Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 05-03-2011   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Game- Texans 1st rounder

If there are any off filed issues, character flaws or red flags Texans will take him off their board, even a blue chip talent like Micheal Floyd, history tells us it just ain't happening.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^

This

I still think a vet CB like Taylor is on the Texans radar in FA and yes, whatever vet is signed in FA will be toung enough to play for 4-5 yrs. This will allow Harris and Carmicheal time to learn the NFL game. Wish Jackson had been broken in this way and hope he hasn't been permenantly damaged. This is why CB shouldn't be a priority in the 2012 draft.

If the Texans are going to be a playoff team in 2012 then Floyd is better than any talent that would be picked late in the 1st rd. If I were Rick and Gary I would take Floyd and hope he helped save my job.

If you think the Texans are going to miss the playoffs and there will be a new HC next yr. Then passing on Floyd would be the way to go.

I would use the pick on Floyd and hope for the best. But Gary still wont be able to get the Texans to the playoffs next yr. He's a joke. IMHO

But i'm sure Wade will enjoy the talent base Gary left him.
This I agree with and kind of supports my post. If we do sign a vet CB for long term that is one spot. Harris takes the other if not then the slot. McMannis and KJ will both have two years behind them at end of season and need to have not just a good season but a very good season. We go with the 3 and be able to go corner in draft even if we get the WR in Supplemental and give up a fist. If team at other positons do well (OLB and FS) especially if FLoyd is a successfull #2, we can go BPA or Corner in 1st or second round and still get a decent back up in second or third and there could be another free agency signing in 2012. I am really hopeful that coaching will benfit all our d backs.
Old 05-03-2011   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If there are any off filed issues, character flaws or red flags Texans will take him off their board, even a blue chip talent like Micheal Floyd, history tells us it just ain't happening.
Agreed

But history also says this franchise on field product has stunk for almost a decade.

Maybe uncle BoB will realize that talent trumps chior boys. If he's serious about his team making the playoffs. (Doubt it)

Floyd only has a drinking problem. Maybe he's a functioning BL. Many like myself and others can relate. LOL
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed

But history also says this franchise on field product has stunk for almost a decade.

Maybe uncle BoB will realize that talent trumps chior boys. If he's serious about his team making the playoffs. (Doubt it)

Floyd only has a drinking problem. Maybe he's a functioning BL. Many like myself and others can relate. LOL
This is lesson learned. Even heard Rick speak to it in his presser before the draft. If it's isolated event (which this is not, like Jimmy Smith) he stated, everybody is entitled to a mistake, but when there is a pattern of abuse or misjudgement then its a problem.

PS there are some excellent undrafted players who are worth a look, including DeAndre McDaniel, but teams really value clean backgrounds, otherwise no way this guy goes undrafted, he's too damn good on the field.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-04-2011   #25
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My 3 picks for the 1st round of 2012 draft.

1. Kerry Murphy-NT Alabama
2. Janzen Jackson-FS Tennessee
3. Rashard Hall-FS Clemson

I was looking at Walterfootball for next years prospects and the 2012 draft should be great for Safeties, lots of good ones.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #26
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Is he really worth a first round pick though? I don't think I have ever heard of any team using higher than a 3rd round pick in it.
Say hello to my little friend!

Dude took Tony Hollings, with a 2nd round pick! Not just any 2nd round pick, but the 1st overall pick in the 2nd round.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2011   #28
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post

Dude took Tony Hollings, with a 2nd round pick! Not just any 2nd round pick, but the 1st overall pick in the 2nd round.
there has been multiple 2nd round picks such as already mentioned Tony Hollings, but also Jamal Williams (DT SD), Mike Wahle (OT GB) and if i remember correctly i believe the Giants drafted Dave Brown (QB) with a first round supplemental pick. Brown did not have any character concerns so he was justified taking with a 1st.
Old 05-04-2011   #29
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hypothetically speaking say we make the playoffs next year and are drafting in the 21st pick area. As of right now my top players that could be available there in positions of need are
WR
Jeff Fuller

Ryan Broyles

Mohamed Sanu

3-4OLB(if either barwin/reed fails there)
Donte Paige-Moss

Courtney Upshaw
Old 05-04-2011   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post

Didn't he also draft a QB low and then trade same to Dallas for a higher pick?
Old 05-04-2011   #31
Ndevine7
All Pro

CB(assuming we do not sign a FA and Jackson shows little improvement)
Cliff Harris

Alfonzo Dennard

Desmond Trufant

S
Kenny Tate

T.J. McDonald
Old 05-04-2011   #32
Ndevine7
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Didn't he also draft a QB low and then trade same to Dallas for a higher pick?
The majority of Casserly's picks have been questionable
Old 05-04-2011   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Cliff Harris is the best CB in the nation, IMO. that pick he made before halftime, in the BCS game against Auburn, they called him out of bounds was sick, NFL spectacular, so good I guess nobody could believe he could make that play? should have reviewed it, what a shame, it would have made that game even closer than it already was.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-04-2011   #34
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Courtney Upshaw, OLB

He's a 6'2" 265-lbs linebacker who can fit our 3-4 scheme and play in the mold of LaMarr Woodley.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #35
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure like those picks, very nice 65. OL/DL are often heavy positions late in the first round used by playoff teams to fortify aging lines & protect or attack franchise QB's. I'm going out on a limb, a big heavy trunk of a limb that with Wade as our DC along with infusion of defensive prospects through 2011 draft Texans might want to target a big time weapon opposite Andre Johnson. For all the reasons why in my first Texan mock I had them selecting Julio Jones.

Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M, late 1st rd. grade, cut in the mold of Julio Jones both around 6-3 215, both similar vertical 38"-39", developing as excellent route runner & solid blocker. Coached by former Texans assistant Head Coach Mike Sherman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4Jb1xDlLE

I wanted us to take Julie Jones, he was already gone by our pick and they were never looking at him. So Fuller is the current top of my list. Fuller fits what we do perfectly.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #36
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps we will draft a punter.
Old 05-09-2011   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Just found this interesting tid bit via Todd McShay, who has the Texans selecting Miami Hurricane Safety Ray-Ray Armstrong. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...nab-top-safety

Quote:
After loading up the defensive front this year, the Texans could be in the market for a playmaker in the secondary next year. Armstrong has steadily improved in the past two years and has been the No. 1 ball hawk for the Hurricanes. He would be a perfect fit for Wade Phillips' scheme, which puts as much pressure on its safeties as it does the corners in zone looks.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-09-2011   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know what 2 2011 draft picks I think fell under this? Nick Fairley and Prince Amukamara.
Old 05-09-2011   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You know what 2 2011 draft picks I think fell under this? Nick Fairley and Prince Amukamara.
yeah, I don't think McShay knows how Texan Board takes these issues into consideration, he just looks at what needs they have on the field with most dynamic playmaker.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-09-2011   #40
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just found this interesting tid bit via Todd McShay, who has the Texans selecting Miami Hurricane Safety Ray-Ray Armstrong. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...nab-top-safety
Want. Armstrong is a beast, and I would be very happy if he is the pick.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read