have a runner that would force the safeties to creep up to the line of scrimmage leaving AJ is single coverage, and AJ can dominate any CB in the NFL in single coverage...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #4
H-TownRules
Veteran

I personally think we will end up with Caddy in our hands at 13 and we'll take him
Old 04-17-2005   #5
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

I seen on ESPN earlier today that the Bears are seriously looking into drafting Benson at #4.

Well it was their mock draft, but still
Old 04-17-2005   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the bears are seriously thinking about all the runningbacks in the draft...i've seen lovie smith praise all three of the top backs...i've seen him praise jj arrington, cedric houston, and eric shelton...personally i think it's his smoke and mirrors...i think lovie smith plans on grabbing mike williams...but that's just me...i do see us though doing some kind of trade in order to get cedric houston...i know i know...everyone thinks this is crazy...but in the end i think history will repeat itself...i think the houston franchise will trade up to get a powerback from UT...give him jersey number 34...and number 34 running wild for years to come as a houston texan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read