Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-02-2011   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Drafts I liked

Scanning over the draft and commenting on some of the good things I see:

Colts - Must admit that I respect the job Bill Polian did. Again, it's about Peyton Manning. Protecting him with bookend tackles, and taking the pressure off with an inside runner. Drake Nevis is a typical Colt DT. Solid draft.

Vikings - I think Minnesota has been unfairly bashed for the Ponder selection. I think he's a very solid QB who may be ready to play right now. Kyle Rudolph would have been a 1st rounder if not for his injury. And they got a ton of value picks on the 3rd day of the draft (Ballard, Burton, Love, etc.).

Bucs - Adding DEs Clayborn and Bowers to last years DTs McCoy & Price sets up Tampa Bay to have dominating defensive front in the future..

Rams - A promising edge rusher and 3 targets for Sam Bradford. A team on the rise.
Old 05-02-2011   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drafts I liked

Detroit-Pair Suh with another angsty DT. Solid draft. Got a pretty good RB in round two, as well as an NFL ready receiver.

Our draft was pretty damn good. Got solid players along the defense that should improve that pile of shit we had last year.

Buffalo-Got one of if not the best players in this draft at three and bulked up their defense all along the draft.
Old 05-03-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Had to throw this one out there.

Denver.

While I am waiting to see how Miller turns out, you have to like the fact that they saw a need at safety and picked up Quinten Carter AND Rahim Moore.

Got a nice big addition to the O line with Orlando Franklin and also grabbed Jeremy Beal in the 7th for outstanding value.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #4
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 274 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Drafts that i felt were solid were

Lions-Drafted BPA and picked up some solid talents in Fairley, Young, and Leshoure.

Giants-Paired two solid defensive players with Amukamara(top 10 talent at 19) and Marvin Austin(very solid but falls due to not playing last season)while the WR from troy they picked up is very solid.

Bucs-When you can pair Clayborn and Bowers with the two DT they picked last year, that is a scary front 4.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read