Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2011   #41
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Texans in the NFL Top 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Link says 4 Texans made it so I'm assuming Schaub is one of them.

Well if the voters can make up their mind on whether to do it for just the 2010-2011 season or as an overall career, then Demeco might get in there somewhere. They are flip flopping on everything though.
Old 05-13-2011   #42
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Well if the voters can make up their mind on whether to do it for just the 2010-2011 season or as an overall career, then Demeco might get in there somewhere. They are flip flopping on everything though.
I doubt Demeco goes into a top 100. There are probably a few MLBs on the list that us Texans fans might think that he is better than, but I really doubt it.
Old 05-13-2011   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think he missed way too much of the season.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #44
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario made it at # 71. The only other two I can see making it now are Dre, and Arian.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #45
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Mario made it at # 71. The only other two I can see making it now are Dre, and Arian.
Already been said it is 4. After watching the rection show after last nights episode I am pretty sure it will be Schaub.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #46
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...?module=HP_cp2
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Already been said it is 4. After watching the rection show after last nights episode I am pretty sure it will be Schaub.
Oh damn, I didn't see that. So yeah, I guess it might be Schaub.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2011   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Oh damn, I didn't see that. So yeah, I guess it might be Schaub.
With Romo making the list at #72, that means only 8 QB's are left. Which of the following fails to make the list?

M. Schaub
P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

There's nine guys there, so at least one of them isn't in the top 100.

(FWIW, I'm guessing Schaub's out, with AJ, Winston, and Foster still to come for the Texans)
Old 05-16-2011   #49
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

So guess Schaub is ranked ahead of Ryan ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #50
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Obviously, Robert Mathis has not been talking to folks on this board, because he directly contradicts some of our brighter posters.
Old 05-16-2011   #51
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
With Romo making the list at #72, that means only 8 QB's are left. Which of the following fails to make the list?

M. Schaub
P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

There's nine guys there, so at least one of them isn't in the top 100.

(FWIW, I'm guessing Schaub's out, with AJ, Winston, and Foster still to come for the Texans)
Good point, i thought schauby had a chance until i saw this list..the only convievable 1 that schaub might be in over is Vick...but i don't see it happening.

My guess on the remaining 3 texans: AJ, Foster & Leach. The reason why i say leach is b/c he made the pro bowl last year largely off of the year arian had, & on previews to the next episode, they showed a host of running backs saying "if you run behind him you're going to get yards.." along with tolbert from SD, they showed leach as well.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Good point, i thought schauby had a chance until i saw this list..the only convievable 1 that schaub might be in over is Vick...but i don't see it happening.

My guess on the remaining 3 texans: AJ, Foster & Leach. The reason why i say leach is b/c he made the pro bowl last year largely off of the year arian had, & on previews to the next episode, they showed a host of running backs saying "if you run behind him you're going to get yards.." along with tolbert from SD, they showed leach as well.
I just don't see how any fullback currently in the league is that important of a player. I don't hate fullbacks or Leach or anything like that, but there are plenty of teams that straight up don't even use FB's. I just can't see how Leach would make it over McClain or even the FB that was on the Titans (Was his name Hall?) who have also both made pro bowls. I'm still thinking the four are going to be Mario, AJ, Foster, and Schaub, even though somehow Tony Romo made it on.

EDIT: I would take Schaub over Ryan 100 times out of 100.
Old 05-16-2011   #53
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else see the commercial for next week's episode and it had a clip of Cushing making a tackle?

It seems more like Schaub got screwed and possibly Cushing is in?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #54
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Anyone else see the commercial for next week's episode and it had a clip of Cushing making a tackle?

No way Cushing is in. Even if he was worthy (and he's not), he's way too controversial.
Schaubs in.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #55
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

They've showed plenty of clips of players who have no shot of getting into the top 100. If Cushing had made it in there is no way on earth he'd be higher than Briggs in the eyes of the players.
Old 05-16-2011   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
How does Schaub have no chance over Matt Ryan? Other than team success there is no objective way to rank Ryan higher.
Old 05-16-2011   #57
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How does Schaub have no chance over Matt Ryan? Other than team success there is no objective way to rank Ryan higher.
Well, mainly b/c he has this similar to mario williams http://prod.www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-t...onus-Matt-Ryan ...so we know he's on the list.

2nd, look at the last 2 qb's who have made the list already (Romo, Freeman) he had more team success than both of them last year & his stats aren't too bad either...schauby just has the stats.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #58
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I just don't see how any fullback currently in the league is that important of a player. I don't hate fullbacks or Leach or anything like that, but there are plenty of teams that straight up don't even use FB's. I just can't see how Leach would make it over McClain or even the FB that was on the Titans (Was his name Hall?) who have also both made pro bowls. I'm still thinking the four are going to be Mario, AJ, Foster, and Schaub, even though somehow Tony Romo made it on.

EDIT: I would take Schaub over Ryan 100 times out of 100.
Why not? Vonta Leach is better than both of those guys and I'm sure they have at least one fullback on the list.

I think it's possible that Vonta Leach can be the other Texan on the list.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #59
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Why not? Vonta Leach is better than both of those guys and I'm sure they have at least one fullback on the list.

I think it's possible that Vonta Leach can be the other Texan on the list.
Because FB is not looked at as a position that is entirely necessary in an NFL offense. I mean nobody is saying Leach is terrible, he just plays in a position that usually doesn't cater to having your name in bright lights. I have a feeling if there are any FB's on this list, it'll probably only be 1 and it'll probably be that guy on the Ravens who is basically an RB that they have block occasionally.
Old 05-16-2011   #60
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Romo made it wow I guess that means no schauby

How could romo make it when last year he lead his team to like 0-5. Then missed the rest of the season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read